County Immunization study? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-30-2013, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone else in the US had the county Board of Health do an immunization study? I just got a form in the mail requesting that I send in information on my child's immunization records. They say she was randomly selected from birth certificate files. Hmmm  Anyhow it isn't mandatory I send it in so I'm not, but found it quite odd. The letter starts out " We at the Georgia Immunization Program know that you, as a parent, are concerned about the health of your child. That is why we are asking for a few minutes of your time to help us learn how many 2 year olds in Georgia have the shots necessary to protect them from fourteen vaccine preventable diseases... The information we collect will only be used for this study and no names will be reported to anyone" Yeah right. What a bunch of BS. For one thing, yes I am concerned about the health of my child, but more concerned about the lack of studies on vaccine safety than the actual disease they prevent. Its a shame that you can't trust the system. I guess I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist otherwise I would be glad to submit it along with all of her other stellar health records to show how healthy an unvaxed child can be compared to her peers who have had every shot available. 

applejuice likes this.
#2 of 4 Old 05-30-2013, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
That seems very odd, as they can find this information out from the insurance companies who pay for the well-child/vaccine visits.

At our last pedi visit, I was told I needed to sign some forms. One of them turned out to be a form authorizing the office to release records--including vax records--to our school district, supposedly for MY convenience (yeah, right). And it contained a disclaimer, that the school could release the info elsewhere, and the pedi office could not be held liable.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 05-30-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well we have insurance that is filed every time we go even though my ped. is out of network, but i don't recall signing a form like that. I have only signed a paper saying that my doc has discussed vaccines. Crazy

applejuice likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 05-31-2013, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Never heard of anything like that before. Really weird, I wouldn't be filling it out either...
applejuice likes this.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page