URGENT- Oregon bill to end religious exemption--- X-posted - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey parents, this bill is getting voted on TOMORROW, May 15th. 

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measures/sb0100.dir/sb0132.intro.html

It's concerning school children.  They are voting on whether parents can have religious exemptions.  If this passes you will need a doctor's note to decline vaccines for school.

Here's a Facebook page for information:

https://www.facebook.com/OregoniansForVaccineTruthAndHealthcareChoice

Please email and call your Oregon state senators and tell them that parents deserve a choice in their child's healthcare.

Link to contact information:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/oregonians-for-vaccine-truth-and-healthcare-choice/senators-contact-info/374247976029603

Again, this is getting voted on tomorrow.  Please support choice!

UPDATE: Senate has moved SB132 from today until next Weds., May 22nd. More time to call and meet with your senators!

applejuice and prettysymmetry like this.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#2 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Thanks for the info. I am in Oregon. I think received something about this via email yesterday.

applejuice likes this.
#3 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

No problem, thanks for being involved.
applejuice likes this.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#4 of 16 Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 AM

I am so nervous. :/ .... Today is the day.
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 16 Old 05-22-2013, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Please keep us posted on the outcome!

#6 of 16 Old 05-22-2013, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE:

Quote:
Attention OREGONIANS! FYI - Committee and Minority Reports for SB 132 in Oregon Senate moved to be considered on Tuesday May 28th because several members weren’t there today and they requested to be there for the discussion. KEEP UP THE PRESSURE...

Quote from the Facebook page Oregonians for Vaccine Truth and Healthcare Choice.

#7 of 16 Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 PM

Has this been posted in the tribe area too? I am trying to round up as many people as I can to call and email our senators. Glad we got another delay. This is unfortunately very under the radar. do you think I should post something up on the occupy Portland fb page?
#8 of 16 Old 05-23-2013, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

No, it hasn't.  Would you be willing to do that for me?

#9 of 16 Old 05-24-2013, 03:05 AM

This is horrible. Even if it passes this will be overturned by the supreme court. This is a blatant violation of the first amendment.
#10 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

New update: 

The bill has passed in the state senate, 16-13.  Now onto the house. 

http://www.registerguard.com/rg/news/local/29982343-75/bill-parents-immunizations-opt-oregon.html.csp

#11 of 16 Old 06-10-2013, 07:57 PM

I thought liberals were supposed to be all about choice? Where is the ACLU on this issue or do they only stand up for atheists now?
#12 of 16 Old 06-11-2013, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningrj1 View Post

I thought liberals were supposed to be all about choice? Where is the ACLU on this issue or do they only stand up for atheists now?

Politicians and non-profits both have their donors. Some days, I wonder if anybody is "all about" anything. eyesroll.gif

Could anyone tell me about this whole watch-a-video thing? Did they strike that part and, if so, did they replace it with anything?

So many of us don't trust peds anymore. By using the coercive arm of the state to force parents into their exam rooms, how on earth do they expect to rebuild any trust?

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#13 of 16 Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM

I'm hoping to move back to Portland and i am so surprised to hear about this bill passing in the senate! I'm a bit worried now to return. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether they think this will pass in the house? What is the general climate among people in portland about vaccinating? Is it difficult for your child to go to school if they arent vaccinated? Thank you!
#14 of 16 Old 06-11-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

It's going to the House tomorrow.  From what I've heard it will probably pass there.

If at all possible please go to the House Rules hearing tomorrow, Weds., June 12 at 3pm, Room HR E.  Let them know what we want!

https://www.facebook.com/OregoniansForVaccineTruthAndHealthcareChoice

^^More info here.

#15 of 16 Old 06-11-2013, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

To add, if this was really about educating then they would require all parents to take the class.  Since it's only the parents that want to be exempt that makes it a punishment.  shake.gif

#16 of 16 Old 06-12-2013, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazurii View Post

To add, if this was really about educating then they would require all parents to take the class.  Since it's only the parents that want to be exempt that makes it a punishment.  shake.gif

not only that but it reeks of discrimmination.....one group is being singled out for 'education'..does that education include vaccine ingredients for those who's religious beliefs prevent them from taking part of any animal/human  sacrifice, aka bovine, and pork  and fetal byproducts in the vaccines?  I seriously doubt it.   

if anything, they oughta be showing the movie, 'The Greater Good' to parents who are vaxing.  

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page