Seasonal flu shot and increase in H1N1 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)

Think this is why so many people say they get sick after flu shots - because flu shots decrease your immunity to other things kicking around (hypothesis)?

http://metronews.ca/health/363279/canadian-problem-maybe-not-study-finds/

"Canadian researchers noticed in the early weeks of the pandemic that people who got a flu shot for the 2008-2009 winter seemed to be more likely to get infected with the pandemic virus than people who hadn’t received a flu shot.

Five studies done in several provinces showed the same puzzling and unsettling results. "

Not sure whether this was a one-off,  researchers decided to recreate the issue using ferrets.

"...worked with 32 ferrets, giving half the 2008 seasonal flu shot and the remainder a placebo injection. The work was blinded... Later, all the ferrets were infected with the pandemic H1N1 virus.

The ferrets in the vaccine group became significantly sicker than the other animals, though all recovered."

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#2 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Canadian Forces links severe adverse reaction to H1N1 flu vaccine, arranges access to a Alberta Health Services neurologist within 1 week and paid for multiple tests at private clinics ”

In 2009 I received the H1N1 shot (AREPANRIX by GSK GlaxoSmithKline) and had a severe adverse reaction to the vaccine. The CF advised “I confirm that you did receive the H1N1 vaccine on 18 Nov 2009 and as a results suffered an adverse reaction comprised of multiple complex symptoms (neurological, cardiac, respiratory, and gastrointestinal)” which include: dizziness, vertigo, irregular heart rhythms, shortness of breath, muscle weakness and pain, and numbness in hands and feet. The Department of National Defence (DND) paid for immediate access to private clinics such as Medical Imaging Consultants to expedite testing which included Chest X rays (requested 8 Dec 2009, performed 9 Dec 2009), Fluoro scan (performed 26 Jan 2010), Chest Xray (performed 27 Jan 2010), MRI (requested 3 Mar 2010, performed 5 Mar 2010), a referral to a Neurologist at the University of Alberta Hospital (requested 16 Mar 2010, performed 22 Mar 2010), Spinal Tap (requested 16 Mar 2010, performed 13 Apr 2010). My physical fitness changed from marathon fit to that of a 70 year old in a matter of days. In 2012 the Canadian Forces advised “it is our opinion that your adverse reaction to the H1N1 vaccine, resulting in a syndrome of complex symptoms, is service related”. It's unfortunate the military forced me to release from the CF in 2011 and suffer three years of severe symptoms before they admitted the cause was the vaccine.

applejuice and Taximom5 like this.
#3 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Geichen View Post

Canadian Forces links severe adverse reaction to H1N1 flu vaccine, arranges access to a Alberta Health Services neurologist within 1 week and paid for multiple tests at private clinics ”

In 2009 I received the H1N1 shot (AREPANRIX by GSK GlaxoSmithKline) and had a severe adverse reaction to the vaccine. The CF advised “I confirm that you did receive the H1N1 vaccine on 18 Nov 2009 and as a results suffered an adverse reaction comprised of multiple complex symptoms (neurological, cardiac, respiratory, and gastrointestinal)” which include: dizziness, vertigo, irregular heart rhythms, shortness of breath, muscle weakness and pain, and numbness in hands and feet. The Department of National Defence (DND) paid for immediate access to private clinics such as Medical Imaging Consultants to expedite testing which included Chest X rays (requested 8 Dec 2009, performed 9 Dec 2009), Fluoro scan (performed 26 Jan 2010), Chest Xray (performed 27 Jan 2010), MRI (requested 3 Mar 2010, performed 5 Mar 2010), a referral to a Neurologist at the University of Alberta Hospital (requested 16 Mar 2010, performed 22 Mar 2010), Spinal Tap (requested 16 Mar 2010, performed 13 Apr 2010). My physical fitness changed from marathon fit to that of a 70 year old in a matter of days. In 2012 the Canadian Forces advised “it is our opinion that your adverse reaction to the H1N1 vaccine, resulting in a syndrome of complex symptoms, is service related”. It's unfortunate the military forced me to release from the CF in 2011 and suffer three years of severe symptoms before they admitted the cause was the vaccine.

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you as a result of the vaccine.

Thank you SO much for posting here--it is so valuable to be able to read the experiences of people like you.  I think far too many people believe that such reactions are "vanishingly rare," thanks in no small part to paid vaccine shills--the well-known ones are quoted in the media, but there are also those who post in forums and blogs, defending every single aspect of current vaccines and the recommended vaccine schedule, and worse, mocking and vilifying parents and doctors/researchers alike who dare to question or criticize vaccines and their impact.

I think your post may open a lot of eyes here.  Again--thank you so much for sharing your experience.

applejuice likes this.
#4 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 93 Post(s)

Sorry you were hurt by the H1N1 flu shot.  Thank you for posting - and I hope  your health returns.  

H1N1 was the most hype I ever remember on Canadian soil over a health issue (save for local issues, like Toronto and SARS)

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#5 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

sad for Delaware - http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/health-science/item/50003-mercury-free-vaccine?Itemid=3 - this show appears while I make dinner on my local NPR - nothing more thrilling than hearing Dr. Paul Offit! 

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page