SoCal vaccination rules for schools, preschools, etc? New Mom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

We just had our first baby, and I don't think we will vaccinate, because I had an adverse reaction to a vaccine about 5 years ago. I was wondering what the rules (and laws) are like for schools in California. Both for pre-K/nursery schools at places like a local church, then also for public schools (Los Angeles) and private schools. We aren't sure where in LA we will be living when he starts Kindergarten, or if we will do public or private (Catholic/Christian schools, etc), so I don't have any schools in mind. Just wondering if our decision to not vaccinate will be an issue with any of those. And is it easy to get around, or will we have to choose our school based on the fact that certain schools won't let us in?

Thank you!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

CA state vaccine requirements

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 4 Old 06-14-2013, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/pubsforms/forms/CtrldForms/pm286b.pdf

this is the printable form and the instructions

#4 of 4 Old 06-15-2013, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

The vaccine exemption law in California applies equally to childcare, preschools, and elementary through high school. It is the same for both public and private schools.

My advice is that if you are in a situation where the childcare or school has the legal right to not accept your child for various reasons (such as a private school), do not inform them of the exemption status until your child has been officially accepted into the school. That way, they cannot illegally refuse your child because of the exemption, and claim it was for some other reason.

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page