Preventing Whooping Cough in Newborn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-10-2013, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey there! I am having DS2 in September right as DS1 enters preschool. The preschool he attends is generally unvaxxed kids and I live in an area where whooping cough comes around every year. Is there anything I can do homeopathically or otherwise for DS2 to help prevent him from getting it? It is highly unlikely but I actually did have the thought of keeping DS1 out of school until DS2 is past six months. But that seemed a little over reactive...

I actually feel like I may have had it this year earlier in my pregnancy! I had the worst cough that lasted a long time, and my son got all the symptoms except the extreme cough (it was mild). I believe I also had it when I was in my twenties, if it's even possible to have it more than once.

Of course I will be BFing DS2 exclusively for six months and then for however long he desires. :-)

TIA!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#2 of 3 Old 06-10-2013, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is just a suggestion of what I use around my home for disinfection & the like - sanitizer etc. I make my own blend of 'thieves oil' which is a blend of rosemary, cloves, cinnamon, eucalyptus, lemon and orange essential oils.

For general use on counters and air purifying and spraying on clothing I put a bunch of drops (atleast 50) in a blend of 3/4 water and 1/4 rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.

You could put some (very diluted in olive oil or any other carrier oil) on your son on his chest or in a bottle for quick hand sanitizing before he goes to school, though I really suggest testing first to make sure he is not allergic to anything.

Here is some info on it: http://www.secretofthieves.com/

Perhaps the teacher would not be shy about running a diffuser with this in it during class hours? You could always gift her/him a bottle and diffuser for a 'welcome to a new school year' gift.

You can make it much cheaper than buying the young's brand, btw.

Will it cure/prevent whooping cough? No guarantees - but its a healthy habit and way better than Lysol or other cleansers.

Also I am a huge fan of garlic and vit c.  Maybe get your son and yourself and every one taking garlic and vit c in large enough doses to make your bodies inhospitable to germs. I take about 2,000 garlic oil and 2-3,000 vit c a day. For my kids I have them take 1,000 garlic, and 1,000 vit c.

Just some things you can try. :)

Best of luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby moon!

sewmachine.gifknit.gifrainbow1284.gifDaughter of Him, Wife and Mother to them partners.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif,  

heartbeat.gifOne more on the way Fall 2013 pos.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you so much, Kamiro. This is very helpful and I will bring it up to his preschool teacher!!
Kamiro likes this.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page