Which titters to draw for non vaxed 10 yr old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-08-2013, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DDIs 10 and non vaxed. She's moving from an open minded private school to a public elementary school this fall. I handed in our religious exemption letter with the enrollment paperwork, but in an effort to hedge my bets, I want to have titers drawn to show that she does have SOME immunities. Her immunologist ordered titers for measles, rubella, pertussis, and chickenpox(the latter 2 I know that she had in the past 3 yrs.) I would like to call and have other titers added to the orders if it is reasonable so we have a good representation of her immune status but I'm not sure which other immunization-related illnesses she might have developed an immunity to asymptomatically? I'd appreciate any quick thoughts (due to insurance changing with new job, need to get complete orders and schedule draw ASAP).
Thank you!

Wife to my DH Mama to my two girls  hearts.gif'03 and love.gif '06 and my sweet babyboy.gif 3-'10 I am blessed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)

mumps, maybe, if there is no extra blood draw.

Most of the others are quite rare and or dangerous.  You would have known if she had them. 

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 07-11-2013, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

I'd say do whatever you can to have them on hand - but don't offer them up to the school unless there's some sort of outbreak where they might normally exclude your child.  Especially with vaxes being not 100% they can't possibly ask you for proof without asking every other parent in the school to titer their kid to see if the vaccines have taken.

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List