Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2013, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

Usual garbage.

http://www.scholastic.com/getthefacts/pdfs/Merck_Parent_Materials.pdf

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Why anyone would take Merck's word for anything is beyond me!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Why anyone would take Merck's word for anything is beyond me!

Me too!

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

They have a suvey you can take, but it's like 5 questions and none of which seem useful at all. Can't wait to see all the crap that comes home with DD when she starts school :-P

Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)

I just noticed that this link has been posted in the "Vaccination Research for Beginners" section with a suggestion that people considering vaccinations might find it helpful.  Perhaps we should flag that post, as it's entirely inappropriate for a Merck marketing tool to be posted like that.

I think pharmashills do enough damage in the world as it is. Even if this was posted with the best of intentions, it should not be tolerated here.  One might as well post an RJ Reynolds ad for how to choose between different kinds of cigarettes.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Ugh they have this hanging in my Peds office!!! Seriously...... When was the last known case of diphtheria in the US and why are teens at risk for it? And why do the vax babies for it?! Ridiculous.

Love my 3 boys! joy.gif
Old 04-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

I just noticed that this link has been posted in the "Vaccination Research for Beginners" section with a suggestion that people considering vaccinations might find it helpful.  Perhaps we should flag that post, as it's entirely inappropriate for a Merck marketing tool to be posted like that.

I think pharmashills do enough damage in the world as it is. Even if this was posted with the best of intentions, it should not be tolerated here.  One might as well post an RJ Reynolds ad for how to choose between different kinds of cigarettes.

Because we do not take an absolute stance for or against vaccines but rather advocate for and provide the discussion for informed consent, it is very difficult for us to be in the position of moderating the resources posted to the Vaccination Research for beginners forum. For that reason it is now closed to posting. We may archive the forum and simply refer to a list of resources previously gathered by  Mothering editors and advise members to search the forums for information and discussion about specific topics and post their questions to one of the other three forums, as they decide appropriate.  

Taxi, in the future please report your concerns to us regarding any material you feel to be in violation of Mothering's rules and guidelines. Posting to discuss a resource placed by a member elsewhere is not appropriate.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

Taxi, in the future please report your concerns to us regarding any material you feel to be in violation of Mothering's rules and guidelines. Posting to discuss a resource placed by a member elsewhere is not appropriate.

Cynthia, I did. There was no response from the moderators.

In the past, I have been notified literally months after a report that a mod had "only just noticed my report." That's why I suggested in my post above that others flag the post in question.

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List