Need advice writing a religious exemption letter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2013, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am moving to Ny from WA in the next few months or so. I will be moving to Massena, NY. I called the school and they said I just had to write a letter and the principal will approve it. I asked I needed to hire an attorney and she acted like I was crazy for asking that. She said no attorney needed. Anyone have a sample letter I could look at. Should I write and share that I did vaccinate my older child but changed my views after the fact. She now gets no shots and my 5 yr old has had nothing. I am afraid because the older one is 95% vaccinated that they will deny my request.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Sorry no one has responded yet. The consensus on this forum seems to be that no, there's no need to mention past vaccination because beliefs can change over time and at any time. You might want to go to the Find Your Tribe forum, then find the sub-forum for NYS and ask what kind of letters have worked for mamas living there. I've heard that NY can be uniquely stringent on this matter, and not living there, I don't want to give you any wrong advice! Good luck!

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Old 01-21-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks so much

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List