is anyone in Springfield Missouri? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-04-2013, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am considering moving back to my hometown to be near family from Portland Oregon. My biggest reservation is about not vaccinating my childern. My daughter LOVES going to school, so I don't think home schooling will be a good option for us. I also fear there will not be a family doctor that will accept this. Please tell me there is Someone is Springfield that also doesn't vax. In Portland it is common practice to refuse vaccines. Our doctor supports our decision and the schools do not give us a hard time. I am afraid to leave this safe bubble, but I really miss our family. I hope someone replies and can give me some advice. Vaccinating is absolutely out of the question. I have a lot of friends there, but I do not know anyone who apposes vaccines. My fingers are crossed...SOS... Non vax families is springding???
#2 of 8 Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

....or maybe some advise from families that live in a town where not vaccinating is not accepted?
#3 of 8 Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 PM

Did you also post this in the regional FYT?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#4 of 8 Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

No, but I will! Thx smile.gif
#5 of 8 Old 05-11-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

im just gunna bump this up if that's ok. Really want to connect with someone.... Fingers still crossed that there is a small community there. <3
#6 of 8 Old 05-11-2013, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
When DH got a job offer out of state, we networked aggressively. I suggest taking a similar approach.

Apart from posting here in the Find Your Tribe section, maybe seek out local natural parenting groups on MeetUp, Facebook, and Yahoo groups. Get on the phone and call up midwives. Ask if there are any playgroups with natural-minded moms, and get a hold of them with your questions. I spent at least a day getting a hold of people!

Here's a natural-minded midwife. Athough her website avoids the vax issue, she may be able to get you in touch with the natural parenting community. She may also have the dirt on doctors who support, (ahem!), informed choice. www.missourimidwife.com

Here's an active Yahoo group for vax rights. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MCCFHC They may he able to help you navigate through the exemption process.

Good luck!

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#7 of 8 Old 05-11-2013, 09:47 PM

Lots of non vaxing families here. Just fill out the exemption form and there are peds here that are non vax friendly. We have a pretty decent crunchy community. Im from OR btw smile.gif we do have a AP facebook group if you would like an add pm me

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#8 of 8 Old 05-11-2013, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hip hip hooray! orngbiggrin.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page