Position paper on outlawing personal exemptions - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2013, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
nm.  issue gone!  smile.gif

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

We could have a whole, fun spin-off thread about sexism in the vaccine issue---Male-Dominated Medical Establishment v. Ignorant Young Mommies, the latter whom are too stupid to evaluate critically any information from the Big Bad Internet and turn to Jenny McCarthy for advice.

I actually like Jenny McCarthy.  Shhhhhh!!!  I read "Louder than Words" a number of years ago and really felt she captured some of the angst and heart-wrenching issues of having a child with autism.  I don't turn to McCarthy as a source for vaccine information, but as a storyteller, she is pretty darn good.  I also think she is fairly ballsy and has opened herself up to a lot of flack - something she did not have to do.  

I also have no issues with a parent (which is all she claims to be) saying what worked for her child and what didn't.  Goodness, she talks more about yeast in regards to her sons issues than vaccines - by far.  

Here is a link to the book.  I thought the reviews were really interesting.  It seems a lot of parents like it and a lot of people who work with those with autism do not.  

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/220563.Louder_Than_Words

In general:  I think the dismissal of Jenny McCarthy over the playboy issues is a load of crapola.  If you don't like her - fine.  Bringing up her playboy history though  shows your innate sexism or that you are trying to use sexism of others to turn them against JM.  She should be judged for her ideas and actions, not her playboy past.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Fair enough! But I've never once heard you cite your data with, "See? It says so right here in Louder Than Words." winky.gif

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

Fair enough! But I've never once heard you cite your data with, "See? It says so right here in Louder Than Words." :wino

That's because kathy said, " I don't turn to McCarthy as a source for vaccine information."

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List