Pro-vax trolls are impersonating disease-injured families on comment boards - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://therefusers.com/refusers-newsroom/pro-vax-trolls-are-impersonating-disease-injured-families-on-comment-boards/#.UaN0HZxYRZ

Quote:

Message boards on the virulently pro-vax web site ORAC Respectful Insolence (Gorski) advocate fraudulently impersonating disease-injured families and insane people on the comment sections of vaccine injury and vaccine freedom websites such as Age of Autism, Mothering Magazine and Amazon.

These pro-vax maniacs’ purpose in life is to discredit anything that casts doubt on vaccines, which is their pseudo-scientific religion.

The next time you see comments saying: ‘My unvaccinated child has autism’ or My immune-compromised child can’t take vaccines – it is your duty to immunize your child so my child doesn’t get sick’ or ‘My sister got measles and died’  etc. – please be aware that these may be totally fabricated lies concocted by vaccine fanatics to intimidate and discredit vaccine freedom and awareness websites and facebook pages.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing. 

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Disgusting. Um, who is the real wacko lol?

Quote:
clog up the sites with it until it appears that a large fraction of the members are downright wacko. This will seriously turn off undecideds who check out those sites.

Quote:
The way to fight it is by sabotaging the anti-vaxers with crazy stuff that drives away undecideds. The way to fight it is with emotional narratives that undermine the ones that the anti-vaxers are pushing.

We experienced this right here at MDC, which is one of the reasons why the Vaccinating section was reconfigured. I remember some members brought this to the attention of the forum, and were then reprimanded for doing so. Apparently, it is ok to engage in obvious Orac-behavior, but not ok to point it out.  ?

The boards are calm, for now.  Once Orac commands then next wave, be ready for his followers to flood the boards again.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 05-29-2013, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

How does one get to the point where the become so emotionally involved the health care choices of other people? Health care choices which should have almost no bearing on their own lives. I mean vaccines work relatively well right? They've erradicated diseases and almost always confer immunity, isn't that what we've been told? So it is a reasonable assumption that if you vaccinate yourself and your own children, then me and mine are of almost no consequence to you and yours. After all, aren't we told that our children are being protected by theirs through herd immunity, so that even my fully unvaccinated are at very little risk of catching and passing on the diseases they are worried about.

Or they just afraid of their emperor being caught naked?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
They will reply that vaccines don't alway work, so almost everybody should be forced to use them. They will also say that everyone should be forced to use them to protect the immunocompromised. Both arguments are based on twisted "logic."

First, if pharmaceutical product isn't working, we should be demanding a better product, not forcing a crappy product on even more people. If we do the latter, what incentive will manufacturers have to develop a better product? Development, patenting, and approval-seeking require time and money. Also, by developing a better vaccine, the "herd immunity" threshold would be lower, so fewer people would have to buy the product, resulting in lower profits. Make a crappy product with low effectiveness, and they can justify forcing the product on more and more people even to the point of taking informed consent rights away.

Second, most diseases are not vaccine-targeted, so the immunocompromised will always need to take common-sense precautions regardless of everybody's vax status. Everyone around them could be CDC-compliant, and nothing would change about their lifestyle or the precautions they should take.

At any rate, the fanaticism of these individuals in question is scary. But I'll fight five times as hard for my rights as they do to take them away.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Old 05-29-2013, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Would it be worth it to make that info a sticky somehow so the "undecideds" have a fair shot at discerning that type if situation...

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
Old 06-02-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LilChunklins View Post

Would it be worth it to make that info a sticky somehow so the "undecideds" have a fair shot at discerning that type if situation...

I will see if that is possible. smile.gif Of course, I do have an unvax child with autism so you may want to be a wee bit suspicious of my offer to help...crap.gif lol

Quote:
The next time you see comments saying: ‘My unvaccinated child has autism..."

sewmachine.gifknit.gifrainbow1284.gifDaughter of Him, Wife and Mother to them partners.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif,  

heartbeat.gifOne more on the way Fall 2013 pos.gif

Old 06-03-2013, 03:24 AM

Some people seem to need to have everyone do what they do. I saw it when my son was young with other subjects, like breast versus bottle feeding, and co versus crib sleeping. It's weird, to me. I don't need them to make the same choices that I do to feel secure in my decision, but they seemed to need me to tell them that they were right and I was wrong. It didn't happen, so they got more and more upset.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:06 PM

And it is happening here on the other issues, too!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Sooooo, I have to say that it FEELS like they are back trying old and new tactics.

Its interesting......

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssun5 View Post

Sooooo, I have to say that it FEELS like they are back trying old and new tactics.

Its interesting......

i concur..the very same thought popped into my mind  a couple days ago

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List