Strategies to get us to vaccinate. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

This is their song sheet.

Communicating effectively about vaccine safety

http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/publichealth/immunization/documents/CommunicatingEffectively.pdf

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

Hang on a minute.

What the heck is this???
"A virulent mycobacterium tuberculosis strain was inadvertently switched with the Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine in 1929.  It was given to 250 10-day-old children, and 72 infants died."

What the HECK????? Am I the only one who hadn't heard of this before? I thought the BCG vaccine wasn't introduced until the late 1940's or early 1950's?
ulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis strain was inadvertently switched with the Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine in 1929. It was given to 25 10-day-old children, and 72 infants died. 

A virulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis strain was inadvertently switched with the Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine in 1929. It was given to 250 10-day-old children, and 72 infants died. 

A virulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis strain was inadvertently switched with the Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine in 1929. It was given to 250 10-day-old children, and 72 infants died. 

Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)

I like the way they try to trash the NVIC as "media savvy, politically connected, and personal-injury lawyer backed."

What, are they implying that the vaccine manufacturers aren't media savvy and politically connected, with some of the highest-paid corporate lawyers in the world in their employ?

Um, right, let's take a look at how Merck funded Texas Governor Rick Perry's campaign for governor, right before he tried to MANDATE Gardasil for all preteen girls.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

In my [limited] experience of NVIC, they are not as media savvy as V4V.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I love how most of their references are by Brian Deer and Paul Offit.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Page 18: Strongly recommend vaccines: "I believe in immunizations for all children." Way to look at the child, doc.

I think I'll stop reading there.  I'm going to bed soon & figure it won't help me to get my blood pressure up w/ this drivel.  Cuss.gif

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Pathetic isn't it? These fanatical pro-vaxers can show us nothing but cherry picked industry studies and soundbites from the official CDC song sheet. It seems that the do not have an independent thought, its just parroting. The worrying thing is that this is all the general public gets if they rely on official sources and the media. This is not informed consent. It is propaganda. 

t

Old 02-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Pathetic isn't it? These fanatical pro-vaxers can show us nothing but cherry picked industry studies and soundbites from the official CDC song sheet. It seems that the do not have an independent thought, its just parroting. The worrying thing is that this is all the general public gets if they rely on official sources and the media. This is not informed consent. It is propaganda. 

That's all I got when I was a new parent. Here's a sheet to read later, lay her down, I'll be back w/ the shots. Barf. Not informed consent at all :-(.

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

"How did we get here" followed by first few slides - all F* ups of the vaccine industry- but they can't figure out why anyone would question them?!?! :laugh  So they screw up, kill a whole bunch of people that likely would never have contracted the disease they were supposedly vaccinating for, people see the problem, begin to question, and rather than look within and make things better...safer (I know, I laughed as I typed that, the irony of it) they come together looking for ways to FORCE COMPLIANCE with the current screwed up system!  Ugh.

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List