Your thoughts on the Hannah Poling case (vaccines and autism "like" symptoms) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-01-2013, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I was wondering what others who don't vaccinate think about this, especially now that some time has passed.

#2 of 7 Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)

Well, for starters I think  "autism-like symptoms" and "neurological damage" is often code for …shhhh…wait for it…Autism!  wink1.gif

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#3 of 7 Old 01-01-2013, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)

I remember reading that at least one mother who knew of the Polings had her child tested for mitochondrial disorders before vaccinating.  The child tested negative.

So the mother, feeling that the child was therefore not at risk, agreed to vaccines, and the child had an immediate and serious downward health spiral post-vaccination.

The mother insisted that the child be retested for mitochondrial disorders.  This time, the child tested positive.

So why isn't anyone studying how vaccines can cause--not just trigger, but CAUSE mito disorders? For that matter, it they're admitting that vaccines can trigger them, why aren't they pre-screening children for mito disorders before vaccination?

There are oodles of studies showing that "medications"' can cause mitochondrial disorders. it's pretty much a no-brainer that if that's the case, so can injecting vaccines.

Hannah Poling's mother is said to have the same mitochondrial disorder as her daughter--but, obviously, she isn't autistic, nor does she have a seizure disorder.  Of course, she only had a few vaccines as a child; she never had a birth dose of hep B, or 9 vaccines at once.

So maybe vaccines can first cause a mito disorder--and then subsequent vaccinations can trigger severity.

Of course, the government and the pharmaceutical industry is desperately trying to get the public's attention focused on anything and everything else that might be linked with autism, and on the "need" for more flu shots.  Even though the Cochrane Review has pointed out several times that they are not effective.

Happy New Year!

Chicharronita likes this.
#4 of 7 Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Well, for starters I think  "autism-like symptoms" and "neurological damage" is often code for …shhhh…wait for it…Autism!  wink1.gif

Oh no, you said the problem-that-can't-be-mentioned! Every time it is, dollars fly away from Big Pharma. mecry.gif

It just makes me wonder what other types of unknown genetic problems can be aggravated by vaccines. 

#5 of 7 Old 01-01-2013, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

So why isn't anyone studying how vaccines can cause--not just trigger, but CAUSE mito disorders? For that matter, it they're admitting that vaccines can trigger them, why aren't they pre-screening children for mito disorders before vaccination?

My guess is money. These tests can be expensive. 

#6 of 7 Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)

I thought this article was really interesting.  Here is a snippet:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/study-reveals-83-individuals-with-autism-quietly-compensated-by-federal-vaccine-injury-court-121599503.html

"Despite numerous studies cited repeatedly by federal officials as proof that vaccines do not cause autism, a new study released today in the Pace Environmental Law Review revealed that over the last two decades, the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) has been quietly compensating dozens of vaccine injury cases involving a child with autism. The preliminary findings showed approximately 1300 cases of vaccine injury resulted in childhood brain injury, 83 of which had autism. The National Autism Association (NAA) says the study further underscores the need for Congressional hearings and independent scientific research into the autism-vaccine connection."

BeckyBird likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#7 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From kathymuggle's link above:
"They've essentially taken the wordplay approach," states NAA President Wendy Fournier . "For an unavoidable vaccine-autism case like Hannah Poling 's, the government chose to downplay the connection using semantics."
PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1rC1u)

Yup.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page