I feel like I am the only one in the world that choses not to vaccinate :( - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

The title of the forum came out of suggestions for names that were given. We polled the community and that was they choice most voted  for. That thread is here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1361124/vaccinations-forum-which-of-the-following-do-you-feel-would-be-best/0_100

If you do have an issue with "Mindful Vaccination" I suggest you post to that thread to raise it as a discussion and we can consider things in a better perspective. For this thread let's get it back on to the topic the OP started it for and not about the forum title. 

I have an issue with this suggestion, which I posted, and a moderator had removed. I will pursue the matter in other ways.
#62 of 66 Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2011 View Post

I am new to mothering and my impression of "Mindful vaccinating" was a place for someone like me. I have already gave a few shots and am undecided whether or not to continue. I am definitely not following a schedule and I have chosen to given certain vaccinations. The literature I read screams out not to vaccinate anymore, however society screams...you're nuts to allow your child to get a disease.

Hi Mama 2011

I know exactly what you are saying. I conventionally vaccinated my first born but I did it without researching it was the thing you did so I went along with it until she started reacting & I started questioning when I couldn't get straight answers from GPs.

Remember even though others are screaming "you're nuts to allow your child to get a disease" is: All vaccines are not 100% full proof, you can still get the illness, then others will say " oh but they won't get the illness as bad as if they weren't vaccinated" I personal opinion is this is just a cover.

My daughter was vaccinated with the MMR she got rubella nearly 12mths later, this was the last injection i gave her due to her gland in her groin being raised like an almond for at least 12mths & no one could satisfy my questions & then one said Oh it could be a different strain of Rubella, I asked how many strains are there, does the vaccine cover all strains just like the flu there are many differantt strains they can't keep up. People still get the flu even if they have been vaccinated. My daughter was sick with the Rubelaa & recovered. My unvaccinated daughter has had german measles (rubella)  & chicken pox she was sick but not bad. Also each individual is different depending on how strong their immune system is etc etc. My eldest had baths with my youngest & didn't get chicken pox. I had chicken pox, german measles & the mumps when I was a kid people weren't scared of it back then. My husband had the measles. It isn't nice seeing your child sick but it does happen whether it be a cold or vomiting etc. 

Its hard because everyone has become scared of illness & the media promote this, we as mothers can only do the best we can, get as much information to satisfy yourself in what you want to do for your child. I'm still learning on how to give my kids the best nutrition, both my teenager daughters constitution is different to the other so they have different needs, I am trying to cater the best I can to have them as healthy as possible & to teach them too so they will be more inform than me as they grow & get to my age. 

All back to basics, fresh food nothing artificial. Back to glass not plastic, meat but not too much less sugar less salt low carbohydrate still important to have some & I am following a diet for their blood type, not strictly but enough for their system to be able to process the foods which are good for them. 

Good luck in your endeavours it took me 2years to turn around about not vaccinating but food for thought if I were vaccinatiing I would make sure my child is not sick at the time of the vaccination, I would get my GP to do it so there is a record with them & if they are putting alot of vaccines together I would see if they can be separated & given individually so its not such a shock to the system especially being little babies. 

All the best.

BeckyBird likes this.
#63 of 66 Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Cherryripe - how scary and frustrating that rubella incident must have been., Thank God everything turned out ok! What aggregates me the most is we moms just want a simple answer...the truth! Back to the basics....YES! Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for sharing your story and viewpoint! I appreciate it!
ola13 likes this.
#64 of 66 Old 06-10-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Remember even though others are screaming "you're nuts to allow your child to get a disease" is: All vaccines are not 100% full proof, you can still get the illness, then others will say " oh but they won't get the illness as bad as if they weren't vaccinated" I personal opinion is this is just a cover.

I agree about that being just a cover. From the research I have done I believe this is probably not true. in my personal opinion, I believe it is actually the exact opposite. I believe If someone has received numerous vaccines, then their immune system has probably been compromised and thus less able to properly fight off any given disease that they come in contact with or contract. But lets be honest here, no one will ever be sure weather or not a disease would have been worse or better if not vaccinated for it. That is a study that is scientifically impossible to do. So the statement "they won't get the illness as bad..." will never be anything more than speculation. The same with saying "if they would have been vaccinated they would not have caught x disease". No one could ever know. Maybe they would have, maybe not. All I know is vaccinated individuals get the very diseases they were vaccinated for all the time, and in some studies at a worse rate than non vaccinated individuals...so what would that lead one to speculate?

BeckyBird likes this.
#65 of 66 Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 PM

When I think back it was scary but only because she was unwell. I didn't know what she had when i took her to the doctor but then it wasn't anymore scary than when she was sick with a very bad virus as a little child & a name wasn't given to it. She had a running temperature & felt really bad.

They're teenagers now & I still worry I think I will worry even when they are adults. I have a GP, a Naturopath & a chinese doc. My chinese doc is teaching me alot about recognising things & how to treat. She is really big on keeping the body balanced. She helped me with an ailment that my GP & naturopath couldn't for myself & I thank the Stars I found her.

Its a journey you need to find the right one for you & your child

#66 of 66 Old 06-10-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livysmom View Post

I agree about that being just a cover. From the research I have done I believe this is probably not true. in my personal opinion, I believe it is actually the exact opposite. I believe If someone has received numerous vaccines, then their immune system has probably been compromised and thus less able to properly fight off any given disease that they come in contact with or contract. But lets be honest here, no one will ever be sure weather or not a disease would have been worse or better if not vaccinated for it. That is a study that is scientifically impossible to do. So the statement "they won't get the illness as bad..." will never be anything more than speculation. The same with saying "if they would have been vaccinated they would not have caught x disease". No one could ever know. Maybe they would have, maybe not. All I know is vaccinated individuals get the very diseases they were vaccinated for all the time, and in some studies at a worse rate than non vaccinated individuals...so what would that lead one to speculate?

& mine did catch the disease she was vaccinated against. Her gland was still raised in her groin too I didn't think it was ever going to go down. Her poor little lymph node was overloaded because it was in her leg I would get the injections,the gland was doing its job in fighting it just a real battle I feel because it was measles mumps & rubella. Also remember too its what the vaccines are mixed with like mercury, aluminium etc this is what the body is fighting to rid itself of.

It is like a battle ground for mothers we can only do our best in what we feel is best for our children.

livysmom likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page