I need some guidance, support! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mammas!

I have a 2 and half months old baby, the cutest and most precious thing I have in life! We haven't given her any vaccine yet, and our plan is to keep it like that. However, I can't stop thinking in all the "what if"s that come in to play... what if she gets sick? Our pediatrician is not a vaccine pusher, but of course he makes is clear that it is a "risk taking". What if she has a serious reaction that leads to a life long health condition...?

I feel like in either way I am gambling. So, I would like to hear from you, moms, what has been your experience with your non-vaccinated children... I need to make a trip abroad this year to my home country, so my family can get to know our baby.. and I must  confess I am a little bit scare of being with her in airplanes... this has taken my sleep at night... and I know for all us, our children are the most precious treasure we have in life and all we do, all the decisions we make is thinking on what is best for them! 

Please, mammas! Help me here!!!

#2 of 8 Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 PM

Are you breastfeeding? If so, she's already getting the best immune boost she could get! You may want to up your vitamin C & D intake to help keep you healthy, especially with traveling.

Are there any specific diseases that are of high risk in the place you're traveling to? Or is it just mostly the fear of the airplane?

Dr. Sears vaccine book has a section on travel and he says that it's very rare to catch a dangerous disease on an airplane. He doesn't recommend changing your vaccination plans for travel unless you're going to a high-risk area.

Just a few thoughts for you. Congrats on your little one!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
#3 of 8 Old 02-18-2013, 12:39 PM

I was also very nervous in the first few months, but now I'm so glad I didn't vaccinate my kids. Definitely get your baby on an infant probiotic, as it's great for the immune system, and it will give you peace of mind when you travel. We took our DD to Europe for 8 weeks when she was 7 months old, and I was worried about her getting sick, but she never even got a sniffle.

My kids are still like that at 4 & 6. Rarely ever get sick, never had ear infections, never been on antibiotics, hardly ever have runny noses...I attribute their good health in large part to not vaccinating.

Good luck with your decision!

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#4 of 8 Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the reply! Yes, our baby is breastfed... 

My main concern has been with whooping cough. it seems to be on the raise here in central Texas and unfortunately in Brazil as well... but, we don't know anybody with the disease in either place... and the lifetime health issues that this specific vaccine can bring is in my opinion more threatening than the disease...

I believe we will keep avoiding vaccination...

#5 of 8 Old 02-18-2013, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the advise! is there any pro biotic you believe is better than other? it is comforting to read your reply, knowing that you've taken your baby abroad and she was just as healthy as she could be!

#6 of 8 Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM

Don't worry. The more research you do the more confident you will become. As she gets older and you see how strong her natural immune system is, you will be relieved you didn't vax. Feed her well, take care and research endlessly. Getting sick is a part of life. It will be okay. wink1.gif
#7 of 8 Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatt18 View Post

thanks for the reply! Yes, our baby is breastfed... 

My main concern has been with whooping cough. it seems to be on the raise here in central Texas and unfortunately in Brazil as well... but, we don't know anybody with the disease in either place... and the lifetime health issues that this specific vaccine can bring is in my opinion more threatening than the disease...

I believe we will keep avoiding vaccination...

How old will your baby be when you travel? Pertussis is less and less scary as they get older. I stopped worrying about it at about 4 months.  It is my understanding that the pertussis vaccine isn't very effective anyways, and keeping her immune system strong by not vaccinating and breastfeeding IMO will make for a much healthier baby!

I used these probiotics from my ND. Awesome products!

http://www.betterbabyhealth.ca/genestra-hmf-natogen-probiotic-for-breastfed-newborns.html

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#8 of 8 Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatt18 View Post

thanks for the advise! is there any pro biotic you believe is better than other? it is comforting to read your reply, knowing that you've taken your baby abroad and she was just as healthy as she could be!

My unvaxed son has traveled abroad and multiple times domestically and my then 5 month old went on a plane to SF this past October. They have tons of pertussis out there and in fact we stayed downstairs from a little girl with a confirmed case. (I did steer clear of her though!). 

The best thing you can do is arm yourself with the knowledge of how to treat whatever disease you fear. Please look info sodium ascorbate. Also our family is into homeopathy and we do homeoptahic nosodes which can also be used preventatively for travel - so we have used Pertussin a few times in this way.

as for probiotics - we use Klaire labs infant therbiotic. It's excellent! 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page