are there people on here who did zero vaccinations for their kids ever? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

#1 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Looking to find parents who did no vaccinations on their kids and their kids were healthy with that choice. Looking for stories about this. thanks

applejuice and bayosgirl87 like this.
#2 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
People who did zero Vaxes are rarer than you'd think . . .
#3 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I have never vaccinated any of my kids and they are healthy as can be.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#4 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Zero vaccines for my kids (and home births, so no chance of a sneaky hep B vaccine either). They will not be getting any vaccines in the future (at least as long as they are kids and it's my choice).

They've had chickenpox (from a chickenpox party). One has had pertussis, which improved quickly once I realized what it was and started treating with sodium ascorbate (a type of vitamin C). Who knows if they've had hepatitis A or rubella. Those diseases are usually extremely mild or asymptomatic in children.

#5 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 09:12 AM

Add me to that list. I know  many other families who haven't given one either.

My kids are extremely healthy.

Have they had a few colds, yep. ( once a year or less)

All have had CP-very mild.

All have had Measles: but I would have never known it was so mild if my youngest wouldn't have had a classical sign.

(My DH got a mild case of it too even though we both in our childhood had received numerous doses of the MMR and even individual vaxes for it.)

They might have had other things, but fought it off before I even knew they had it.

Other than that, they are happy, super healthy, smart and doing great.

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

#6 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 AM

I know more than 6000 people who've made that choice, and it's one we'll make long term too. :) More personally, my youngest two stepchildren are entirely vax-free too. They're the healthiest of all of my dsc. 

applejuice and Snapdragon like this.

Happy mama to our sweet pea innocent.gif (08/25/13), loving wife to my brilliant gentleman geek.gif (09/10/11) and lucky stepmama to five grouphug.gif

Breastfeeding, babywearing, and promoting natural health one day at a time!

#7 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 12:45 PM

I have an 7 month old and he has had no vac's, he is the happiest, healthiest baby ever. 

My sister has two boys, one 3 and one 5.5 months, both no vacs and they are both healthy! The 3 year old has had little colds here and there because of being around other kids at church and stuff but he's never had anything major! The 5.5 mo old baby has some allergies that my sister is (tirelessly) trying to figure out, so I'm really happy she doesn't vaccinate her kids because if he is already a bit sensitive I don't know what vaccines would do to him! 

My eldest sister has 3 kids, one girl - 7, one boy - 5, another girl - 3, ALL are no immunizations, have never been sick other than a normal common cold. The 7 year old and 5 year old are in school/pre-school and my sister is a work-from-home mom so they never went to daycare regularly. All have never had any issues or sicknesses. Very healthy, active kids. 

We all try to give our kids good eating habits. When my eldest sisters kids went to school they were hammered with some colds for a while, I assume from not being used to being around other kids so much, but now they rarely ever sick! My sister just upped their Vitamins to help them get through it and now their immune systems are back on track. 

Long term, I am not FULLY vaccinated and I've never been sick or a sickly person. I work at a school and never get the flu shot and yet I'm the only one who rarely gets sick from the flu. I did my first year working here because again, not used to being around all the germs kids bring, haha! Now I'm rarely ever sick and most of my co-workers who get the flu shot get the flu. Every year. And they've worked here for 10+ years. Their immune systems should be built up by now. It's crazy. 

When my son is old enough and his brain is developed, we would consider getting a tetanus shot for him if he gets cut by something metal. Other than if we have to travel, we won't be doing any shots at all. If you have any questions let me know! :)

applejuice likes this.
#8 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlauriana View Post

When my son is old enough and his brain is developed, we would consider getting a tetanus shot for him if he gets cut by something metal. Other than if we have to travel, we won't be doing any shots at all. If you have any questions let me know! :)

Just as a side note, if you are ever concerned that your son has a cut that puts him at risk for tetanus, what you'd want is actually the tetanus IgE (an antitoxin) shot, not the tetanus vaccine. :) A vaccine for a bacterial infection (which tetanus is) is useless and it's why hospitals will administer a "booster" (there aren't actually any tetanus only vaccines - what they give you when you get a "booster" is just Tdap) even if you're "up to date" on vaccines.

Most people who go in for tetanus shots after a cut aren't actually at risk for it , so that's why they never develop tetanus, not because the Tdap actually does anything. If it ever is a real concern though, make sure they give him the IgE, not the "booster". 

Happy mama to our sweet pea innocent.gif (08/25/13), loving wife to my brilliant gentleman geek.gif (09/10/11) and lucky stepmama to five grouphug.gif

#9 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakiepie View Post

Just as a side note, if you are ever concerned that your son has a cut that puts him at risk for tetanus, what you'd want is actually the tetanus IgE (an antitoxin) shot, not the tetanus vaccine. :) A vaccine for a bacterial infection (which tetanus is) is useless and it's why hospitals will administer a "booster" (there aren't actually any tetanus only vaccines - what they give you when you get a "booster" is just Tdap) even if you're "up to date" on vaccines.

Most people who go in for tetanus shots after a cut aren't actually at risk for it , so that's why they never develop tetanus, not because the Tdap actually does anything. If it ever is a real concern though, make sure they give him the IgE, not the "booster". 

Good to know. I shouldn't assume that if my boy gets cut by something metal and I go in to get him a tetanus shot that they will do what they should by him. You'd think that it would be standard that if a person has already been cut by tetanus that they would receive an antitoxin, but that just isn't the way it is anymore. Parents have to be extremely vigilant of what treatment their children (and heck, themselves too!) get. Thanks for the info!! :)

applejuice, keakiepie and whjert like this.
#10 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlauriana View Post

When my son is old enough and his brain is developed, we would consider getting a tetanus shot for him if he gets cut by something metal. 

Tetanus has nothing to do with metal. The "rusty nail" concern comes from a nail causing a very deep wound if stepped on, which could possibly cause anaerobic conditions (not being exposed to oxygen). The rusty part comes from if a nail is rusty, that could mean it's been out in the elements for a long time, possibly being pooped on by livestock at some point. (Livestock poop can contain tetanus spores). 

A wound that bleeds (bleeding exposes the wound to oxygen), caused by a kitchen knife for example, is very unlikely to cause tetanus. Plus, consider that there are only about 30 cases of tetanus per year, mostly in people over 40.

#11 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 PM

Yes, tetanus is anaerobic which means if it bleeds, the tetanus bacteria can't colonize because it will have been exposed to oxygen. That's the other portion of the rusty nail thing - the idea being that something like a nail can cause a deep puncture wound that won't entirely be exposed to oxygen. smile.gif

Contrary to popular belief, tetanus is actually REALLY hard to contract and become ill from. Simple wound care is typically enough to stay safe.
applejuice, tash11 and boomer78 like this.

#12 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Yes, our children are 100% vaxx-free. As far as we know they've never had a vaxx-available disease. Well, maybe the flu or the rota-virus, but if they did it wasn't bad enough to see a doctor. As far as their overall health, eh, some years have been better than others with stomach bugs, colds, etc...

applejuice likes this.
#13 of 86 Old 11-13-2013, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My youngest two have never been vaccinated.
applejuice likes this.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#14 of 86 Old 11-14-2013, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

DS has had zero vaccines.  Maybe once a year or less he gets a cold.  That's it.  He's never had any serious health problems.  He's never seen the inside of a hospital. (He was born at home).

applejuice likes this.
#15 of 86 Old 11-14-2013, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

My DD will be 4 next Thursday! :stillheart  She is vax free, and I breastfed her until she was almost 3.5. She is not in school or daycare, but we do go out to play once or twice a week. She is very healthy! My son is 11, in school, and fully vaxxed until age 5. He is pretty healthy too, even more since I learned about true nutrition, organics, supplements, etc.

My DD has only had a few minor colds so far.  No allergies, asthma, disorders, etc. I don't know if her good health is a result of my efforts, or if it's just genetic. Who cares lol? She's healthy, so I will keep up with whatever I'm doing.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#16 of 86 Old 11-14-2013, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)

My middle child has received no vaccines.  She is the picture of health (my healthiest child).  

My youngest has had one vaccine -pneumococcal.  She was a candidate for it, IMHO…otherwise she would not have had it.  We don't do any by rote.  

applejuice and keakiepie like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#17 of 86 Old 11-15-2013, 10:14 AM

My two are vacs free.  My son was formula fed due to latching issues and some really dumb stuff that happened in the NICU where he was treated for jaundice(including pumping him with antibiotics for 48hrs for no real reason other then caution)...he is healthy and smart but he has had a million ear infections and has to get tubes...but again I think it was the formula ( lack of breastmilk immunity) and the antibitics. I feel like his immune system is just now starting to catch up from all that and he is a year and half.

My six month old DD is vac free and breastfed and so far she has never been sick...I mean she has had a very very mild case of congestion when we were all sick with colds...but nothing really. Unlike her brother.

So I think no vacs are a big part but I also think the immunity and antibodies from breastfeeding make  HUGE difference in health!

Also my sisters kids are not vaced and they are all normal. Her one formula fed child had to have tubes in her ears too. The rest were breastfed and are healthy aside from the normal stuff.

I have many friends who don't vaccinate and they are all happy healthy and smart little ones. No problems.

#18 of 86 Old 11-15-2013, 02:38 PM

My two are completely unvaxxed, ages 6 & 9. I'm always on the fence about whether or not I will vax eventually, and if so, what for. I really haven't decided yet... I'm quite happy that my babies are free from the multitudes of adjuvents put into vaxxes. If I do vax, it will most likely be the most difficult decision I do make.
applejuice likes this.
#19 of 86 Old 11-15-2013, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine are unvaxxed and healthy!
applejuice likes this.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#20 of 86 Old 11-15-2013, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Zero Vax's here.... my kids are pretty healthy and have not got any VPD, that I know of.  We get multiple colds here a year, but I would not say that we are unhealthy.  They get the cold, then get over it quickly. 

keakiepie likes this.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#21 of 86 Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM

My 5 and 2 year old have had zero vaccinations. They have been extremely healthy in comparison to their fully vaccinated same age cousins as well as compared to the early childhood history of their fully vaccinated older brothers. My 5 yr old has never been on antibiotics and have only gone to the doctor a handful of times, once for stitches and once for a broken bone. My 2 yr old was on his first antibiotic at 20 months for a stubborn ear infection that wouldn't clear with home care. 

Compare that to my older vaxed kids who were on antibiotics multiple times in their first year for ear infections, prone to croup, two were hospitalized due to dehydration due to a nasty GI virus (even though they were both EBF). They also all struggle with allergies, asthma, skin issues, etc. We don't have those issues with our younger two. They do get the occasional cold but they get over it quickly and without complications. Stomach viruses are over in a day or less. Its great having healthy kids! :)

Mom to DS(17) autismribbon.gif DS(15) autismribbon.gif DS(12) autismribbon.gif My gifted, quirky, wonderful teens!

Mama to Jack bouncy.gif11.08 and Liam  biggrinbounce.gif 9.11 and due with boy #6! stork-boy.gif  

Blissfully married to the love of my life since 8.8.8 partners.gif 

#22 of 86 Old 11-16-2013, 07:00 AM

No vaccines ever for my two kids. One is 20 months old the other 2 months. healthiest kids around. You're not alone!!
#23 of 86 Old 11-16-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

great responses! Keep them coming!

#24 of 86 Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 AM

my boys, both preemies - now 6.5 and 4 have had no vaxes, and no antibiotics. they are both pretty healthy, but they do tend to hold onto night time coughs...so likely post-nasal drips, well after colds resolve. fever has been a very rare occurrence. I do think breastfeeding past two has been an integral part of building their overall health and strength of their immune system.

applejuice likes this.

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#25 of 86 Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen13 View Post

My two are completely unvaxxed, ages 6 & 9. I'm always on the fence about whether or not I will vax eventually, and if so, what for. I really haven't decided yet... I'm quite happy that my babies are free from the multitudes of adjuvents put into vaxxes. If I do vax, it will most likely be the most difficult decision I do make.

I feel this too re vaxing. my husband is pro-vaccine and I am against it, but I may consider selective as their immune systems mature. am really glad we haven't thus far

applejuice likes this.

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#26 of 86 Old 11-20-2013, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)

One is an adult and only received the 80's versions and had a reaction at age 5 - nothing past that

my other is now 5 (BIG GAP) 100% free - my first only had one round of antibiotics until age 18 due to a animal bite and it was days before the dog was caught and tested - so far my 5 year old (soon to be 6) has had no antibiotics 

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#27 of 86 Old 11-20-2013, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

My adult son was partially vaxed, BLW at 24 mos.,  and always sick.

My 12yo has had zero vaxes, BLW at 60 mos., and catches little colds as often as everyone else but manages to fight them off in 24 hrs or less almost every single time.  I say "almost" because he has had a few instances of illness that were more severe, but it was all weird stuff for which there is no vax, like 5th disease and hand, foot, and mouth disease.

Bring back the old MDC
#28 of 86 Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 PM

My almost 4 year old (in two weeks) had only received hepB shot at birth. Breastfed until almost 3. During the 4 years, while exposed to everything possible, she had an instance of vomiting for a few hours (interaction with her little friend w. a stomach bug for 24hrs/d for a few days in a row - I didn't limit their time spent together, it wasn't even possible - she got over it incredibly quickly unlike her friend whom she got it from)  and she had her first fever this September (probably Roseola). She is incredibly healthy. I don't know if it's genetic, or her not being vaccinated, extended breastfeeding, organic diet and healthy foods in general, or a combo of some of these things. Our second is almost 8 months and also very healthy, she has had zero vaccines.

applejuice likes this.

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#29 of 86 Old 11-24-2013, 07:49 AM

I have five children, ages 29, 26, 18, 14 and 11.  My two oldest were "fully" vaccinated, but for them, that was about 21 doses by school age, not the 50 plus vaccines today's children are getting.  My 3rd child was vaccinated to age 4,  my now 14 year old hasn't had a shot since his 3rd round of shots, (which almost killed him), so my youngest, now 11, has never had a shot, and surprise surprise, he is the healthiest of all five.  He's never had a sick visit.  He's had a couple mild illnesses, but I could count on one hand the number of times he's been sick, and mild at that.  I think with him I am finally witnessing an immune system (an intact one) operating in the way in which it was intended.

#30 of 86 Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM

My son is 4 1/2 and has never had vaxes or antibiotics. He is a big healthy kid. He is in preschool now, so he does get his share of runny noses and has been sick with a fever a couple times.He nursed until he was 3 1/2.
applejuice likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page