Should They Be Charged? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

When drs or nurses administer a vaccine, the child dies, shouldn't the dr or nurse be held liable for the death?  Like, should it be labeled,  involuntary manslaughter, or something like that....if more drs and nurses were held accountable for those kinds of deaths of babies, do you think the vaccine industry would change?  

#2 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

If so, then the parent should also be charged for consenting.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#3 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hm, I see that as charging a gun for murder rather than the person who pulled the trigger. Docs and nurses are just the tool of the industry.

Love my 3 boys! joy.gif
#4 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)

It depends on circumstances.

If the doctor explained the risks of vaccination, including death, and followed all safe handling practices properly - then no.

Charging a doctor would have to be consistent with other drug practices - we don't charge doctors when patients die from other drugs, if it is a known risk.

Anecdotally, I do not think doctors  do the best job of explaining risks.  So many posters come on and say they were not given VIS sheets, were given them after the vaccines, the doctor could not answer the questions, but they felt pressured to vaccinate anyways (in which case there is the question of if the parents are also culpable  greensad.gif).

A doctor in France was recently charged for not telling his patient that hep B vaccine may cause MS.  http://www.polkmoms.com/forum/topics/court-fines-doctor-who-did-not-tell-patient-hepatitis-b-vaccine

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#5 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ummm no.

caffix.gif

#6 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 AM

the dr should be giving materials and going over side effects before giving vaccines, i think if they dont then there should be some kind of liability there. when a dr prescribes a drug and you go to the pharmacy to pick it up they give you that information with the med so in that kind of situation it would be a known risk. if i took my child to a well visit and the nurse is all "oh time for these vaccines today" that doesnt give the parent time to do any kind of research in advance.  its not a known risk if you arent told or given the chance to find out 

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#7 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 PM

I would say no. Hopefully sometime in the  future, we will see change, and doctors will  be legally required to inform patients of all the risks involved with vaccines...but I'm not holding my breath.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#8 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

They should be required to FULLY inform patients - not sugar coat it, not bias it with opinion, not pick and choose like a buffet which info they pass on, and certainly not threaten, belittle, or use scare tactics to coerce people into 'following the drs orders'.  I think if you could prove that any of these occured prior to the vaccination that caused injury, then absolutely the drs should be held accountable!  It's their job to make informed decisions and to inform.  If they chose the lazy route and didn't read the vaccine inserts or studeis themselves, and rather took information from a pharmaceutical rep at face value, then they did not do their job properly.  No one ever said becoming a dr was easy - it's a lifetime commitment to constant learning and being able to adapt to change.  If these drs only take what they learn in school and never grow, what good does that do the public?

Bet your a$$ if I did choose to vax my kid (I don't) and she died following the vaccination, I would sell my house and live in a box under a bridge to pay for the lawyers and make sure justice was served.  Far too easy for them to pass it off on the unknown - there is absolutely no accountability in the medical world for wrongdoing and it's disgusting.

emmy526 likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page