cause for celebration! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-07-2012, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)

The BC nurses union and others got the government of BC to back off on its mandatory mask or sticker campaign!!thumbsup.gif

It is stated as a one year reprieve as they work towards having more nurses come on voluntarily - but still, good news.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/11/30/bc-flu-shots-nurses.html

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#2 of 10 Old 12-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

The spokesman for the BC Health Ministry is named Ryan JABS?    Seriously????

biglaugh.gif

On a more serious note, it sounds like they are just trying to use this year to attempt stronger propaganda: "The union said the provincial government will provide nurses with more information about the value of immunization and provide on-site flu clinics for members."

They're not rescinding the policy, only agreeing to suspend ENFORCEMENT of the policy.

Not one word from the BC Health Ministry on the points raised by the Cochrane Review (that there was no evidence that flu shots for nurses would have any helpful effect on the patients.

Apparently, the BC Health Ministry is only focused on one thing: PROPAGANDA PROPAGANDA PROPAGANDA PROPAGANDA

#3 of 10 Old 12-07-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

The quote feature is not working.  

I know it is only a reprieve, but that is still something.

I guess round two will happen in a year - or not.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 10 Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

That's better than nothing! CT just put one nurse on unpaid leave with one week to get the shot or be terminated, and I believe her week is coming to an end.  Another who has ZERO patient contact (office worker at a different hospital) was also threatened to be fired.  She lawyered up and was allowed to keep her job under the stipulation of wearing a mask.  My MIL believes in whatever her doctors tell her, but she too works in the office portion of a hospital and is 'required' to be fully vaxxed or lose her job.  CT also just included the flu shot on the school schedule where formerly it was not (it was up to the individual school). 

#5 of 10 Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post

CT also just included the flu shot on the school schedule where formerly it was not (it was up to the individual school). 

So is the flu shot mandatory for school now?

#6 of 10 Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

So is the flu shot mandatory for school now?

It is in CT. 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#7 of 10 Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

It is in CT. 

greensad.gif

#8 of 10 Old 12-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

i have heard from several parents in Ct opting out of this using the easy exemption we have.  

#9 of 10 Old 12-11-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

i have heard from several parents in Ct opting out of this using the easy exemption we have.  

You can opt out of all of them like I do  - but you cannot just opt out of the flu shot and get the rest. 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#10 of 10 Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

You can opt out of all of them like I do  - but you cannot just opt out of the flu shot and get the rest. 

the people i know just signed a religious waiver....they're easy in this state... my kids' same one has carried over from grade to grade and school to school....and with all the walmarts and pharmacies giving out vaccines now, it's wouldn't be too hard to find some place to get one ( a vaccine) for your child, if a parent wished.  

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page