WTF CPS - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not sure if this is the right section. Even though this not being a vaccine story it does freak me out about not vaccinating in a police state. CPS took this kid because the parent's disagreed with a doctor's medical advice. Crazy.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/377456/28/Baby-taken-from-parents-who-wanted-2nd-doctors-opinion-

http://www.sacandco.net/news/article/242914/2/Sacramento-couple-sees-their-5-month-old-baby-after-CPS-took-him-following-dispute-with-doctors

applejuice likes this.
#2 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is truly awful. Thank you for posting. Gotta get the word out about stuff like this. Our rights are continually stripped away. Soon, we won't have any. How dare CPS and the police take this baby out of his home. Those parents absolutely should sue. The first thing that comes to mind is, where was the search warrant, due process? This situation sounds like a violation of the 4th amendment. NDAA, anyone?

applejuice likes this.

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#3 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing.  I think it is appropriate here.

I know there are 2 sides to every story - but it really does not look like the parents did all that much wrong.  She took the baby without proper release forms from one hospital to another.  He also seemed quite stable when she took him.   

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Wow - this is really bad! I feel for the parents. Getting a second opinion esp. after the bad treatment received at that one hospital should def. be punished with having your child taken away from you. Horrible! I hope the family will be reunited soon. I cannot even imagine how traumatized this poor baby must be and what long term affects that will have on him.

applejuice likes this.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page