I feel like I am the only one in the world that choses not to vaccinate :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 66 Old 05-24-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter
 
ola13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have 3 kids, 7, 5 and 21 months. none are vaccinated and very healthy.

 

After working with autistic children for 6 years, hearing stories, doing research, I decided not to vaccinate.

I am very happy with my choice but I feel like there is no one as passionate or maybe as against as I am about vaccines.  I wish there was no controversy on this issue. I don't know how to just stop thinking about it, especially when this topic comes out over and over. maybe it affects me so much because i feel like this is a personal attack on my family especially because "my kids are disease spreaders". or maybe because I am in the minority in my beliefs and I feel pressure all around me. I guess it hurts the most when your closest friends vaccinate without proper research. And I don't like the fact that this issue is always somehow in the air. why this issue????? there are other issues i don't agree with my friends but we learn to agree to disagree....but why is this issue killing me inside?

 

Am I the only one who feels this way? 

 

Thank you in advance for your support

applejuice likes this.
ola13 is offline  
#2 of 66 Old 05-24-2013, 09:25 PM
 
phathui5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 17,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You're not alone, ola. There are plenty of us here on MDC who either don't vaccinate at all or who selectively and mindfully vaccinate after having done our research.

 

I know it really helped me to meet other natural mamas in real life. Do you have AP groups in your area or other like-minded moms you can connect with?

applejuice likes this.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
phathui5 is offline  
#3 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 03:58 AM
 
emmy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I feel the same way most of the time...while i know some people, they are not close to me, they are far away, so socializing with them is few and far between.   It's almost like a taboo subject amongst some parents...they'll talk about car seats, baby toys, differences in drs, but no one touches the vaccine issue.   I've noticed parents tend to be very strongly opinionated about vaccines, more than usual baby/toddler/ children stuff.  If you were to ask a parent what kind of carseat they used, they'd be happy and eager to tell you and recommend a certain kind......ask them what brand of vaccine their child got, and if they know the dangers of them, and you're likely to get dirty looks, and questioned as to why you're asking about that,  and then told that they do what their dr says, because he knows best. 

emmy526 is online now  
#4 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter
 
ola13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I do have friends that delay vaccines, but they still do believe there is minimal risk and that they are beneficial. And maybe that is where my confusion lies. Maybe I don't understand what it means to mindfully  vaccinate since I read all the time that vaccines are not safe and not beneficial and that vaccines are just an illusion and did not safe humanity. 

 

So is there any benefit to vaccines? 

ola13 is offline  
#5 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 01:59 PM
 
emmy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ola13 View Post

I do have friends that delay vaccines, but they still do believe there is minimal risk and that they are beneficial. And maybe that is where my confusion lies. Maybe I don't understand what it means to mindfully  vaccinate since I read all the time that vaccines are not safe and not beneficial and that vaccines are just an illusion and did not safe humanity. 

 

So is there any benefit to vaccines? 

i think the benefits are in the eye of the taker...one person can just as adamantly believe some vaccines are beneficial, while others do not trust the same vaccines at all, and adamantly believe there is no benefit.  

emmy526 is online now  
#6 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 02:23 PM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,259
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ola13 View Post
 Maybe I don't understand what it means to mindfully  vaccinate since I read all the time that vaccines are not safe and not beneficial and that vaccines are just an illusion and did not safe humanity. 

 

 

join the club! biggrinbounce.gif 

 

 

 

there was a recent post in the "mindful" section that questions that use of words-I feel mindful is definitely not the correct term to be using if you vaccinate 

upsaDaisy likes this.

 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
#7 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 03:47 PM
 
livysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I have decided on no vaccines for my daughter (now 5 mos. old) and I have put a lot of time and research into this issue. It is very upsetting to have someone who has done no research at all tell you that you are endangering your child or that you are crazy. At first I was going to do an alternative vaccine schedule that a naturopath had made for my daughter because even I, at one point, felt that no vaccines seemed scary and wrong. I never immediately dismissed all vaccines but researched each one individually and realized that none of them, in my opinion, seem to have more benefit than risk. So why is it that at times I find myself consumed with the fear of my child getting sick with one of the "vaccine preventable" diseases? Maybe it is because I have the fear that I will be blamed for it. Or maybe it is because society has engrained it into our brains that vaccines are a necessity to life. I even at times re visit my decision to not vax at all but always come back to the same conclusion: to vax is dangerous and the chance of my child catching and suffering a severe consequence from one of these diseases is far more minute than the chance of adverse vaccine reaction. Does anyone else share these fears and thoughts? I guess what it boils down to is I am stumped at how the majority of parents still vax, and most Dr.s till srecommend vaxing with all the information that is out there today!

livysmom is offline  
#8 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
 
ola13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

i think the benefits are in the eye of the taker...one person can just as adamantly believe some vaccines are beneficial, while others do not trust the same vaccines at all, and adamantly believe there is no benefit.  

 

yes i agree, and i am adamant about many many issues inc. co-sleeping, bf, and so on, and I am learning how not to give my opinion about those topics if someone disagrees. and in the end it is the person's child and their consequences. but the difference is that whether i am sleeping with my kids or not punishing them or bf or whatever it won't affect other kids, or my kids won't die from those things :) maybe that is why it is easier for me to let go and not be so adamant about those issues. 

 

but this vaccinating issue is more complex, it feels like peoples lives are at stake and my kids are blamed for it. and the attack is so huge from both sides. I wish this topic was over but it feels like the war has just started..and i don't like wars. 

ola13 is offline  
#9 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
 
ola13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livysmom View Post

 So why is it that at times I find myself consumed with the fear of my child getting sick with one of the "vaccine preventable" diseases? Maybe it is because I have the fear that I will be blamed for it. Or maybe it is because society has engrained it into our brains that vaccines are a necessity to life. I even at times re visit my decision to not vax at all but always come back to the same conclusion: to vax is dangerous and the chance of my child catching and suffering a severe consequence from one of these diseases is far more minute than the chance of adverse vaccine reaction. Does anyone else share these fears and thoughts? I guess what it boils down to is I am stumped at how the majority of parents still vax, and most Dr.s till srecommend vaxing with all the information that is out there today!

 

 

exactly how i feel too sometimes. but i know i made a good decision. I have 3 kids and they are so healthy. Livysmom, have you heard of Dr. Lawrence Palevsky. He is one of my fav dr. I hope more doctors will come out to speak on our behalf. He is a pediatritian and I have been to two of his lectures. He is very articulate and speaks from a medical point of view. He has articles on his websites that he has written and not only about vaccines but about health of children in general. I follow his instructions when my kids get a cold or flu.

ola13 is offline  
#10 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 PM
 
livysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No I have not heard of that Dr. Thank you and I will definitely be looking him up! I do try to regularly read from Dr. Mercola's website. He is a Dr. who's opinion I usually respect. I also know deep down that I am making the right decision for my child as well. I suppose it is just difficult being the ones to go against the norm. There is so much criticism out there for people like us. People usually think I am some sort of hippie who is trying to be "cool" by going against the grain or think that I am some sort of conspiracy theorist who believes all Dr.'s are trying to reduce the worlds population. I do not believe all Dr.s who advocate vaccines have ill intentions. I do however believe that the CDC as a whole is more concerned with what makes money than what is actually effective and safe medical practice and most Dr.'s just trust what they learn in med. school and do not do any research beyond that. Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent, just wondering if any share the same opinion?eyesroll.gif It is good to have communication with other like-minded parents
 

livysmom is offline  
#11 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
 
ola13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livysmom View Post

 Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent, just wondering if any share the same opinion?eyesroll.gif It is good to have communication with other like-minded parents
 

 

 

This is good for me too. I have been through this since my kids were born and don't have too many friends that support me in this decision. See, there is a lot of doctors that are against vaccinations. Some will come out and speak out, others won't for fear of personal attacks...but hopefully that will change. I don't blame doctors either. I think they are victims of the system. I will not judge their intentions. But, we know that when it comes to coorporations it is not about health, otherwise there would be no gmo's, formula would be only by prescription when really needed, there would be no factory farming, pesticides in our food, consumerism and the list goes on..and once again people will be very adamant about those issues mentioned above, but when it comes to vaccines their opinion changes. :(

Dr. Mercola was the first doctor i came across when my first DS was born. But you know he is a quack :) and so is every doctor that opposes the system. You can also find Dr. palevsky's lectures on Dr. Mercola's site. 

livysmom likes this.
ola13 is offline  
#12 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 07:43 PM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)

Hey there fellow Ontarioite (Ontarionian?)   Lots of people do not vaccinate, or do not vaccinate fully.  Some keep pretty mum about it unless they know there are in similar company.  


There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

kathymuggle is online now  
#13 of 66 Old 05-25-2013, 08:52 PM
 
livysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ola13, thank you for the info. I have already watched one of Dr. Palevsky's videos on youtube on the topic of vaccine ingredients.  I was already aware of most of these ingredients but it is good to hear a Dr. admit to it and speak about it. Very good! It just upsets me at times that something that is so clearly bad is being promoted and condoned by the majority. I mean the ingredients in vaccines alone should be enough to make parents say "NO WAY!". and the ingredient list of vaccines are fact not opinion. Who would knowingly and willfully have their child injected with poisons such as mercury, formaldehyde and aluminum (to name only a few). So what if it is only minute amounts?! is there really such a thing as a "safe" amount of poison to inject your tiny baby or child with?!
 

livysmom is offline  
#14 of 66 Old 05-26-2013, 07:23 PM
 
Kamiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

join the club! biggrinbounce.gif

 

 

 

there was a recent post in the "mindful" section that questions that use of words-I feel mindful is definitely not the correct term to be using if you vaccinate 


The opposite of 'mindful' is mindless, mindlessly...I would never Assume that any one on any of these boards who is researching vaccinations ---Regardless of the destination they arrive at --- does so mindlessly.
 

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

sewmachine.gifknit.gifrainbow1284.gifDaughter of Him, Wife and Mother to them partners.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif,  

heartbeat.gifOne more on the way Fall 2013 pos.gif

 

Kamiro is offline  
#15 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 AM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiro View Post


The opposite of 'mindful' is mindless, mindlessly...I would never Assume that any one on any of these boards who is researching vaccinations ---Regardless of the destination they arrive at --- does so mindlessly.
 

No - but you are not really allowed to say anything against vaccination on the mindful vaccination board - which makes it a bit of a misnomer.  You cannot mindfully vaccinate if you will not look at an opposing POV.

 

The opposite could hold here - if this board were called mindfully not vaccinating, I would expect a little questionning of vaccines to be allowed.  

 

I would prefer it if both boards were called "mindfully vaxxing and mindfully not vaxxing"  (although that would open the door to a few posts that were a bit challenging) or just "I am vaxxing and I'm Not Vaxxing".  Wording, eh?

 

OT over…..

BeckyBird, Kamiro and Jennyanydots like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

kathymuggle is online now  
#16 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
 
ola13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you everyone for your support and comments. In the end we always have to respect other people's decisions. As long as they don't blame us for the outbreaks.  That is what I am a bit afraid of. That they will force vaccination based on "herd immunity", for the greater good of the society.

I like what Dr. Lawrence Palevsky's response was to a recent article about making vaccines mandatory because our kids are putting others at risk.

 

Dr. palevsky’s comment about outbreaks

 

 

 

Quote:
Any time there is a report of a cluster of children who come down with an infectious disease against which we have a vaccine, never will you see the pro-vaccine camp entertain the possibility that, 1) the vaccine failed, 2) the micro-organism may have mutated and the vaccine is no longer effective, 3) there was a large enough percentage of vaccinated children to support herd immunity so an outbreak should not have happened and does not make sense (maybe the concept of herd immunity does not make sense, either), 4) the unvaccinated children may have had nothing to do with the outbreak,

 

Moderator's Note: edited to adhere to copyright regulation.  You can find the rest of this response at http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Dr-Palevsky-s-MAY-Newsletter-is-here---.html?soid=1102537836062&aid=ir7R3PIybwc

 

ola13 is offline  
#17 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 AM
 
Kamiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

No - but you are not really allowed to say anything against vaccination on the mindful vaccination board - which makes it a bit of a misnomer.  You cannot mindfully vaccinate if you will not look at an opposing POV.

 

The opposite could hold here - if this board were called mindfully not vaccinating, I would expect a little questionning of vaccines to be allowed.  

 

I would prefer it if both boards were called "mindfully vaxxing and mindfully not vaxxing"  (although that would open the door to a few posts that were a bit challenging) or just "I am vaxxing and I'm Not Vaxxing".  Wording, eh?

 

OT over…..


I can see your point. Might be worth bringing up to one of the site admins as a suggestion.

applejuice likes this.

sewmachine.gifknit.gifrainbow1284.gifDaughter of Him, Wife and Mother to them partners.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif,  

heartbeat.gifOne more on the way Fall 2013 pos.gif

 

Kamiro is offline  
#18 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 AM
 
Kamiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ola13 View Post

Thank you everyone for your support and comments. In the end we always have to respect other people's decisions. As long as they don't blame us for the outbreaks.  That is what I am a bit afraid of. That they will force vaccination based on "herd immunity", for the greater good of the society.

I like what Dr. Lawrence Palevsky's response was to a recent article about making vaccines mandatory because our kids are putting others at risk.

 

Dr. palevsky’s comment about outbreaks

 Any time there is a report of a cluster of children who come down with an infectious disease against which we have a vaccine, never will you see the pro-vaccine camp entertain the possibility that, 1) the vaccine failed, 2) the micro-organism may have mutated and the vaccine is no longer effective, 3) there was a large enough percentage of vaccinated children to support herd immunity so an outbreak should not have happened and does not make sense (maybe the concept of herd immunity does not make sense, either), 4) the unvaccinated children may have had nothing to do with the outbreak, and 5) there are scientific explanations, and other conditions at play that have nothing to do with children's vaccination status, that could shed light on why infectious diseases occur.

I think being blamed when things go wrong is part of the whole 'going against the mainstream'.  There have been births that have ended tragically, and because the location was home or a birthing center - automatically the blame is incompetent midwives or the parents' choice of location. When births go tragically in a hospital blame is placed on the Eternal or nature, very rarely is it assumed to have been incompetent doctors or the parents' choice of location.

Persecution and prosecution for making these (hard) decisions is becoming more of an accepted response to those daring to go against the mainstream.

I am going to read up on this doctor. Thanks for sharing links.

applejuice likes this.

sewmachine.gifknit.gifrainbow1284.gifDaughter of Him, Wife and Mother to them partners.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif,  

heartbeat.gifOne more on the way Fall 2013 pos.gif

 

Kamiro is offline  
#19 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 10:50 AM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,259
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiro View Post


The opposite of 'mindful' is mindless, mindlessly...I would never Assume that any one on any of these boards who is researching vaccinations ---Regardless of the destination they arrive at --- does so mindlessly.
 

exactly my problem with the word! it insults those who do not vaccinate irked.gif it is an opposite section and using the word misrepresents all of us on this side

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

No - but you are not really allowed to say anything against vaccination on the mindful vaccination board - which makes it a bit of a misnomer.  You cannot mindfully vaccinate if you will not look at an opposing POV.

 

The opposite could hold here - if this board were called mindfully not vaccinating, I would expect a little questionning of vaccines to be allowed.  

 

I would prefer it if both boards were called "mindfully vaxxing and mindfully not vaxxing"  (although that would open the door to a few posts that were a bit challenging) or just "I am vaxxing and I'm Not Vaxxing".  Wording, eh?

 

OT over…..

applejuice likes this.

 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
#20 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 10:51 AM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,259
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiro View Post


I can see your point. Might be worth bringing up to one of the site admins as a suggestion.

you need to do some reading!!! eyesroll.gif it has! and this is what we now have-uh!


 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
#21 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 01:34 PM
 
minerva23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: down by the riverside
Posts: 473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livysmom View Post

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I have decided on no vaccines for my daughter (now 5 mos. old) and I have put a lot of time and research into this issue. It is very upsetting to have someone who has done no research at all tell you that you are endangering your child or that you are crazy. At first I was going to do an alternative vaccine schedule that a naturopath had made for my daughter because even I, at one point, felt that no vaccines seemed scary and wrong. I never immediately dismissed all vaccines but researched each one individually and realized that none of them, in my opinion, seem to have more benefit than risk. So why is it that at times I find myself consumed with the fear of my child getting sick with one of the "vaccine preventable" diseases? Maybe it is because I have the fear that I will be blamed for it. Or maybe it is because society has engrained it into our brains that vaccines are a necessity to life. I even at times re visit my decision to not vax at all but always come back to the same conclusion: to vax is dangerous and the chance of my child catching and suffering a severe consequence from one of these diseases is far more minute than the chance of adverse vaccine reaction. Does anyone else share these fears and thoughts? I guess what it boils down to is I am stumped at how the majority of parents still vax, and most Dr.s till srecommend vaxing with all the information that is out there today!


I totally agree with you.

 

In the last couple of years I noticed that every year there was one vaccine that was pushed through the media scaring people into getting vaccinated for that very VPD. 2013 it is measles I noticed. So when I had my first child I was doing an extensive amount of research and the more I read and talked to other parents and so on the more I realised that I would delay all vaccinations until my DD1 was at least 1 year old. By that time I had read even more and then decided to not vaccinate at all. I have not regretted this decision. I am still doing a lot of research occasionally. I avoid bringing up the topic in conversation but when asked I honestly reply. Most parents I have met and who don't vax are very reluctant to give out information. The vaccine topic has become somewhat of a religious war. It is very scary to me and I wish it would just go away by itself. Seeing that individuals rights are being taken away by the state, undermined by health care professionals and being scared to death about VPDs through the media imperium just leaves me stunned with disbelief. What will be next? I try not to think about it too much but I have to admit that it just creeps into my mind on a daily basis. All those what ifs and how to prevent. So far homeopathy and herbal remedies have found a solid place in our lives. So glad to have found MDC and so many like-minded people/ mothers.

solstices likes this.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

minerva23 is offline  
#22 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 02:40 PM
 
Chloebelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am definitely alone among my peers regarding vaccines, but for the most part, I don't feel alienated or stressed about it. No one really knows about my vaccine choices except for family and a few friends. I simply don't talk about it.

 

What I see in mainstream media about non-vaxers really annoys me, so I avoid reading it. SO misinformed and deliberate in their intent to vilify non-vaxers-it makes me sick.

Marnica likes this.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
Chloebelle is offline  
#23 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 04:38 PM
 
Kamiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

you need to do some reading!!! eyesroll.gif it has! and this is what we now have-uh!


Ok, first of all - RE this: eyesroll.gif

You don't need to be rude to me.

You could have said that without the eye roll and duh at the end. Understand?

 

I'm just a mama volunteer here trying to help out because I find that this is one of the last places to have natural family living discussions and AP style chats. I try not to be a pain to any one, and I don't expect any one to be a pain to me.

I'm not all up on the vaccine semantic wars here because - quite frankly - I don't have time to delve in to as deeply as some.

 

I made my decision long before I even had kids.

The flagged posts is quite enough meandering in the vax section for me, most of the time.

 

So, suggest it to an admin and if they don't listen than they must have a reason. Does little to help your cause to show juvenile behavior to people who are trying to offer help, even if the suggestion HAS been suggested before, or a question asked 100 times before.


sewmachine.gifknit.gifrainbow1284.gifDaughter of Him, Wife and Mother to them partners.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif,  

heartbeat.gifOne more on the way Fall 2013 pos.gif

 

Kamiro is offline  
#24 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 04:57 PM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,259
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiro View Post


Ok, first of all - RE this: eyesroll.gif

You don't need to be a snot to me.

You could have said that without the eye roll and duh at the end. Understand? I'm just a mama volunteer here trying to help out because I find that this is one of the last places to have natural family living discussions and AP style chats. I try not to be a pain to any one, and I don't expect any one to be a pain to me.

I'm not all up on the vaccine semantic wars here because - quite frankly - I don't have time to delve in to as deeply as some. I made my decision long before I even had kids.

The flagged posts is quite enough meandering in the vax section for me, most of the time.

 

So, suggest it to an admin and if they don't listen than they must have a reason. Does little to help your cause to show juvenile behavior to people who are trying to offer help, even if the suggestion HAS been suggested before, or a question asked 100 times before.

well you certainly did not take what I meant at all in the correct way

 

That is not at all how I meant it- we (on the other side) have had to deal with this for a long time and it was clearly meant at our numerous frustrations (I see eye rolls quite appropriate here!) with how we are referred to and how we are sectioned off- (thus the meaning of the wording mindful and having to post in this section, the rules spelled out as to post regulations), not at all directed as a personal towards you - you need to do some reading is clearly meant to understand why this section had to come about and all that is involved here - that's not negative towards you, it's negative as in how we are viewed on this side - as it was stated we are the opposite of mindful by wording and that IMO well deserves eyesroll.gif


 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
#25 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
 
Kamiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

well you certainly did not take what I meant at all in the correct way

 

That is not at all how I meant it- we (on the other side) have had to deal with this for a long time and it was clearly meant at our numerous frustrations (I see eye rolls quite appropriate here!) with how we are referred to and how we are sectioned off- (thus the meaning of the wording mindful and having to post in this section, the rules spelled out as to post regulations), not at all directed as a personal towards you - you need to do some reading is clearly meant to understand why this section had to come about and all that is involved here - that's not negative towards you, it's negative as in how we are viewed on this side - as it was stated we are the opposite of mindful by wording and that IMO well deserves eyesroll.gif


Oh alright, Serenbat. My apologies then for assuming the worst, I hope you will accept it.

I get where you are coming from now. I am trying to learn about the politics with out getting involved in the politics (if that makes sense) and assumed the eye roll and duh were meant for myself.

No worries and thank you very much for explaining. smile.gif


sewmachine.gifknit.gifrainbow1284.gifDaughter of Him, Wife and Mother to them partners.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif,  

heartbeat.gifOne more on the way Fall 2013 pos.gif

 

Kamiro is offline  
#26 of 66 Old 05-27-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
ola13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chloebelle, where in Canada do you live?

ola13 is offline  
#27 of 66 Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livysmom View Post

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I have decided on no vaccines for my daughter (now 5 mos. old) and I have put a lot of time and research into this issue. It is very upsetting to have someone who has done no research at all tell you that you are endangering your child or that you are crazy. At first I was going to do an alternative vaccine schedule that a naturopath had made for my daughter because even I, at one point, felt that no vaccines seemed scary and wrong. I never immediately dismissed all vaccines but researched each one individually and realized that none of them, in my opinion, seem to have more benefit than risk. So why is it that at times I find myself consumed with the fear of my child getting sick with one of the "vaccine preventable" diseases? Maybe it is because I have the fear that I will be blamed for it. Or maybe it is because society has engrained it into our brains that vaccines are a necessity to life. I even at times re visit my decision to not vax at all but always come back to the same conclusion: to vax is dangerous and the chance of my child catching and suffering a severe consequence from one of these diseases is far more minute than the chance of adverse vaccine reaction. Does anyone else share these fears and thoughts? I guess what it boils down to is I am stumped at how the majority of parents still vax, and most Dr.s till srecommend vaxing with all the information that is out there today!

This - exactly!!


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#28 of 66 Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM
 
Chloebelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ola13 View Post

Chloebelle, where in Canada do you live?

 

BC!


Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
Chloebelle is offline  
#29 of 66 Old 05-28-2013, 01:07 PM
 
ultrafighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: the greater Dallas, Texas area
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livysmom View Post

I do however believe that the CDC as a whole is more concerned with what makes money than what is actually effective and safe medical practice

 

yeahthat.gif  and the FDA....

BeckyBird likes this.

wife to an AMAZING dude and mommy to an awesome 9 month old boy
ultrafighter is online now  
#30 of 66 Old 05-28-2013, 05:45 PM
 
bunny627's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You're far from alone.  I don't have little ones yet but I have already done the research and know enough to stop getting vaccinated myself AND to not allow my future kids to be injected with such nonsense and poison.  And I know how you feel.  It upsets me when people back vaccines and they have done NO research whatsoever.  I mean, if they did the research and still decided to vax, I'd still feel slightly better that they actually knew what they were doing.  It is very upsetting.  But there are plenty of people who agree with people like you and I, don't worry!

ola13 likes this.
bunny627 is offline  
Reply

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off