are there people on here who did zero vaccinations for their kids ever? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

#61 of 86 Old 01-17-2014, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

My biggest concern right now is actually with hcp's who have received the pertussis vax, not because it is live (eta: the current vax is not live), but because it doesn't prevent transmission and can apperantly reduce symptoms enough that the person may not know they have it and will come to work with "just a little cough" and spread it. We have a member here whose daughter contracted it from her NICU nurse.

You nailed it right here for me.  I have another post regarding a friend (at the requirement of her pediatrician) requesting everyone to have a d-tap and flu vax a minimum of 2 weeks prior to visiting her newborn - none of her or the pediatricians request account for the exact reason you stated - a mild case that goes undetected yet spreads like wildfire.

applejuice and organicgrrl like this.
#62 of 86 Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all New here, I had vaxed my first child til he was 2, from there after he had low grade fevers till he was 3, lymph node cysts off and on and a major speech delay and sensitivities gluten intolerance ..However I did breast feed him off an on till he was 3 if that helped any.
He is ten now very healthy although had been diagnosed learning disabled from the second grade . He recently graduated from the iep program at school and seems he is catching up with his peers and he is never sick ever. I am so glad I had stopped the vaccines with him. Although wish I were informed from the start I would have not vaccinated him at all.
My second son who is 8 is not Vaccinated at all . . Nor does he have a learning disability like my partially vaxed 10 year old son . During all these years we would go out everywhere to public places that is full of germs , the Disney parks , my son even licking the side rails were millions have touched , flying in planes , you name it .
He has never had anything but a sniffle . I whip out lipsomal vitamin C , lots of lemon water and healthy foods. So glad to see others here doing the same , it's really a relief .
Mirzam and applejuice like this.
#63 of 86 Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 3 year old and 3 month old are vax free. I will say though that my 3 year old received antibiotics for the first week of her life as a precaution after I got a infection before delivery (her labs never showed signs of infection) and she has several food allergies and asthma that is triggered by viruses. I'm convinced that her troubles stem from those damn antibioics. I will regret not being more insistant with that ped foever think.
applejuice likes this.
#64 of 86 Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM

2/3 of mine have never had any vaccines at all. No health issues ever. My first born was vaxed per cdc and aap schedule until 12 months, and hasn't had any since.

applejuice likes this.

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#65 of 86 Old 02-01-2014, 01:27 PM

5 and 7 year old who had not had any vaccinations. They have also never been on antibiotics and are rarely sick. Just a cold every so often that is usually just the sniffles. Both have had chicken pox.

Not vaccinating was the best decision I've made for my kids. I believe it more every day. At first, I was very nervous and considered getting a few as they got older, but seeing how healthy they are, and as I learn more about vaccines, the more confident I have become.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#66 of 86 Old 02-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Welcome, Jossie, to mdc and the I Am Not Vaccinating Forums.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#67 of 86 Old 02-01-2014, 07:53 PM

applejuice likes this.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#68 of 86 Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 AM

I have 3 daughters who are 6, 10 and 11 none of them have received a single vaccine and all are very healthy.

None of them have ever been on an antibiotic, had an ear infection, strep, or any other infection.

The worst we ever had was the 6 year old spiked a temp when she was 15 or 16 months old which simply turned out to be how she reacted to teething.

We haven't even had a significant stomach bug.

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#69 of 86 Old 03-14-2014, 08:43 PM

#70 of 86 Old 03-15-2014, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burner View Post

Your'e first reply to a post here, and that's all you can say?  What's up?

applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.
#71 of 86 Old 03-15-2014, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

Your'e first reply to a post here, and that's all you can say?  What's up?

It was standard pro-vax "the only reason your kids are healthy is herd immunity" vitriol. 

Because, you know, everyone died of chicken pox before the vaccination existed.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#72 of 86 Old 03-20-2014, 03:04 AM

The flu, too. Our family hasn't seen a case of the flu in recent memory. Thanks, vaccinated population! We obviously owe it all to you and the less than 40% success rate of your flu shot! It has nothing to do the healthy diet, the immune boosting supplements, the breastfeeding...

Is that also why almost everyone I know who ends up with the flu WAS vaccinated too? Sorry - I'm just trying to figure out how this works. wink1.gif
applejuice likes this.

Happy mama to our sweet pea innocent.gif (08/25/13), loving wife to my brilliant gentleman geek.gif (09/10/11) and lucky stepmama to five grouphug.gif

Breastfeeding, babywearing, and promoting natural health one day at a time!

#73 of 86 Old 03-20-2014, 05:40 AM

Me- After my Son's both suffered damage from vaccine damage I chose not to vaccinate my daughter. She is nearly 13 now, has never been more than a little sick with a cold and is an amazing, quick, strong, healthy pre-teen.

applejuice likes this.

three radical teens DS jammin.gif18, DS REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif 14,hammer.gif​ DD 12. Expecting waterbirth.jpghomebirth.jpg DD#2 3rdtri.gifJune 23/2014. Madly and passionately in love with dp_malesling.GIF joy.gif
#74 of 86 Old 03-21-2014, 04:12 AM

I have a 2 and 4.5 yo. Neither are vaxed. My DD goes to Pre-K and daycare, DS goes to Daycare since 2 mos. Both are super healthy and heal rapidly if they get a cold. They are a bit spoiled in that their mama is a pediatric chiro too :) DD was BF until 2ish, DS self weaned at 1. No antibiotics for either. 

#75 of 86 Old 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM

My 3yo son has never had a vax, will be 4 in a few months. I haven't had a vaccine in at least 13 years, and baby #2 who is due in June won't have any at all, same as big bro. My son had an ear infection around 8mos, but he was formula fed (pumped exclusively after latch issues for 5mos but never enough to avoid formula), and we all had the flu for a couple days while on vacation in January, but honestly I think BF and I were worse off than our son. He's had maybe one cold per year too.
Compared to my niece & nephew who were BF and fully vaxxed, runny noses 24/7, chicken pox, flu, pneumonia, strep, coughs, etc....
I'm happy with our decision ;-)
applejuice likes this.
#76 of 86 Old 03-23-2014, 05:12 PM

My unvaccinated kids recently had the flu that was going around their school. I don't know if they've ever had one before, if they did, it was mild. This one was a fever (max 102) for a few days (that I didn't medicate in any way), headache, and loss of appetite for a few days. They were in good spirits and enjoyed napping on the couch and watching TV for a few days. Now, should I have pumped them up full of dangerous toxins to try and avoid that? I believe that if I did go the way of vaccines, this flu would have been much worse. I believe that the fact that I have kept their immune systems intact and let it do it's job, their bodies were much more capable of fighting this illness efficiently. I also believe that not medicating, and allowing the fever to do it's job is important. The medical community is leading us astray. They don't want us to be healthy, they want us dependent on them and their drugs. We are going against what our bodies are designed to do. Vaccines and medications like Advil and Tylenol are interfering with that and creating very serious, (and avoidable) chronic conditions. Wake up people!

applejuice likes this.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#77 of 86 Old 04-28-2014, 12:16 PM

No vaxing here either. My 11-year-old is as healthy as can be. Had chicken pox, but would love her to have lifelong immunity to measles as well. 

applejuice likes this.
#78 of 86 Old 04-29-2014, 09:39 AM

Ahhhh. I so needed this thread today! I'm usually a lurker on mothering forums but I think I'll be more active here now, because I am just so sick of the attitudes of militant pro-vaxers. Someone was really rude to me yesterday just because I had a problem with the nasty tone of a pro-vax graphic she posted. It's such a relief to read all your experiences. :)

My daughter has just turned one and she hasn't had any shots. I've never had a reason to regret that. She's had a short-term cold and bit of a cough (which I was afraid would turn into pertussis, so I researched about vitamin c treatments and whether it was pertussis or not, it helped tremendously), that's it, she's a particularly cheerful and rambunctious baby! I think in our part of the world not vaccinating is VERY rare - most people I speak to about it don't even know the vaxes are not compulsory. That's not their fault though, it's the wording of the NHS leaflets and doctor's letters. Unless there is an outbreak of a very serious vax-able disease smack bang in our area, or we travel somewhere extremely risky, my daughter won't be getting any vaccines. (I'm also very interested to hear about homeoprophylaxis, I'll be looking into that.)

applejuice, BeckyBird and Fhnyc like this.
#79 of 86 Old 05-02-2014, 06:08 AM

My 21 month old is vax free. She is very healthy.  I have a 16 y/o daughter that I had fully vaxxed and she has been sickly since she was little.  Constant ear infections severe allergies and gets colds/flu so very easily.  I find that kind of ironic.  

applejuice likes this.

carrot.gifVegetarian,saynovax.gifNon vaxxing homebirth.jpghome birthing mom to a teen and a tot with a little bean on the way!
#80 of 86 Old 05-07-2014, 10:46 AM

I have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old & both completely unvaccinated. 1st exclusivly BF till 6 months and 2nd one till 14 months. Due with #3 in August and she too will be unvaccinated. I have had such a bad time finding any doc that will tolerate let alone support my decision. We have battled the regular cold stuff. I will say my 2 year just now started getting sick, BF saved her from a lot of stuff. My 4 year old has gotten the regular stuff.... Colds, flu, ear infections, strep once and hand foot & mouth once. I'm okay with it all though. Just part of being a kid. Plus I trust her immunity will be built when she starts kindergarten and will not get sick near as much.
applejuice likes this.

joy.gifWife since Sept. 06, dishes.gif Stay at Home Mom to: dust.gifShelby Feb 2010 SILVER (.)(.), energy.gifKendall May 2012 GOLD (.)(.) & belly.gifBaby Girl #3 Due in August 2014
#81 of 86 Old 05-07-2014, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamo76 View Post

My 21 month old is vax free. She is very healthy.  I have a 16 y/o daughter that I had fully vaxxed and she has been sickly since she was little.  Constant ear infections severe allergies and gets colds/flu so very easily.  I find that kind of ironic.  

but she never had pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella, or diphtheria now, did she?  NOT!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#82 of 86 Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 AM

I have 4 healthy un vaxxed kids ages 18 mths -16 yrs old :)

applejuice likes this.

goorganic.jpg    namaste.gif    nocirc.gif  winner.jpg  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

#83 of 86 Old 06-25-2014, 07:01 PM

Of those that are vaxfree had any trouble with pediatricians or school? or not had trouble may be a better way to ask. We are looking to relocate and are curious as to what state/city would be less stressful with this issue. We have obviously researched which states allow which exemption but were curious to hear from people who have good experiences in certain areas. It would be great to live where you don't feel like you have to hide.
applejuice likes this.
#84 of 86 Old 06-26-2014, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Boulder County, CO where I live have a high number of unvaxxed and selective/delayed vaxxed children. As these kids are not rare, the schools are forthcoming about exemptions and don't try and hide their existence. My children are adult/teens so the pressure to vaccinate is not the same as those with babies and young children, and I have always taken them to no-vax friendly doctors, who have accepted my position on vaccination.

Good luck with your search for a place to live. I would really give a thumbs up to CO, the pro-vax/pharma lobby tried recently to tighten up the exemption laws by requiring parents who select philosophical exemptions to take an online re-education program or get a physician to sign-off. Thankfully, this failed and it looks likely another similar bill won't be introduced any time soon.

http://www.vaccinationinformationnet...-re-education/

The icing on the cake was the Senate included an amendment recognizing the risks of vaccination.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#85 of 86 Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There are a lot of unvaxxed /selectively vaxed/ delayed vaxed kids in Santa Fe, NM. NM allows for a religious exemption. A few years ago they tried to eliminate "false religious exemptions" (what *would* that mean? How can you say that anyone's religious belief is false if you believe in the freedom of religion?) by making the parents applying for the exemption state their religious beliefs and then having that approved or not by a board. I got mine approved without problems, but I did hear of some people having to appeal. Now, however, that form has been replaced with a nice simple form that asks you to check one of three boxes. My form was approved the same day that I submitted it, and I received it in the mail two days later. I'm not sure if that change was because of protests or simply someone realizing that they had given themselves a lot of extra work for no good reason.
#86 of 86 Old 06-27-2014, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
I live in Vermont and we went through a huge battle over vaccines and mandates and exemptions. I can seriously say that this battle is going to intensify everywhere in the US and if we want to continue to have exemptions and choice we need to be prepared to fight. We also need to ally with people who want to vaccinate selectively.
Mirzam, applejuice and beckybird like this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page