Study Finds that the Average Child is Now Chronically Sick - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I think vaxes may affect vulnerability to allergies.  Unfortunately these stats don't isolate anything from which to draw conclusions.  There are a lot of factors in play.  :( 

Something/things we are doing are causing widespread decline in health.  These are likely things affecting everyone somewhat equally.

Increased television/reduced outdoor activity is widespread enough, high sugar diets are fairly widespread, vaccination is widespread, and certain toxins are as well.  Food quality may be in massive decline ?  

Options include medical interventions that are across the board, anything affecting general food supply, chemicals if thoroughly distributed, and popular behavior patterns that contribute to health if they are widespread enough. Is there anything else on the list of possible causes?

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#32 of 36 Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlest birds View Post

I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I think vaxes may affect vulnerability to allergies.  Unfortunately these stats don't isolate anything from which to draw conclusions.  There are a lot of factors in play.  :( 

Something/things we are doing are causing widespread decline in health.  These are likely things affecting everyone somewhat equally.

Increased television/reduced outdoor activity is widespread enough, high sugar diets are fairly widespread, vaccination is widespread, and certain toxins are as well.  Food quality may be in massive decline ?  

Options include medical interventions that are across the board, anything affecting general food supply, chemicals if thoroughly distributed, and popular behavior patterns that contribute to health if they are widespread enough. Is there anything else on the list of possible causes?

I recommend the book, "Vaccination Social Violence and Criminality. The Medical Assault on the American Brain" by Harris Coulter, for some insight into this. The book is old, but the information presented is historical and extremely thought provoking.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#33 of 36 Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 AM

I know the focus on this thread is non vax, and I am a reluctant vaxxer, who is still on the fence and would prefer not to vax if only I felt the risks and benefits were more clear, but very surprised even so to not see much mention of breastfeeding rates in decline.

It seems like its the same with us as it is with the bees.

The reason they are in massive decline is down to a multitude of reasons it was shown. Perhaps its not just a single factor with us either.

Combine, poorer food and lifestyle choices, increasing uses of processed additives in vaccines, and food, more pollutants in general, lower breastfeeding rates, and more resistant bacteria and viruses, due to time or over prescription of antibiotics etc. It's really no wonder at all that children are sicker than ever.

#34 of 36 Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticopia View Post

I know the focus on this thread is non vax, and I am a reluctant vaxxer, who is still on the fence and would prefer not to vax if only I felt the risks and benefits were more clear, but very surprised even so to not see much mention of breastfeeding rates in decline.

Huh.  I have not heard  this.  A quick google search is not showing this.  May I ask for your source?  I agree with the rest of your post, though!

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#35 of 36 Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Hiuh.  I have not heard of this.  A quick google search is not showing this. 

Breastfeeding rates have not declined since the huge rise in the number of vaccines administered to babies, here is an historical graph, taken from The Resurgance of Breastfeeding:

Quote:
Between 1971 and 1995, increases in breastfeeding initiation occurred in all groups for which data are available. In contrast, the increase that occurred between 1984 to 1995 involved those groups that have been less likely to practice breastfeeding, i.e., low income women, WIC participants and those with the least education. Breastfeeding also increased between 1984 and 1995 among both African-Americans (from 33.3 to 37%), and Hispanics (from 53.8 to 61.0%), with little change in breastfeeding initiation among Caucasians (from 65.0 to 64.3%).

Quote:

• The percentage of infants who were ever breastfed increased from 60% among infants who were born in 1993-1994 to 77% among infants who were born in 2005-2006.
  • Breastfeeding rates increased significantly among non-Hispanic black women from 36% in 1993-1994 to 65% in 2005-2006.
  • Breastfeeding rates in 1999-2006 were significantly higher among those with higher income (74%) compared with those who had lower income (57%).
  • Breastfeeding rates among mothers 30 years and older were significantly higher than those of younger mothers.
  • There was no significant change in the rate of breastfeeding at 6 months of age for infants born between 1993 and 2004.

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db05.htm

Current information from the CDC, http://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/data/reportcard.htm

Quote:

Breastfeeding rates on the rise

Breastfeeding rates continue to rise, with increases of about 2 percentage points in breastfeeding initiation, and breastfeeding at 6 and 12 months. Breastfeeding initiation increased from 74.6% in 2008 to 76.9% in 2009 births. This improvement in initiation represents the largest annual increase over the previous decade. Breastfeeding at 6 months increased from 44.3% to 47.2%; breastfeeding at 12 months increased from 23.8% to 25.5%.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#36 of 36 Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 AM

Wow, ok, I had just seen that the US is pretty low in breastfeeding rates, as is Ireland, where we live now. I assumed (obviously wrongly) that they must have been higher back in the day. I guess I was wrong.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page