Great quote on anti vaccine vs pro vaccine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

Quote:
‎"The distinction of anti- vs pro-vaccine is artificial and actually quite ludicrous," says Louise Kuo Habakus, co-editor of The Vaccine Epidemic. "What other huge category of medication requires adoption of such a label? Are you anti-steroid? Pro-antibiotic? Aren’t there situations when these medications do and do not make sense? Do we care about contraindications, family history, prior experience, performance status, other meds taken, etc.? Must we declare that we are FOR or AGAINST vaccines before a discussion can take place? Do we only talk with people with the same label?"

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

I read this, too.  She's absolutely correct. I can't think of anything else where people who have observed adverse reactions to say, peanuts or gluten or perfume are labeled "anti-peanut," "anti-gluten," or "anti-perfume."

There's one heck of a political/financial battle taking place, and the parents of vaccine-injured kids are being blamed for it--and labeled.

#3 of 3 Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, she is right on the money with that comment.  I completely concur with Louise's observation - very astute.

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page