a blog I found - Mothering Forums
I'm Not Vaccinating > a blog I found
kathymuggle's Avatar kathymuggle 10:52 AM 05-09-2013

I thought this blog was pretty good.

Here is a link  - the post I linked ot discussed herd immunity - but There are other vaccine topics.

http://blindedbythelightt.blogspot.ca/2013/04/putting-herd-immunity-debate-to-rest.html

Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 10:57 AM 05-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

I thought this blog was pretty good.

Here is a link  - the post I linked ot discussed herd immunity - but There are other vaccine topics.

http://blindedbythelightt.blogspot.ca/2013/04/putting-herd-immunity-debate-to-rest.html

I like this blog, I posted this link to it while back and the author joined us on the board!

kathymuggle's Avatar kathymuggle 11:11 AM 05-09-2013

I tend to dislike  and argue against herd immunity from an ethical angle (or as she put is so well):

" the debate portrays a human life as a instrument in medicine that can/should be utilized in a societal defense against viruses/bacteria/disease. (the dismissal pertaining to an individual’s choice regarding a medical procedure)"

It was interesting for me to read some of the sceintific issues she had with the herd immunity concept.

Emotivast's Avatar Emotivast 09:10 AM 05-15-2013

why, thank you : ) 

Emotivast's Avatar Emotivast 09:11 AM 05-15-2013

BTW - I'm on Facebook too and post a lot of scientific articles I come across : )

kathymuggle's Avatar kathymuggle 12:30 PM 05-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotivast View Post

why, thank you : ) 

Actually - thank you!  

Do you find your blog reaches a large audience (if thatis a goal) and is it a good way to get the word out about vaccine issues?

Emotivast's Avatar Emotivast 09:42 AM 05-21-2013

On average, I usually get 500 views a day or so on my blog - i first started writing it because I needed somewhere to sort out everything I was reading.

My hope is that it provides a good resource for parents looking to learn more about medical interventions, particularly vaccination.

smile.gif

Is there a topic you think would be good to write about about??

Tags: Vaccinations
Up