Looking for a no-vax friendly doctor in Raleigh NC area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-21-2013, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!!

We currently have two children (another one on the way in July) who are partially vaccinated - until I became aware of the "issues" with vaccinations.  This came about because my youngest had a HORRIBLE vaccine reaction and the doctor (who wouldn't tell me WHAT it was) decided it was just a "freak" incident and didn't have anything to do with vaccines.  

We are in need of a referral for a pediatrician/family practitioner who won't push us to vaccinate. Our current ped had been...okay about it, but recently "changed policies" to become a vaccine only facility and will no longer accept us as patients UNLESS we vaccinate.  They knew that our eldest (due to allergies...which I suspect are a result from vaccinations) is exempt from vaccines because of a medical issue, and they were fine with that, but told us that we would have to vaccinate (we tried going the "delay" route but they gave us a deadline) or find a new office.  I liked the office, but I REFUSE to be bullied into vaccinating when both my husband and I are firmly against it.

Does anyone have anyone they can recommend?  We are in Johnston County and would be looking for a doctor to accept our newborn (coming in July) as well as our other children (and the many more that may/hopefully follow) smile.gif.

Thank you in advance!!

~Ruth Anne

#2 of 3 Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Well, I'm not quite in ur area, I live in Franklin, NC. But, from my experience, family practitioners are generally more accepting of patients that don't vax. I found my Dr by just calling around and asking if there was a Dr in the practice that was ok with religious exemptions. Good luck!

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#3 of 3 Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

CHeck in the Finding your tribe - NC forum since I know this has come up there a lot. I live in Chapel Hill now but lived in Raleigh when my DS was born. Cindy Young is a name that I know comes up often but we also had no issues declining vaccines at Generations Family Practice in Cary. 

the local Triangle Mommies forums have a Natural Living/Attachment Parenting board where you will also get lots more names. I have been to 3 pediatricians in the area since DS was born and never had a problem declining vaccines. 

I'm sorry you're being bullied by your Ped, what a shame :(

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page