"There haven't been any studies that have proven vaccines cause autism" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 12-17-2013, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would like to know how best to respond to this I know that studies are directly or indirectly funded by pharma. But is there a more effective way of responding to the statement that no studies gave proven.....? Thanks
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 12 Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)

"….actually, there have been studies suggesting a link between vaccines and autism in susceptible individuals.  There have been court rulings as well…would you like to see some links?"

"…it can take many, many years to prove causation (think how long it took to prove cigarettes were dangerous - decades!).  I choose not to take a chance with my child while they sort this all out."

"I will not argue with you.  I am the parent and will do whatever I legally can with my kid, you do the same.  This topic is not up for discussion."

Oh, also. google pinks disease and autism.

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#3 of 12 Old 12-19-2013, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

No. I agree with you. I'm
Really asking if there are studies so I can counter the comment that no studies tie autism to vaccines. Please look at my previous posts if you are unsure. And please send me any helpful links.
applejuice likes this.
#4 of 12 Old 12-21-2013, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Well cause might not be entirely accurate and that's where it gets hairy with the pro-vaxxers.  Trigger is a better description....but then anything environmental can trigger any number of issues that one might be pre-disposed to get.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21623535

"Although individuals probably have a genetic predisposition to develop autism, researchers suspect that one or more environmental triggers are also needed. One of those triggers might be the battery of vaccinations that young children receive..... A positive and statistically significant relationship was found: The higher the proportion of children receiving recommended vaccinations, the higher was the prevalence of AUT or SLI."

#5 of 12 Old 12-27-2013, 04:34 PM

Also there are some health problems that are linked to autism that can be caused by vaccines. Like brain swelling. Maybe google that info for more details.
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 12 Old 12-27-2013, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattack View Post

I would like to know how best to respond to this I know that studies are directly or indirectly funded by pharma. But is there a more effective way of responding to the statement that no studies gave proven.....? Thanks

Since autism really doesn't factor into my vaccination decisions, I think my most likely response would be: "Okay....and you're mentioning this to me why?"  I might go on to rant about what is and isn't "proven", but only if I'm bored.

applejuice likes this.
#7 of 12 Old 12-28-2013, 10:25 AM

deleted
#8 of 12 Old 01-03-2014, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)

Naimah, please review the forum guidelines and post in the forums that relate to your vaccine choices. SFC, will you please remove the portion of your post that quotes deleted posts, please? Members wanting to continue this discussion with pro-vax and NF members can post a spin-off in Discussion and Debate. Thanks! 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#9 of 12 Old 01-06-2014, 08:43 AM

So in another thread I had started with some great graphs and stats, this was one of the links regarding autism:

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/vaccination-causes-autism-%e2%80%93-say-us-government-merck%e2%80%99s-director-of%c2%a0vaccines/

So for those pre-disposed with certain conditions, vaccines could be the catalyst that triggers the switch from ok to ASD's, some interesting stuff.

applejuice likes this.
#10 of 12 Old 01-09-2014, 12:54 PM

www.fourteenstudies.org

Not only relevant studies showing potential links, but also details mainstream studies and how poor they are.

#11 of 12 Old 01-10-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonsey View Post

www.fourteenstudies.org

Not only relevant studies showing potential links, but also details mainstream studies and how poor they are.

This is AWESOME! Thank you for posting this. I am pinning it to my Vaccine Info Pinterest board. :)

Taximom5 likes this.
#12 of 12 Old 01-13-2014, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That NIH link is amazing.

I don't know how to use pubmed. is the whole article available to anyone?

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page