Lost a client because I don't vax - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 05:32 PM
 
DogMother25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies, I'm with everyone on this, and I agree vaxing is a choice. But I guess trying to make light, smile, this thread made it to the skeptical ob. Everyone say HI AMY! And no, it's a flame on the women here so it's not flattering. But I find it funny she has to troll these threads for something to talk about on her blog. I do not vaccinate and understand those that do and do not. I am 100% on the cool with everyone. But after you get past the rudeness and just...if I ever want to be yelled at, I'd go to her site (she's not talking to me, but whenever I read her blog I feel like she's yelling. I can feel her yell through her keyboard :P) after all that I'd still laugh.

To the OP- you are an amazing woman, you help other woman and you should be proud. I understand it hurts to lose a client to something that should be a choice. But next time it's brought up with a client, may I offer to maybe ask them how they feel about the advice they were given on the vaccines? Maybe ask how they feel about it, not so much the doctor. After all, it's her child, not the doctors.



Oh,an d Dr.Amy, I can be found around the interweb. And I do appreciate your site, you have allowed me to get into the minds of women when things have gone wrong during birth (mainly, mostly, pretty much all home births). I understand that you do not, align, yourself with the home birth or much natural birth hoo ha, and i understand that too. It's okay though. The Buddha teaches us that, those that hurt others, whether by actions or words, have been hurt themselves sometime in their lives. I'm sorry you we're hurt by something(probably not even birth related!) or someone in your life, but I love you. I love you an d your whole pile of what is Dr. Amy.

To the ladies here: keep doing what you do. You're awesome. You are moms. You try to understand this crazy thing we call life. It's hard, it's brutal, it's wonderful, and it's rewarding. But in the end, we're all human, eyes, ears, heart, nose, mouth, blood pumping all that, and I love you all. Have a great night ladies.

joy.gif
joy.gif
DogMother25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2013, 07:42 PM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,407
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMother25 View Post

Hey ladies, I'm with everyone on this, and I agree vaxing is a choice. But I guess trying to make light, smile, this thread made it to the skeptical ob. Everyone say HI AMY! And no, it's a flame on the women here so it's not flattering. But I find it funny she has to troll these threads for something to talk about on her blog. I do not vaccinate and understand those that do and do not. I am 100% on the cool with everyone. But after you get past the rudeness and just...if I ever want to be yelled at, I'd go to her site (she's not talking to me, but whenever I read her blog I feel like she's yelling. I can feel her yell through her keyboard :P) after all that I'd still laugh.

To the OP- you are an amazing woman, you help other woman and you should be proud. I understand it hurts to lose a client to something that should be a choice. But next time it's brought up with a client, may I offer to maybe ask them how they feel about the advice they were given on the vaccines? Maybe ask how they feel about it, not so much the doctor. After all, it's her child, not the doctors.



Oh,an d Dr.Amy, I can be found around the interweb. And I do appreciate your site, you have allowed me to get into the minds of women when things have gone wrong during birth (mainly, mostly, pretty much all home births). I understand that you do not, align, yourself with the home birth or much natural birth hoo ha, and i understand that too. It's okay though. The Buddha teaches us that, those that hurt others, whether by actions or words, have been hurt themselves sometime in their lives. I'm sorry you we're hurt by something(probably not even birth related!) or someone in your life, but I love you. I love you an d your whole pile of what is Dr. Amy.

To the ladies here: keep doing what you do. You're awesome. You are moms. You try to understand this crazy thing we call life. It's hard, it's brutal, it's wonderful, and it's rewarding. But in the end, we're all human, eyes, ears, heart, nose, mouth, blood pumping all that, and I love you all. Have a great night ladies.

joy.gif
joy.gif

I had been reading this and didn't know the Dr who was being "spoken" about - WOW- I found her site - scary! OP - I could not comment because I have not dealt with this, but it sad what happened - sorry to read about it.


 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 09:05 PM
 
sassyfirechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,624
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
 

I had been reading this and didn't know the Dr who was being "spoken" about - WOW- I found her site - scary! OP - I could not comment because I have not dealt with this, but it sad what happened - sorry to read about it.

Yah, I was told about her but just got around to looking it up last night, holy crap!  Guess some people really do have nothing better to do, but I shut her crap down real quick too much trash talk, all garbage and nothing worthy of my time reading.

sassyfirechick is online now  
Old 12-03-2013, 06:21 AM
 
MaggieLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Mamas, my take on this is that one can be helpful and loving and use truth and caring words or one can be intentionally hurtful and wallow in negativity and end up only refusing to heal by using inflammatory language and hatred and only drag others down to that particular circle of hell for company.

When we choose mental and emotional and physical health over hate and rumor and innuendo we bring other people into the light with positivity.

Dwelling in negativity will prevent healing and only keep us sad and bitter and only find temporary "joy" when attacking and hurting others. This type of thinking and action speaks to a certain sadmess darkness and even perhaps depravity of the soul. It makes me sad that anyone, let alone a mother would immerse herself in such damaging negativity.

I'm glad to see so many positive loving and forward thinking mothers here reject that particular kind of pathetic self inflicted darkness!

I applaud the women who reject certain damaging kinds of inflammatory hatefulness.

It gladdens the heart to see so many choosing health healing and joy instead of darkness.

MDC Mamas who choose the Light rock.

Attachment Parenting: The radical notion that children are human. bfinfant.gif
MaggieLC is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 03:09 PM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,407
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

this doesn't belong here really but I feel those who posted here might want to hear this - a "certain" OB talks on this - I heard it this morning! uhoh3.gif ahhhhhhhhh PUNKE!

 

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/thepulse/item/62755-hunting-for-a-home-birth 


 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 03:49 PM
 
minerva23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: down by the riverside
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLC View Post

Hey Mamas, my take on this is that one can be helpful and loving and use truth and caring words or one can be intentionally hurtful and wallow in negativity and end up only refusing to heal by using inflammatory language and hatred and only drag others down to that particular circle of hell for company.

When we choose mental and emotional and physical health over hate and rumor and innuendo we bring other people into the light with positivity.

Dwelling in negativity will prevent healing and only keep us sad and bitter and only find temporary "joy" when attacking and hurting others. This type of thinking and action speaks to a certain sadmess darkness and even perhaps depravity of the soul. It makes me sad that anyone, let alone a mother would immerse herself in such damaging negativity.

I'm glad to see so many positive loving and forward thinking mothers here reject that particular kind of pathetic self inflicted darkness!

I applaud the women who reject certain damaging kinds of inflammatory hatefulness.

It gladdens the heart to see so many choosing health healing and joy instead of darkness.

MDC Mamas who choose the Light rock.


Wow, I just love your post. This is so absolutely true. I felt so touched by this. Thanks for sharing.


“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

minerva23 is offline  
 

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off