Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2014, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

Paraphrasing Dr. Robert Mendelsohn from 25+ years ago:
Doctors do not care about people (like me) who do not follow their advice.

Doctors toss people like me out of their practice and send a CYA letter.

Doctors will never know if people like me are healthier than the ones who do follow their advice.
Therefore doctors do not know nor do doctors care about me.

And quite frankly, I would like them to keep their gloved hands off my clean body. I have survived this far without them, and do not need nor want anything to do with them.

Been there already with the pediatrician, and me? Haven't had a "PCP" in over...10 years now?  Just the ND, who doesn't accept insurance to avoid all the bs, but I love her to death and don't mind paying out of pocket for her advice - DH still needs a bit of convincing that just because we have insurance doesn't mean we need to see these crazy MD's to make use of it!  The less docs I see, the healthier I am, funny how that works.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The stats are nationwide 1% of kids have not been vaccinated 'on schedule" but only .3% have been completely unvaccinated.  I hope that answers your question, OP.  I have two .3%-ers myself.  My pediatrician is respectful and I personally have never met a IRL person who was not respectful of my choice.  I have "met" MANY online people who were antagonistic to a fault, but never IRL.  I don't hide their vax status but I don't tell people unless they ask or it comes up.  Like at ballet class some of the moms were talking about how their kids hate their doctors.  I said my kid loves her pediatrician and maybe they might want to change practices?  They asked "but what does she think after she gets a shot?"  I just replied "We don't do shots."  They said "Oh...That explains why she loves her doc."  And that was that.  It might just be my area though, as I see a rising anti-non-vaxxer sentiment all over the internet that grows each day.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List