Piers Morgan Falls Ill Days After Public Flu Shot with Dr. Oz - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/piers-morgan-falls-ill-days-after-public-flu-shot-with-dr-oz/#ixzz2Iw3U6p4w

#2 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I don't know if this is typical or not but the first (and only) time I ever got a flu shot was shortly followed by the first (and only) time I ever got the flu. 

#3 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read this on Facebook...can't say I didn't chuckle just a bit...really glad he went public with this outcome. orngbiggrin.gif
kathymuggle likes this.
#4 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)

I believe the injectable flu vaccine cannot give you the flu  although the flumist (supposedly rarely) might

However, I know a fair number of people who got the flu shot and then found themselves sick shortly after.  It seems like more people are sick after the flu shot than are sick in the general public  so I am wondering what is going on.

One possibility is that the reaction from the flu shot is significant enough that they feel ill.  CDC pink book reports that only 1% of people experience fever and malaise after the vaccine, and I am seeing  higher numbers anecdotally, so either the CDC are wrong or the reaction is not the cause of people feeling ill after the flu shot.

My theory at the moment is that the flu vaccine seems to depress your immune system and you are more likely to catch whatever else  is going around.

There have been a couple of studies that show that being vaccinated for the seasonal flu  increased the chances you would get H1N1 - so why not other flu-like viruses as well?

applejuice and Rynz like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#5 of 22 Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 AM

I don't know the science around it, but more often than not, friends I know that get the flu shot end up with some flu symptoms. I guess not unlike getting CP after the varicella vax. * shrugs* something is happening, for sure.
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 22 Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 PM

Wow! I always feel terrible after the flu shot and people tried to make me feel like I was crazy for years. Now, I am adamant. I have not gotten it while I am pregnant- why risk getting sick? I've felt great for the most part so I didn't want to rock the boat. My grandmother also collapsed after a flu shot.
#7 of 22 Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
 CDC pink book reports that only 1% of people experience fever and malaise after the vaccine, and I am seeing  higher numbers anecdotally,

because most do not go back to Dr because they don't think it can be true-thus it's not really reported

BeckyBird likes this.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#8 of 22 Old 01-25-2013, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)

ROTFLMAO.gif

Jennyanydots likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#9 of 22 Old 01-25-2013, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

ROTFLMAO.gif

This made me LOL!!!!!!!!!  biglaugh.gif

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#10 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 09:32 AM

He looks scared in this photo. I wonder who made him do it...

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#11 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloebelle View Post

He looks scared in this photo. I wonder who made him do it...

i wonder who paid him to do it and how much they paid

#12 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Ahh all you naysayers - he was probably already sick BEFORE he got the shot and just did not know about it. Mere coincidence that he got sick AFTER he got the flu shot. cold.gif

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#13 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva23 View Post

Ahh all you naysayers - he was probably already sick BEFORE he got the shot and just did not know about it. Mere coincidence that he got sick AFTER he got the flu shot. cold.gif

that's a lot of coincidence all over then...most people i know who got the shot became ill afterwards....i have read 9 out of 10 testimonies of people who became ill after getting vaxed....my extended family included.

#14 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva23 View Post

Ya, except that he came down with flu symptoms 10 days after the shot.

#15 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Um, the vaccine is about 60% effective. So some people will still get sick even after getting the shot.

Correlation =/= causation.
#16 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial-mom View Post

Um, the vaccine is about 60% effective. So some people will still get sick even after getting the shot.

Correlation =/= causation.

I am surprised they gave someone a shot on tv that has such a lousy effectiveness rate.  You would think they should know it could backfire.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#17 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Do you think they'll ever give a vaccine live on tv, after this "PR nightmare"?

From now on, whenever they do another televised vaccination, I will be suspicious of what's really in that syringe! I'm sure the government, pharmaceutical companies, and media don't want any more illnesses to pop up after a televised vaccination! Maybe they'll use a saline solution from now on, to avoid any accidental vaccine reactions, weakened immunity, or failed protection (one of which probably happened with Piers).

By the way, did Dr.Oz also receive a televised vaccination?

applejuice likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#18 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

By the way, did Dr.Oz also receive a televised vaccination?

I don't know.  But check out this clip where he says his wife won't let him give his kids the swine flu vaccine (yeah, it is a bit old).

So wait…you push flu vaccines….but don't do them at home?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-LuDt6nYg

He also admits in this transcript to spreading out childhood vaccines for his own kids:

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/01/if-dr-oz-spreads-out-the-vaccine-schedule-for-his-kids-why-cant-we.html

I tend to think someone who is sel/del knows the flu shot is bunk.  

#19 of 22 Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

I don't know.  But check out this clip where he says his wife won't let him give his kids the swine flu vaccine (yeah, it is a bit old).

So wait…you push flu vaccines….but don't do them at home?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-LuDt6nYg

He also admits in this transcript to spreading out childhood vaccines for his own kids:

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/01/if-dr-oz-spreads-out-the-vaccine-schedule-for-his-kids-why-cant-we.html

I tend to think someone who is sel/del knows the flu shot is bunk.  

I doubt we'd ever hear him say these things publicly today.

Sadly, Dr. Oz can't really be trusted anymore to say what he really feels, as he has a lot of pressure to please his high-profile supporters. Example:

http://www.alternet.org/food/dr-oz-flip-flops-supporting-organics-high-profile-attacks-intensify

Quote:

“So you’re being told organic food is no more nutritious than conventional and it’s not worth your extra money. Well I’m here to say that it is worth the investment. Why do I say that? Pesticides.” -- Dr. Oz, Oct. 19, 2012

Less than two months after telling millions of TV viewers that organic food is “worth the investment,” America’s most popular TV doctor is singing a different tune. In the December issue of Time magazine, Dr. Oz described organic foodies as “elitist” – part of the 1% - and claimed that conventional foods are nutritionally equivalent to organic foods. According to Dr. Oz:

The rise of foodie culture over the past decade has venerated all things small-batch, local-farm and organic - all with premium price tags. But let's be clear: you don't need to eat like the 1% to eat healthily.

#20 of 22 Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM

#21 of 22 Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
And in other celebrity news.....

well can we safely assume she did not have the shingles vac.........yetROTFLMAO.gifwho did she catch them from is the bigger question?? oh, will they say...........Elizabeth's brood?

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#22 of 22 Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen13 View Post

And in other celebrity news.....
http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20668728,00.html

Ha, heard that this am on the radio and my thought immediately went to "oooh can she come and share?"!

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page