whooping cough - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious to know what the difference was, if you noticed one, between the severity of the cough in your unvaxed little one vs your vaccinated children?

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#32 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post

Pretty sure the news stories I've seen on people turning blue involved them taking rediculously high doses on a daily basis for several years....

I guess I should be blue by now orngbiggrin.gif.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#33 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Kitteh, it was definitely worse for my daughter than the other two children who were previously vaccinated. The coughing episodes would happen randomly through-out the day to the point of vomiting and struggling to breathe and then worsen at night.

Our local pediatrician seemed to have little experience in dealing with the illness and even doubted me when I first took her in and was concerned that she may have the whooping cough. I was told it was probably just a viral cough and to give allergy relief type medicines. I was disappointed they didn't listen to my concern because if the antibiotic would have been started much earlier, her cough wouldn't have worsened. Our doctor also made lots of comments as to her being un-vaccinated but when I mentioned my vaccinated children were the first to cough and give it to her she didn't even respond. ( when our insurance allows us to we're switching doctors)

I did find two books that offered a little bit of knowledge with whooping cough.

Naturally Healthy Babies and children: a commonsense guide to herbal remedies, nutrition and health: Aviva Jill Romm

and

Nourshing Traditions of baby & child care: Sally Fallen Morell

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#34 of 34 Old 05-19-2013, 09:14 AM

I wonder if part of the reason why the other kids didn't have it as bad is because they're older? I've always thought that the younger you are, the worse it is with pertussis.

In any case, I'm glad she's on the mend! I really hope you can change doctors soon. Nothing worse than a non-responsive, arrogant, closed-minded doctor.

BeckyBird likes this.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page