Alaska public schools and vaccines - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-17-2013, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I already posted this in my Tribe group, but not a lot of replies...

Anyone in Alaska(Anchorage, ideally) have/had a child in public school and not vaccinated? I'm going to go for a religious exemption since philosophical exemptions aren't recognized here. I just wanted to know how hard it is to go around doing this? Do the schools give you a hard time? My two oldest are fully vaccinated(minus chickenpox and flu) and my youngest won't be vaccinated at all..
applejuice likes this.

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#2 of 2 Old 05-18-2013, 03:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

i  found this interesting in their online 'handbook'..   the online handbook also has the religous exemption guidelines, pg 19...this little gem below is found at the top of page 20

Quote:
It will cause no harm to the child to receive a vaccine for a disease to which he/she is already immune. 

http://www.epi.hss.state.ak.us/pubs/ImmunizationManual_v03.pdf

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page