Visitors after unvax NB arrives - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-25-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all. To make a long story short my sil is planning a Dominican Republic destination wedding the week I'm due to give birth. My kiddos are/will be un vax. Should I be leery to allow my in laws, and whomever will be in D.R. for the wedding, to visit my NB DIRECTLY after this trip? (My husband and I obviously are not able to go). Am I being ultra sensitive about this (no doubt I'm super annoyed my sister in law is going forward with a dest. Wedding around my due date seeing as though she just began planning her wedding and I've been pregnant for a hot minute and she's aware of the circumstances)? I don't want to compromise my NBs health at all. My kid will be super new, days, week or so new! Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated! Thanks in advance!
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 4 Old 07-25-2013, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I don't think any of the diseases that newborns are typically vaccinated for are more prevalent in the Dominican Republic. So I don't think your newborn being vaccine-free has anything to do with it.

Personally, I would just take the normal precautions of a thorough hand washing before holding the baby, and not visiting the baby if they feel sick at all.

applejuice likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 07-26-2013, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

yeahthat.gif And anyone with "just a cold," or the slightest cold symptoms, tell them, sorry, but come back and visit when you're well.

applejuice likes this.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

#4 of 4 Old 07-26-2013, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You concern is totally understandable. I would take the normal newborn precautions: hand washing as soon as they come in the house and of corse before they hold baby, no sick people holding baby, ever, and definitely no kisses. I did this with my daughter until she was maybe 5 months....yeah I was crazy but she was never sick.
applejuice likes this.

Eri superhero.gif mom to our beautiful rainbow1284.gif DD (born 5/2012) and expecting our newest blessing stork-girl.gif (7/2014). I also happen to be married to THE best DH ever! partners.gif We're a proud Christian family!

heartbeat.gif " I carried you for nine months, and I'm going to carry you until you can carry yourself on your own." heartbeat.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page