I dont vax but am considering hib vaccine.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-13-2013, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am pretty much as anti-vax as they come. That being said, hib scares me because unlike most diseases that vaccines are designed to "prevent", hib is often caught too late and aside from antibiotics i dont seem to find any way to treat it.. It scares me and I am debating giving my daughter this ONE vaccine at her 2 yr check up. I have heard there is even a preservative free version of this.. Is that true. She does have food allergies: gluten, dairy, and soy.. And so i worry that the vaccine could affect her. Also, i have had a history of vaccine reactions. My gut is telling me not to vaccinate but i am feeling conflicted about this one disease.

Thoughts??? Advice?
#2 of 3 Old 12-13-2013, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hi! I am going to just post a bunch of links and see where it takes you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17516405

In this study over a six year period (2000-2006) researchers came to the conclusion that:

In addition to the proportional increase in cases of nontype b Haemophilus influenzae disease in the post H. influenzae type b vaccine era, the incidence of invasive H. influenzae disease was found to be approaching the rates of H. influenzae type b disease that were documented in the prevaccine period. Fifty-six percent of invasive disease now occurs in individuals aged >10 years.

Here, I found a place that has all kinds of links that I do. Hope this might help:

http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/vaccine-efficacy-how-often-do-vaccines-work/hib/

The website links you directly to the studies. That is helpful.

Also there is this: http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/2008/01/31/sisyphus-and-the-conjugate-vaccines/#more-16

That link will take you to two more pages. It is also a good read.

Just for your reading: The types of Meningitis:

• Amoebic meningitis: caused by amoeba in thermal hot pools.
  • Aseptic meningitis: causes include connective tissue diseases, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), Behcet’s disease, drugs, toxins, antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, and other types of medications.
  • Bacterial meningitis: caused by a bacterial infection. 
  • Cryptococcal meningitis: primarily in immunosuppressed people e.g. HIV, caused by infection from Blastomyces dermatitidis, and another yeast called Cryptococcus found in soil and bird droppings. To most people it is not normally a problem.
  • Meningococcal meningitis: caused by several different types of bacteria called Neisseria meningitides.  Commonly called meningococcal disease. Types: A,B, C,W, Y. It is carried by around 20% of people most of the time, with types varying. Most people exposed to the bacteria never get ill.
  • Neoplastic meningitis: is caused by the spread of solid tumours to the brain or spinal cord.
  • Parasitic meningitis: Toxoplasmosis
  • Streptococcus Pneumonaie: A bacterial form of meningitis, which has become much more common after the use of the Hib vaccine.
  • Syphilitic meningitis: (sometimes called aseptic) caused by infection with the bacterium that causes syphilis.
  • Tuberculous meningitis: caused by tuberculosis infection, and left untreated may cause brain damage.
  • Viral meningitis: primarily caused by echo or enteroviruses, and is most common in children. It can sometimes be a complication of childhood diseases such as chickenpox, mumps, herpes simplex etc .

It is a complex thing to look at and I feel ya there.   The testing was done on younger children and never alone. There was never a placebo. It was a group of kids normally given one type of Hib... and the "control" group given DTP or a combo shot of one of the other vaxes they had. If they all had about the same reactions in both groups.... it was deemed safe. This is how all vaxes are tested.

Also, there is no "preservative free" shot. They like to claim that their is one.... but I still consider large amounts of aluminum to be dangerous personally. They are just trading toxins.

This is another link from someone else asking similar questions, check out all the links.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/574250/staph-and-prevnar

It is a few years old but relevant. In fact, I would go to the search engine under Vaccinations and do a search for everything you can find on HIB.

There is a wealth of info on old threads.

S

DS-13      

DD-8

DD-2

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

#3 of 3 Old 12-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Going on personal experience with Hib being one of the specifics that my DD reacted to (tested by our ND) at 2 and 5mos before we stopped altogether, she's also dairy/gluten/soy reactive, our ND is fully supportive in not vaxxing her any further as she and I both react pretty heavily to vaccines.  I guess it's not one of those things I really worry about her getting, and I worry less about most diseases with each day because the older she gets, the stronger she gets.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page