Positive exerience at well check today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-09-2013, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Took my ds2 for his annual well check today.  He sees an ARNP in private practice.  No MD on premises, and she doesn't take insurance.  She advertises as "alternative vax schedule-friendly" and in the last year had begun to apprentice with an MD who is also a classical homeopath.

She complimented me for using raw milk and making bone broth and limiting empty calories for my almost-too-skinny boy and we talked a bit about how a local private school was being sued for refusing to accept a patient of hers with a religious exemption.

And get this: She has begun offering medical exemptions to kids who she truly believes are not safe to vax.  She is quite literally the only one I know of in maybe a 50 mi radius who will do this.  Even the ped who vaxed the living crap out of my friends (now severely delayed) 5yo refuses to acknowledge that it is unsafe to vax him further.  Our nurse won't do it for parents who really should be doing the religious exemption, only if there is a true medical reason.  I am so impressed by that!  And for parents who have a kiddo with a reaction history, but still want to vax, she lets them know she is unwilling to do it but instead refers them to an MD who is better equipped to handle any possible seizures or other reactions that may happen in-office.

As we were leaving, she told me something kind of funny...after advertising her vax-friendly status she gained a HUGE clientele of crunchy families...then after one visit she wouldn't see them again and began worrying that they didn't like her after all and went elsewhere.  It took her almost 2 years to realize that what was happening was that the vax-free kids just were never sick and so they only came in annually for well checks!  I had to assure her that we weren't going anywhere before ds's 18th bday and when we left I said "See you in a year!"

What a pleasant change, to actually be able to entrust my child to someone without fear of being reported to CPS for all my weirdo crunchy ways!  If you live in FL and want her name, PM me and I will pass it on!

emmy526 and BeckyBird like this.

Bring back the old MDC
#2 of 3 Old 09-09-2013, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

That is so wonderful! Nice to hear good news :)

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#3 of 3 Old 09-10-2013, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

That's great! I had to leave the MD and go to an ND to get someone to acknowledge that my daughter did in fact have vaccine reactions and food allergies/sensitivities!

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page