Article bashing Jenny McCarthy as new View Host... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 07-15-2013, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
....because of her beliefs on vaccines. As a non vaxxer, I have to say, my views certainly aren't just based on the vax/autism controversy, but on the vaccine side effects controversy; autism is merely one spoke on the wheel
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/07/15/viruses-dont-care-about-your-view-why-abc-shouldnt-have-hired-jenny-mccarthy/
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 17 Old 07-15-2013, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That article was obnoxious! The comments are worse.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 17 Old 07-15-2013, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Both article and comments are written by fools.  THe usual blather about "doctors and scientists have come to the consensus that vaccines DON'T cause autism!" when doctors and science actually have NOT come to that consensus.

I wonder how those commenters would react if they knew that vaccines have caused thousands of cases of seizures leading to brain damage, as well as severe autoimmune disorders, paralysis, and death?

#4 of 17 Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I was just reading another incredibly rude article: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/jenny-mccarthy-joins--the-view--and-instantly-sparks-outrage-223044549.html

I for one am thrilled to see the media giving someone who isn't on the "majority opinion" the opportunity to have this job.  Even if she never talks about vaccines (let's be honest, there's probably something in her contract forbidding it!), it's a huge step for those of us who feel like we have to hide because we don't follow the leader.

kathymuggle likes this.
#5 of 17 Old 07-16-2013, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
#6 of 17 Old 07-16-2013, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was just arguing with someone about this on Facebook. I'm so sick of it. People are so ignorant. I'm too pregnant to deal with it.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#7 of 17 Old 07-16-2013, 06:19 PM

I, for one, can't help but wonder if she was hired as a puppet for the industry to blast nonvaxers, and using her is a good starting off point, quietly at first of course...sooner or later, it will be mass media hysteria at it's best.  I, for one, will be following this, as it is sure to fire up the controversy surrounding exemption issues relating to laws and changing those laws even more than now/disease rates of infection going up/nonvaxing spreading illness/even accusing parents of listening to her and not vaxing because of what she herself, had to say on the issue.  Yes, folks, sit back, and watch this debacle unfold before your eyes in the next few months, esp with school starting up, and the push for 'getting updated for school regs'.  

applejuice likes this.
#8 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 11:57 AM

#9 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 01:00 PM

Here's a break down of who is writing the articles!

http://www.autisminvestigated.com

applejuice likes this.
#10 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 02:39 PM

OMG, favorite quote from this article:

"This is my 40th year at my teaching hospital," Marcuse, the pediatrician specializing in public health and immunizations, wrote in an email. "Today's trainees can graduate without ever seeing measles, rubella, mumps or even chickenpox. I no longer give talks about bacterial meningitis or epiglottitis."

So basically BECAUSE no one talks about it/learns about it today, it has the illusion of being scary since they haven't the first clue what to do when they DO see it!  Way to take us 2 steps back in medical discoveries.  And they have to nerve to say we're clueless for what we choose to do.

#11 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Jenny McC has some amazing super powers. After all, she managed to convince me to not vaxx my kids more than 9 years before she started speaking out, before her son was even born. I mean, why else would anyone choose not to vaxx right? 

But seriously, she is nothing more than a scapegoat for their inability to sit down and have an actual conversation about the real issues with regards to vaxxes. It is far easier for them to blame the "blond bimbo" and accuse her of subverting the masses, then it is for them to own the fact that parents have serious concerns and want real answers. 

#12 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I also have to wonder how much of her writing these kind of ranters have actually read? She doesn't actually focus that much on vaccines. A five minute interview here and there is hardly the whole substance of her views.

#13 of 17 Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 AM

http://www.fiercevaccines.com/story/abcs-appointment-jenny-mccarthy-sparks-media-furor/2013-07-17

Quote:
Jenny McCarthy has arguably done more than anyone to mobilize the antivaccination campaign. McCarthy has spent the past 6 years promoting wholly discredited links between vaccines and autism, building a big following in the process. And now she has a daily TV show as a platform.

oh really?  i see it more of an opportunity for pharma to spread lies even more easily around.  Suddenly,  now everything vax related in the news is connected to Jenny....like i said earlier, sit back, and watch this debacle unfold before your eyes.

applejuice and rachelsmama like this.
#14 of 17 Old 07-18-2013, 10:53 AM

I also think it's pretty harsh that her child suffered from SOMETHING yet no one wants to pony up - they'd just assume bash her and criticize rather than offer help or insight.  Way to make someone's life - who's already been through a lot - that much more difficult always having to defend herself. No one in the pharm world ever defends themselves.  It's all bickering and attempts to discredit, no actual sharing of information.  I had a major rant about this on FB last night and got no responses, I think I scared people haha!

applejuice and Devaskyla like this.
#15 of 17 Old 07-24-2013, 11:51 AM

http://www.nvic.org/nvic-vaccine-news/july-2013/witch-hunting-jenny-mccarthy-for-vaccine-talking-aspx.aspx

Quote:

Reviewing 29 articles published in major print and broadcast media outlets  between July 9 and July 18, 20132  with 19 of them written by males, it became obvious that some of them are really upset about “blonde” girls expressing politically incorrect opinions about vaccine side effects, a topic that has become the biggest taboo talk in America. Several media outlets used her gender to take the first punch with headlines such as “Putting Jenny McCarthy on the View: Good Sex Over Bad Science”3 and “ View’ Host Jenny McCarthy’s Vaccine-Autism Claims: Beauty vs. Science.”4

applejuice likes this.
#16 of 17 Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)

Apparently the City of Toronto needed to get in on the act eyesroll.gif

Without ticking off individual Torontonians (many of whom I am sure are lovely people) there is a reason a lot of Canada thinks the government  of Toronto is filled with pompous, Toronto-centric windbags (did I just say that?)

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/07/22/jenny_mccarthy_in_the_crosshairs_toronto_public_health_takes_aim.html

and for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIcl2qX3Xao

(I can post it!!  I am Canadian winky.gif )

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#17 of 17 Old 07-26-2013, 04:12 AM

My position on the whole Jenny thing is that there is so much utter junk on tv right now and this is what people are getting all worked up about?  Why aren't Survivor and The Bachelor,  and oh I don't know...The View itself, causing people to be outraged that the public is being subjected to such mindless drivel?  America's Next Top Model Cycle 768672 gets a pass, but OMG Jenny McCarthy on The View is unacceptable.  I'd wager that the outright mindless programming on television right now harms the world more than Jenny does.

rachelsmama likes this.

caffix.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page