Just moved to Maryland, need a no vax friendly doctor! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-26-2013, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We moved to Maryland last month (hubby is military) and I'm looking for a no vax friendly doctor for our two kids (hopefully someone near Annapolis--although I'm willing to drive if need be and out of pocket costs are not an issue). The ped on base is harassing us on the vaccine issue and my patience is about gone!

Our youngest will require surgery to fix a heart defect in the next few years and, because of this, I need to at least have her listed as a patient for well baby visits to check that box. (She'll have a cardiologist soon, as assigned by Tricare.)

I feel out of my league since moving to MD and had no idea it would be such a struggle to be semi-crunchy attachment parents here. Maybe I just haven't found the right friends yet?

Any help or point in the right direction is very much appreciated!!
#2 of 6 Old 06-26-2013, 11:25 AM

Sorry, I don't have an exact answer for you. Maryland is a funky place because ther are A LOT of crunchy - semi-crunchy people here but there are also A LOT of regulations. I hope someone can help you.
#3 of 6 Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 PM

Hi, this is an old enough post that maybe you've found someone- our Dr was in Columbia when d d was a baby - Dr Beams. She would be kind of far for you, but doesn't hassle about vaccines. I wish I still lived close enough to go to her!
#4 of 6 Old 09-11-2013, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

We did find a ped for the time being, although I have a feeling we'll need to switch before we move away from MD in a few years.

I had heard good things about Dr. Beams; but, after receiving PMs from several people, I learned that she is pro-vax and will push for children to receive them at some point (by school age according to the moms). For a delayed vaxing family, seems like she'd be great.

Still looking for crunchy, holistic friends. smile.gif
#5 of 6 Old 09-11-2013, 02:04 PM

Ah, we only saw her until 8 months, I didn't think about how things might change as time went on. Glad you were able to find someone for now.
#6 of 6 Old 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM

Dr. Marianne Rothschild in Mount Airy, MD (about 1 hr drive from Annapolis.) link http://www.gaiahealing.com/HTML/stewards.htm

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page