First they came for the nurses and childcare workers... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Child Care Workers Targeted for Vaccine Mandates

Quote:

The Colorado Board of Health voted early in 2012 to pass a rule requiring health care facilities to implement mandatory employee vaccination policies with restrictive medical exemptions. Now there is a push from the Colorado Children’s Immunization Coalition for the Colorado Board of Health to approve “enhanced immunizations for child care center workers.”

Quote:

In Texas during the next few months, legislators will discuss SB64 requiring licensed child care facilities to develop and implement policies surrounding employee vaccination.

NVIC’s Director of Advocacy Dawn Richardson commented on how vaccine mandates are creeping into the workplace more and more.

Notice how they're starting to target a mostly women's profession which tends to have low pay. Child care workers are probably less likely to protest getting vaccines if it means they'll lose their jobs.

Next up is any kind of job that has any kind of contact with children, especially low-paying ones like bus drivers and workers at places like Chuck E. Cheese's. It will be hard to reject forced vaccines without looking like a rat since they'll use the excuse that it's for the good of children.

I joked elsewhere that the endgame is for everyone needing to be fully vaccinated if they want to leave their home.

Now I wonder how long it will be before the idea is introduced in the mainstream media.

BeckyBird likes this.

#2 of 12 Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Absolutely....it's starting to really scare me.  I work at the VA hospital, and the last few years they've become increasing 'forceful' with their 'recommendation' to get one.  They keep a list of all employees that haven't gotten one and last year came around from office to office with needles trying to corner us.  I honestly don't see how they can force employees to get vaccines without taking FULL responsibility for any side effects....but of course they'd have to admit there are side effects, which they won't.  I suspect in the next 2 years it will progress to mandatory vaccines.....then I'll be forced into lying and saying I got it at CVS etc to get my name off the hot-list. Really wish they'd take a hint from us health care professionals.....enough of us are refusing them that some eyebrows should be raised.

I really wish they would TRACK the employees that received the vaccine and those that called out sick with the flu.  So far in our office alone, at least 1/2 the doctors I work with (and their whole families) who have received the flu shot have already gotten the full blown flu. (By the way, not one of us that have not received the flu shot have gotten sick....even after working WITH the docs with the flu).  One of my coworkers (who is still very pro flu shot) said he went to the ER he was so sick....he said they asked him if he had the flu shot, and when he said yes, told him 'well then you can't have the flu' and wouldn't even swab him.  (However, his wife and both daughters tested positive with their flu swabs the same day).  No WONDER there is no accurate report of the incidence of flu among the vaccinated population.....they refuse to acknowledge that it is ineffective, or worse....actually causing people to get sick.

Hate the thought of being forced to lie about my personal medical decisions in order to keep my job, but that is obviously what it is going to come to.....

#3 of 12 Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

The thing with technology nowadays, tho, is where ever you get a vaccine, in the near future, (if it isnt' already happening now) it will most likely be entered into some kind of database, so there is no way to lie about getting a vaccine anymore...after you get the vaccine, you mite just get a number to protect identity, and all  your employer has to do is get that number from you, look it up where you say you got the shot, and find out if you truly got it or are just lying.   

Quote:
Hate the thought of being forced to lie about my personal medical decisions in order to keep my job, but that is obviously what it is going to come to.....
applejuice likes this.
#4 of 12 Old 01-18-2013, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

oh the problems that come with giving the government too much power...

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#5 of 12 Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)

I also wonder if vaccines are/will be mandatory for nursing home patients.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#6 of 12 Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM

This scares me, a lot. I think it's going to happen, though, unless the issue gets rebranded by vax skeptics. Right now, the pharma/medical industry is totally controlling the message and those of us who re concerned come off as though we're tripping over ourselves to explain our position. They've got us flailing in the corner with our nuanced and wordy rebuttals to the sound bite charge that we're shirking our social responsibility and endangering the good citizens. We have to take the message back and control it. Look at how well that's working for the gun people right now, even though you'd think they'd be back pedaling after the recent tragedies. This is a personal, medical rights issue. These are our BODIES, and we are being coerced into taking drugs we don't necessarily need or trust. What an enormous violation of our privacy!
kathymuggle and Rynz like this.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

#7 of 12 Old 01-19-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

I also wonder if vaccines are/will be mandatory for nursing home patients.

where i worked, the residents were dutifully vaxed for flu every year, and every year, the place would go into quarantine due to a flu outbreak

#8 of 12 Old 01-19-2013, 04:14 AM

I wonder if OSHA will actually speak up this time against this, because they are not in favor of mandating vaccines for employees. 

#9 of 12 Old 01-19-2013, 01:16 PM

I keep worrying about my DH. He works in healthcare and had to decline and write a reason, etc. Waiting for the day when it's the shot or his job:-(

treehugger.gif Homeschooling SAHM of my 3 DDs 7yrs, 2.5 yrs and 1 yr
#10 of 12 Old 01-19-2013, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyanydots View Post

I think it's going to happen, though, unless the issue gets rebranded by vax skeptics. Right now, the pharma/medical industry is totally controlling the message and those of us who re concerned come off as though we're tripping over ourselves to explain our position. They've got us flailing in the corner with our nuanced and wordy rebuttals to the sound bite charge that we're shirking our social responsibility and endangering the good citizens. We have to take the message back and control it. 

I very much agree with this.  

The different parties are not going to agree on the science. It is just too overwhelming and a case can be made on either side (or for a position in the middle).  Instead of putting studies out that they just "debunk", it might make more sense to focus our energies on putting out messages around informed choice and the rights of people to decide what goes into their bodies.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#11 of 12 Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyanydots View Post

I think it's going to happen, though, unless the issue gets rebranded by vax skeptics. Right now, the pharma/medical industry is totally controlling the message and those of us who re concerned come off as though we're tripping over ourselves to explain our position. They've got us flailing in the corner with our nuanced and wordy rebuttals to the sound bite charge that we're shirking our social responsibility and endangering the good citizens. We have to take the message back and control it. 

I very much agree with this.  

The different parties are not going to agree on the science. It is just too overwhelming and a case can be made on either side (or for a position in the middle).  Instead of putting studies out that they just "debunk", it might make more sense to focus our energies on putting out messages around informed choice and the rights of people to decide what goes into their bodies.

I agree, but the times I've posted this argument  (on other forums) pro-vaxxers always harp on how "irresponsible" it is not wanting to belong to and help the herd. rolleyes.gif

And how even if you're healthy you can still be a "carrier" of diseases. It's so annoying. 

Didn't the Canary Party or someone similar post an article that had a graph with all the common pro-vax arguments and the possible rebuttals that can be used? If not it sure would be nice to have one for reference. 

#12 of 12 Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM

What I'm saying is its time to stop responding to their arguments. That's just allowing them to frame the debate and control what's heard. The responses have been thoughtfully and thoroughly stated time and time again, and it's a rhetorical exercise for them to keep us spinning in circles. People with concern over compulsory medication for children and adults need to stand up for our rights, and take control of our message.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page