Im sick of the "anyone with a blog can put misinformatiom about vaccines out there" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-20-2013, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I get it. We shouldn't trust anyone with a blog. BUT I find that majority of the anti-vax blogs use factual data (such as citing the ingredients of vaccines from oh, you know, the freaking CDC!!!!!)... Just because I am not a doctor or someone who writes an article on anti-vax info isn't a doctor doesn't mean we are "spreading lies" or spreading misinformation!!! Arrrrrgh! This frustrates me SO much! I hate when people say this. Dr tenpenny, dr baylock, dr sears, just to name a few, are all doctors that have exposed the truth behind vaccines but people seem to forget that and blame the anti-vax "movement" on forums like this. God forbid like-minded moms share information! I think it just pisses off pro-vaxers because it completely goes against everything they have been brainwashed to believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-21-2013, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I really hate the "anti-vaxxers who get their information from the *internet*" line. Maybe the people who come up with this stuff have been too busy being disparaging to notice that most peer-reviewed science journals are available on. the. internet.

And, if you work in health or for a university, you can usually access it all for free through your organisation's library.

I guess that doesn't fit the picture they're trying to create though.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 5 Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)

:yeah  to both previous posts.

Welcome to MDC, thatcoolmom

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 5 Old 09-21-2013, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Well, I guess what I am really tired of hearing is that if you don't vax you basically don't know what you are doing because you are so misinformed from all the conspiracy theories that are floating around on the internet. When in fact I  get a lot of my information directly from the CDC, RKI etc. websites. You name it.

Another one that gets me upset when stating that we don't vax is: Oh, but Wakefield has been debunked! So now it is safe to vax or what?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#5 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Wakefield and McCarthy are scapegoats for the vaxx propaganda industry and you can pretty much assume that anyone who drags their names into the debate, thinking that that is the only issue, has no idea what they are talking about. 

We had been a no-vaxx family for many years before they came onto the scene and the mmr-autism connection has never been a primary concern for our family. I can't think of anyone I know for whom it was.

I actually charted the mmr rates before and after Evan McCarthy's diagnoses and there was only a very small drop in rates after, which may or may not be attributable to his mother's activism.

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page