Very Tired of All the Flu Hype - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 79 Old 01-15-2013, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Wow. I have premature infants that were just released from the nicu and our childrens hospital even has flu tents outside (tents for children to be examined in if you think they have the flu so that you can go into a special entrance and be quarantined if they do). There were no infants getting the flu shot in there- It was made very clear that no babies younger than 6 months could get the vax, even though there were several parents wanting their kid to have because of the hype.

Yes, congratulations on the twins! And they're released from the nicu--that is great news!

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#62 of 79 Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/PublicHealth/MicrobialThreats/Nowak.pdf

"recipe for fostering public interest and high vaccine demand"

#63 of 79 Old 01-16-2013, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/PublicHealth/MicrobialThreats/Nowak.pdf

"recipe for fostering public interest and high vaccine demand"

More bigeyes.gif

(if it look a little boring at first, keep skimming, it is quite eye-ball popping).

It is hard to believe CDC put their name on a piece which openly admits to generating and using fear to get people to vaccinate...

Fostering demand, particularly among people who donít routinely receive an annual influenza vaccination, requires creating concern, anxiety, and worry. For example:

" A perception or sense that many people are fa

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#64 of 79 Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imakecutebabies View Post

I totally hear you. I'm just miserable. I don't remember ever feeling this sick and it sounded like such a luxury to complain about it. The mainstream media is always so annoying and I do feel like the shots probably are what cause so many people to catch it.

Sorry mama. Hang in there. Dose up on the SA - I promise it will make a world of difference! and feel free to complain - we r here for you! 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#65 of 79 Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My husband was fine until he worked 2 night shifts. The flu took him down this morning. I think I am going to make him stay home the next 2 nights. If he just loads up on meds and goes to work he is not going to recover as fast.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#66 of 79 Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMamaGC View Post

My husband was fine until he worked 2 night shifts. The flu took him down this morning. I think I am going to make him stay home the next 2 nights. If he just loads up on meds and goes to work he is not going to recover as fast.

If he loads up on meds and goes to work, he will also spread his germs.  

applejuice and Marnica like this.
#67 of 79 Old 01-17-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMamaGC View Post

I have to say this would not be good for him and is extremely unethical. If he knows he has the flu, he has a responsibility to quarantine himself so he does not knowingly spread it to others. He needs to stay home until he has been fever free (without reducers) for at least 24 hours. 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#68 of 79 Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Flu vaccine attitudes abroad differ from U.S.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/health/flu-vaccine-policy/?hpt=he_c1

A_Random_Phrase likes this.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#69 of 79 Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 AM

When they count flu, do they only count confirmed cases or all flu like illnesses? I'm asking because DS brought me some wicked virus home. All kids in his school had very high fevers, chills, chestal congestion, in short all flu symptoms. DS had a minor fever for a couple of days, slept it off, is pretty much fine now, still a bit groggy but ok (day 6 today). I came down with it on Tuesday night, was really sick yesterday with high fevers, chills, nausea, headaches, earaches, sore throat, sore sternum, chestal congestion, lots of mucus from my chest. I went to urgent care to rule out bronchitis and lung involvement. They were quite certain I had the flu. I tested negative for both flu and strep and it was called a nasty flu like virus. My point is, this winter there are some nasty cold viruses out there so if people are diagnosed merely on symptoms, the flu numbers are artificially inflated.

(Btw I think I was hit hard because I have been slacking off on vitamins and due to lots of nausea caused by my instable stomach I am down to 110lbs at 5'6" - that's when I get really sick usually. I'm trying to beef up but it ain't easy).

#70 of 79 Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloebelle View Post

Flu vaccine attitudes abroad differ from U.S.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/health/flu-vaccine-policy/?hpt=he_c1

Thanks for posting this link. From my observations, after the swine-flu hype in 2009 where the media used outrageous scare tactics to get people vaccinated and the big discussion about why our politicians here in Germany got the flu shot without adjuvants while the rest got it with adjuvants and then millions of vaccine doses had to be ditched costing our health care system dearly and it turned out that this type of flu was not so bad. The flu has started over here too, though at present I here mostly about Noro virus outbreaks. We are using cell salts and elderberry juice mostly and a healthy diet.. Should anything come our way, cell salts, herbs and homoepathy will come in handy.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#71 of 79 Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 PM

Oh gosh, this flu vax stuff just gets more and more bizarre. Wonder how many will be standing in line for this one...

Regulators approve new insect-based flu vaccine

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/health/fda-flu-vaccine/index.html

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#72 of 79 Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 PM

Yes, please, make it stop.  I'm getting constant emails from my employer, bombarded with TV commercials, billboards, local news stories etc.  Just heard that 8 million more people were vaccinated this year than last, and yet this is the 'worst' flu season ever.  Wonder if there's a connection.....Hmmmmmmm????...

#73 of 79 Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaper77 View Post

Yes, please, make it stop.  I'm getting constant emails from my employer, bombarded with TV commercials, billboards, local news stories etc.  Just heard that 8 million more people were vaccinated this year than last, and yet this is the 'worst' flu season ever.  Wonder if there's a connection.....Hmmmmmmm????...

Yeah I'm getting the emails at work too. I told the nurse who I work with (I work in mental health) Id be getting the vaccine over my dead body and to quit bugging me about it. Also they say it is the worst flu season in a long time EVERY YEAR!

#74 of 79 Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post

When they count flu, do they only count confirmed cases or all flu like illnesses? I'm asking because DS brought me some wicked virus home. All kids in his school had very high fevers, chills, chestal congestion, in short all flu symptoms. DS had a minor fever for a couple of days, slept it off, is pretty much fine now, still a bit groggy but ok (day 6 today). I came down with it on Tuesday night, was really sick yesterday with high fevers, chills, nausea, headaches, earaches, sore throat, sore sternum, chestal congestion, lots of mucus from my chest. I went to urgent care to rule out bronchitis and lung involvement. They were quite certain I had the flu. I tested negative for both flu and strep and it was called a nasty flu like virus. My point is, this winter there are some nasty cold viruses out there so if people are diagnosed merely on symptoms, the flu numbers are artificially inflated.

(Btw I think I was hit hard because I have been slacking off on vitamins and due to lots of nausea caused by my instable stomach I am down to 110lbs at 5'6" - that's when I get really sick usually. I'm trying to beef up but it ain't easy).

They are supposed to count only lab-confirmed influenza cases--but they count anything and everything, including flu-like viruses, pneumonia (may or may not be secondary to influenza), colds, cough, stomach viruses, food poisoning, and sniffles (when the patient with sniffles insists on going to the dr. or to the ER, insisting that they have flu).

The pharmaceutical industry encourages this, as it panics people into lining up for flu shots, which have been shown to be worthless. Sadly, it also panics the CEOs of health care companies into instituting policies requiring employees to get a flu shot--or get fired.

There are forums all over, where people are debating whether or not this is ethical--but somehow, nobody seems to be aware that the flu shot has been deemed ineffective by the Cochrane Review, which is the gold standard of mainstream medical review.

Incredibly, they all say things like, "well, 60% effective isn't bad, it's worth it, and there are no risks," not realizing that 60% is the difference between the 1.2% of vaccinated individuals who got the flu, and the 2.7% of unvaccinated individuals who got the flu.  According to the Cochrane Review, 100 people would have to be vaccinated in order to prevent ONE CASE of flu.  Not one death.  ONE CASE.  And the typical benefit to most people who get the flu shot: their flu case might be 1/2 a day shorter.

1/2 a day!

For a disease that lasts 1-2 WEEKS, 1/2 a day in exchange for the possibility of causing or triggering a lifelong autoimmune disorder or seizure disorder, or any of the other flu shot outcomes the government is now compensating for....

And nobody seems to understand that the real question is, is it ethical to even sell a flu shot, let alone mandate one, that is ineffective AND has deadly risks?

#75 of 79 Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
They are supposed to count only lab-confirmed influenza cases--but they count anything and everything, including flu-like viruses, pneumonia (may or may not be secondary to influenza), colds, cough, stomach viruses, food poisoning, and sniffles (when the patient with sniffles insists on going to the dr. or to the ER, insisting that they have flu).

not always! In my area they just had to reverse themselves (hospitable via the dept of health) - they stated an infant had died from flu- turns out they didn't - they are testing - http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2013/01/lehigh_valley_hospital_infant.html

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#76 of 79 Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2013/01/30/Global-warming-linked-to-worse-flu-seasons/UPI-50661359549293/

you can now throw this into the mix- another selling point

&

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#77 of 79 Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2013/01/30/Global-warming-linked-to-worse-flu-seasons/UPI-50661359549293/

you can now throw this into the mix- another selling point

Wow, SO: warm winters make for bad flu seasons, and cold winters make for bad flu seasons too! You can't ever win, better just get the vaccine.

Michelle: obsessed crafter, Buddhist Yogini, college student, and unschooling mom of two awesome daughters 12 and 6
#78 of 79 Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)

A quote from the article on climate and flu:

"It appears that fewer people contract influenza during warm winters, and this causes a major portion of the population to remain vulnerable into the next season, causing an early and strong emergence,"

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2013/01/30/Global-warming-linked-to-worse-flu-seasons/UPI-50661359549293/#ixzz2JaC5a7FM

So…what happens when seasons are warm in a row?  Last winter was warm in this area, but this one has been as well.  

And …more interestingly…does this suggest that getting the flu (perhaps even the flu shot) might have some carry over potential in terms of immunity for the next year?

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#79 of 79 Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
So…what happens when seasons are warm in a row?

it means you get inline and take one and don't ask questions winky.gif just in-case!

&

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page