Northern Colorado Parents - Meeting in Fort Collins Next Week on Personal Exemptions!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I just got wind of this and it is already full. Is anyone from here going?

http://www.chec.org/blog/personal-vaccine-exemptions-coming-under-fire-in-2014-attend-july-11th-mtg-in-ft-collins-to-find-out-more/

#2 of 9 Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Just look at how the ad from the health department is passive aggressively trying to rile up parents to give up their own informed consent rights. Colorado health department officials definitely have it in for parents who question them. Didn't they put together some inflammatory form for exempting parents a couple of years ago?

Not to alarm you, but I'd get ready to pray over your armor and go to battle. Informed consent in your state may be on the chopping block. Consider meeting in person with your legislators to voice your concerns. Did you notice that you can also submit comments if you can't make it to the meeting?

The bad news is that the meeting will probably have representation from Voices for (Forced) Vaccines. The good news is that there will probably be representation from NVIC. joy.gif

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#3 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

wish i could get out there sooner angry.gif

my son is finishing his last year of high school out there, and i don't need any problems at this point with exemptions...never had a problem in the last K-11, here in Ct...

does anyone know, if i get an exemption form ahead of time, along with his updated physical form signed by his dr while still in CT, if that will be valid in Co?  Or does he HAVE to have a Co dr sign the form?

#4 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Emmy, I haven't had a chance to look real close yet, but as far as I know until we get legislation passed that says otherwise you should still be able to get a personal exemption. I don't know about the medical exemptions, I would hope any doctor could sign it for you but not sure.

Turquesa, thanks for responding. It does look like the info was passed on by NVIC so hopefully they are keeping a watch on what all is going down. Under the fb posting I got this from someone else said they had already had one in Boulder a couple of weeks ago but she didn't give details. I am in contact on fb with one of our state senators. He is not in my district but when the hpv stuff came up several years ago he was the only one who bothered to respond to me, so I will definitely be knocking on his door again if we get word of any legislation.

I am not exactly sure how to voice my concerns on this one. If I bring up the medical issues my husband has had, then they'll probably just say I should get a medical exemption but I am not sure we qualify for one since my kids have never been vaxxed and thus haven't reacted. I could probably get one for one child who has a known blood-tested allergy to an ingredient found in several of them. Religious exemption - not sure how that works either but I believe our pastor would sign off on it as he himself does not vaxx his own kids. We also homeschool and our info only goes to our umbrella school so I don't think they'd be too pushy about it, but frankly if it came down to it, we would leave the state before we would vaxx. So I guess right now, while we have the chance, we fight. Ugh.

#5 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Sigh, I had a feeling this would be coming done the pike for us in CO. 

Emmy, I think you would have to have a CO exemption form for school. 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#6 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Sigh, I had a feeling this would be coming done the pike for us in CO. 

Emmy, I think you would have to have a CO exemption form for school. 

if i can print one off, and have the dr here sign his health form while we are still in ct, then bring all that paperwork to Co, will it be accepted by the school?  He won't have a dr out there yet, and he is so healthy, he may not need one til next year.  If even then....

#7 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Fruitfulmomma, I'm not positive, but I *believe* that the Boulder meeting was cancelled. (I'm not in CO but Iwas trying to get a friend to go). It probably occurred to Them that in Boulder, there would be too much representation from exempting parents. lol.gif

Are you and Mirzam signed up for the NVIC Advocacy Portal? https://nvicadvocacy.org

They should be sending out regular notices, especially if more meetings like this come up.
fruitfulmomma likes this.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#8 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

if i can print one off, and have the dr here sign his health form while we are still in ct, then bring all that paperwork to Co, will it be accepted by the school?  He won't have a dr out there yet, and he is so healthy, he may not need one til next year.  If even then....

I am sure that would work. 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#9 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

Fruitfulmomma, I'm not positive, but I *believe* that the Boulder meeting was cancelled. (I'm not in CO but Iwas trying to get a friend to go). It probably occurred to Them that in Boulder, there would be too much representation from exempting parents. lol.gif

Are you and Mirzam signed up for the NVIC Advocacy Portal? https://nvicadvocacy.org

They should be sending out regular notices, especially if more meetings like this come up.

I'm not but I will sign up.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page