Vaccine waiver IS available for immigration - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Someone I know is about to immigrate to the US, and was told to be prepared to receive a buttload of "required" vaccines in order to do so. 

I was asked to look this up in English to see the particulars of the requirements.

I found that that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website has a Vaccine Requirements page.

Toward the bottom of this page under the Questions and Answers section there's this one: 

Quote:

Q. What will happen if I refuse to receive one or all of the required vaccines?

You just have to tell the civil surgeon you don't want them, and can fill out a waiver for religious or moral beliefs. 

On Form I-693,which is the medical examination and vaccination record that the civil surgeon has to fill out for your aplication, there's a bubble for him/her to check off that says:

Quote:

Applicant will request an individual waiver based on religious or moral convictions

applejuice likes this.

#2 of 4 Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

If anyone has an experience with getting a waiver, I'd love to hear your story! 

applejuice likes this.

#3 of 4 Old 12-21-2012, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd love to know if that works out. I had to go through with it and received the friggin chickenpox vaccine yikes. Luckily that was all. She accepted (the surgeon) my papers from back home (in my language!) as proof for other vaccines and diseases no questions asked (childhood vaccines and that I did have mumps). It depends totally on them though, I Have heard horror stories of some civil surgeons earning a nice dime not accepting international vax records and forcing immigrants to get all shots at once in their office, out of pocket, of course, so beware.

applejuice likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 12-22-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post

I Have heard horror stories of some civil surgeons earning a nice dime not accepting international vax records and forcing immigrants to get all shots at once in their office, out of pocket, of course, so beware.

Yes, she will be "required" to get $350 worth of vaccines. But it's about health not profits! eyesroll.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page