OT (but vaccine relevant) retired govt GMO spokesman - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

This article is about GMOs, but this quote struck me as being totally applicable to the CDC and other goverment scientists that continue to parrot that vaccines and safe and effective. Just substitue vaccines for GMOs

Quote:

As a scientist working for the government, I didn’t question the status quo or dogma. I just did my work and was the person designated from the institute to reassure the public, so I was very busy. When I retired, my wife and I began an organic farm where I started to discover new things about soil biology never taught in graduate school. Not being on the payroll anymore, I had the freedom to read different sources and look at genetic engineering from new perspectives. That is how I first became aware of the possibility that GMOs were not all rosy and perfect.

http://commonground.ca/2013/10/dr-thierry-vrain-gmo-whistleblower/

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

:thumb Thanks for sharing. 

Old 10-07-2013, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)

Mirzam, what the heck is it going to take for people to see what's going on? I also linked to this same article on that conspiracy theorist thread. Did anybody read it? I don't think so.

Thank you for starting this thread. It is definitely related to the vaccine issue! I love how people say, "The GMO issue is not important to me--I don't know much about it--but I KNOW it's just a conspiracy theory". (because SkepticalRat says so, I guess)

Quote:
 Dr. Thierry Vrain, a former soil biologist and genetic scientist, worked for Agriculture Canada for 30 years. He was the designated spokesperson to assure the public of the safety of GMO crops. Since retiring 10 years ago, after taking into account scientific evidence ignored by most of the bio-tech industry promoters and government regulators, Dr. Vrain has reversed that position and now warns of the dangers from GMOs.

The entire article is worth a read. People who have already made up their minds will simply discount the information given by this whistleblower, and place him in the conspiracy theorist category. His interview challenges the current scientific consensus on the safety of GMOs, so that obviously means he's wrong, don't ya know!

Oh, and what about  the fact that the FDA leaves the safety studies up to the GMO companies? Essentially, you are trusting your health to Monsanto's own safety research. Strangely, this does not concern anybody?! headscratch.gif    I understand the need to trust in government, but now we are supposed to place our trust in multinational corporations too? The same corporations who buy and lead the FDA?  For the life of me, I really cannot understand why people don't care. This issue is actually something we can change through public awareness, yet it often feels like nobody is listening--or nobody wants to listen.

What is more important to your health than food and nutrition? Why is this not taken more seriously?

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 10-08-2013, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

Mirzam, what the heck is it going to take for people to see what's going on? I also linked to this same article on that conspiracy theorist thread. Did anybody read it? I don't think so.

Becky, I don't know.  I think that the subject is hard for the vocal pro-vaccine crowd to seriously look at because it will require them to examine the corruption in the system which is equally as relevant to vaccines as it is to GMOs. 

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 10-08-2013, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Becky, I don't know.  I think that the subject is hard for the vocal pro-vaccine crowd to seriously look at because it will require them to examine the corruption in the system which is equally as relevant to vaccines as it is to GMOs. 

I think there's a disturbingly large segment of the population that can't deal with the feelings of insecurity that go along with accepting that the government, and the corporations don't always do what they're supposed to.  And they deal with those feelings of insecurity by lashing out at anybody who points out any negligence, or incompetence, or corruption in the system.  So, instead of facing the fact that governments and corporations have irrevocably launched these organisms out into the ecosystems without doing as many safety studies as they should have, they choose to call anybody who points out the conflicts of interest a conspiracy theorist, and anybody who points out the gaping holes in the research anti-science.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

And the award goes to.....(drumroll)......

"Three distinguished scientists — Marc Van Montagu of Belgium, and Mary-Dell Chilton and Robert T. Fraley of the United States — will share the 2013 World Food Prize for their independent, individual breakthrough achievements in founding, developing, and applying modern agricultural biotechnology. Their research is making it possible for farmers to grow crops with: improved yields; resistance to insects and disease; and the ability to tolerate extreme variations in climate."

http://www.worldfoodprize.org/en/laureates/2013_laureates/

So the equivalent of a Noble Prize in the food industry is going to biotechnology giants and THIS is why people will continue to refuse to believe that the system could be, in any way, corrupt.  Again they reiterate the lie that GMO leads to improved crop yields. And again they claim disease/insect resistance when the numbers show that to be false and that they actually lead to mutations and pesticide resistance.  We continue to reward those with bad intentions and thus the problem remains.  Just like pharmaceutical companies shouting from the rooftop that vaccines are necessary and safe.

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List