is catching cp from shedding vax wild? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I was just wondering, if you catch the chicken pox from someone who is shedding from the vax, is it still considered 'wild'? Tia!
#2 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 03:08 PM

Yes I believe this is possible. A friend of mine son recently got chicken poxs this way from another child at school. Also my 2 year old got whooping cough from DH after he received the vax for it.
#3 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

No it's not considered wild as far as I know, the virus came from the vaccine as opposed to in the "wild".

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#4 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 04:00 PM

Respectfully, how would you know the source of the virus?

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

#5 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)

Good question, OP - why do you want to know?

The things I can think of are:

-wild immunity often confers longer immunity

-some immunity from wild diseases is often passed through the placenta and breastmilk, I am not sure this is the case with vaccines.  Anyone know?

I tend to think that if you came down with CP from the vaccine, it is still CP and you will get the same type of immunity from it as someone who got wild CP.  Subbing to see what other people say.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#6 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayfishgirl View Post

Respectfully, how would you know the source of the virus?

You can't be 100%. When we exposed our kids it was through a cp party group and the same strain had been going for months. They were able to trace it back really far and as far as we could tell it was a wild virus. 

Of course if it were from a vaccine you would think it would be a bit harder to spread, this spread so easy. There was a pox party with 6 families and they all got it, then almost every family that "shared" caught it on the first try. My boys caught it just by playing at the house with 1 kid who had it. We gave it to another family and it was only 1 try.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#7 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

I am really just curious. I suppose if it made a difference I might avoid friends that I knew just had the vax and start hunting down a party in our community, which is highly non-vax. Mostly just wondering though. Thanks for the conversation!

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page