Vaccine related legislative activity in states across the country - 58 bills across 24 states - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/February-2014/2014-State-Vaccine-Legislation-in-America---Battle.aspx

2014 State Vaccine Legislation in America: Battle Lines Are Drawn & Your Participation is Needed!

BeckyBird likes this.
#2 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Wow, I am truely shocked! I was not aware that the situation in the US has been this grave. Taking away civil liberties in this respect is just wrong. I cannot understand that there is not more opposition to those proposed bills or are the people living in these states are not aware of them.

How can this possibly become a law? Since we all know how doctors 'convince' people to get shots - disgusting!

Quote: Some of the most disturbing bills are out of New York: NY A 497 and NY S 3134 would make it possible for doctors to give minor children vaccines for sexually transmitted diseases (such as hepatitis B and HPV vaccines) without their parents’ knowledge or consent if the minor child  agrees to get the vaccine.

If not even medical exemptions are allowed in order to foster!

Quote:
Foster Parents’ Informed Consent Rights Attacked

Some legislators don’t want to accept laws protecting vaccine informed consent rights from last year’s legislative session.  For example, last year the Arizona legislature passed a common sense law giving foster parents the right to make voluntary vaccination decisions for their own children and still be foster parents.  This was particularly helpful in cases where the children of foster parents had medical contraindications to vaccination or had filed non-medical vaccine exemptions. Now there is a proposed law (AZ SB1243) that would basically repeal this law and instead force foster parents to vaccinate their biological and legally adopted children or be denied the right to be foster parents.

Parents in Oregon should be made aware of this to file before the March deadline

Quote:

Restricting Vaccine Exemptions in Oregon

Last legislative session, the state of Oregon suffered a setback when OR SB 132 was passed and eliminated the religious exemption to vaccination. The new law requires parents and guardians, who file a nonmedical exemption for their child after Mar. 1, 2014, to receive state-approved “education” about vaccination before being allowed to file the exemption.  If a parent already has a non-medical exemption form on file with schools and daycare facilities, the form does not need to be resubmitted. Only parents filing non-medical exemptions after Mar. 1, 2014 will have to comply with the new regulations.  

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#3 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva23 View Post

Quote: Some of the most disturbing bills are out of New York: NY A 497 and NY S 3134 would make it possible for doctors to give minor children vaccines for sexually transmitted diseases (such as hepatitis B and HPV vaccines) without their parents’ knowledge or consent if the minor child  agrees to get the vaccine.

This is already the law in California. It is very important for parents in California to educate their children approaching age 12 about vaccines. Because starting at age 12, the parents are no longer in control. It's not even required that they be notified that their child was vaccinated. So a girl (or boy) could go behind her parents' backs, get 3 doses of the HPV vaccine, and not tell her parents. Then, if the parents do decide to allow the HPV vaccine later, the girl could get 3 more doses if she is afraid to tell her parents it was already done.

In another scenario, a child could be injured by the HPV (or Hep B) vaccine, and the parents would have no idea vaccine injury was a possibility.

Of course medical bills related to vaccine injury are the parents' responsibility.

Mirzam, applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#4 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Why do you think they are pushing the vaccine issue nationwide? Is it because there is an actual threat to the program, or are they anticipating a potential threat, and are trying to prevent it before it starts? Are there more vaccine refusers than we thought, or are they trying to get laws in place before more people refuse vaccines?

I've always thought we were in the minority (.3%!) but could there be more? Is the program expecting the numbers to grow, and why?

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#5 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It sure does seem like Jenny McCarthy's evil plan is working LOL. I don't have any actual proof, but it does seen like more and more people are questioning vaccines, certainly the quantity that is being given now. I honestly think that when they added the Chicken Pox vaccine that that was a turning point, because many people were like, "huh?"

So many people I have spoken to recently have confided in me their concerns. Many of them medical folks or people in school for their medical degrees.

The truth always wins. It may take a while, but it always wins.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#6 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

Why do you think they are pushing the vaccine issue nationwide? Is it because there is an actual threat to the program, or are they anticipating a potential threat, and are trying to prevent it before it starts? Are there more vaccine refusers than we thought, or are they trying to get laws in place before more people refuse vaccines?

I've always thought we were in the minority (.3%!) but could there be more? Is the program expecting the numbers to grow, and why?

I think they are worried and by trying to get into kids heads before they have a chance to think for themselves....but that's just insane!  I mean, bringing clinics to schools, vaccinating without parental consent (WTF!!?) - You can't even draw blood without parental consent but it's ok to inject something that has a potential for side effects??  We all know they don't inform parents nearly enough if at all about risks of vaccines - how often do you think they will give this information to kids in order for them to make an informed decision?  Are they going to tell them about the risks of guillain-barré syndrome, febrile seizures, encephalitis, autoimmune disorders and death?  No - they will take these poor impressionable young kids, scare hem half to death with how bad these diseases are, maybe even use peer pressure to really lay on the guilt and then justify it as what, doing due diligence to protect the masses??????  I am livid reading this crap.  Thankfully CT isn't on the list for now because I really don't need another reason to hate this place!  I'm very surprised by some of the places - like VT...who knew they were so gung-ho into beating down the pro-choice (for lack of better term because this really is about choice)!

As for posting the schools vaccination rate.....can we say witch hunt? That's right up there with NY posting the addresses of all registered gun owners  What ever happened to "mind your own damn business"?  I mean really what is that going to accomplish - do they expect the pro-vax parents to hunt down the non-vaxxers and threaten or ridicule them into compliance or rat them out to some sort of secret vaccine police?? Are people really so blind they can't see where this is going....

BeckyBird and 3lilchunklins like this.
#7 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#8 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

YES!
applejuice likes this.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#9 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
When DS was still in public school they had "flu shot day" at school! They did send home a consent form for parents to sign before hand, but I just kept him home that day.

Grim times to come, I'm afraid.
BeckyBird likes this.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#10 of 25 Old 02-12-2014, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)

I do think this will come to a head and very soon too.

While we "technically"have two political parties, one is really in disarray and will soon be tested (so to say) on where they really stand on personal freedoms (word they use) on vaccines and other "social" issues (pot, etc) and I think vaccines are not on the public radar as much but will get pushed up the more this type of stuff comes about. Keep loosing elections is a sure way to know things are not well - flip flop and say you want government out of you life, yet support mandates (not just vaccines) is a sure way to work people up. Mandates doesn't seem be in favor with most people no matter what side you are on, the times they are a changing……...

I think while it's not "good" it can be good because more that learn about this, the more that will react! If they weren't so scared there would not be all this big propaganda war against those of us .3%ers! The more these "stories" come out - leaving the Anti-vaccine movement, etc - they are for a reason, APPARENTLY not everyone is a lemming ready to take one for the herd - I like they are scared so much they feel they have to come after us!

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#11 of 25 Old 02-13-2014, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)

OT, but I think the whole political party system is a sham.

It doesn't matter which party you're talking about; all the politicians in that party have already been bought and paid for by Big Pharma, Big Agra, etc.

#12 of 25 Old 02-13-2014, 01:18 PM

lol Taximom, so true

And why can't I send an organic herbal throat lozenge to school with my 11 year old son, without first sending in a consent form? Yet it's legal to allow 12 year olds to make the serious choice to vaccinate.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#13 of 25 Old 02-13-2014, 04:17 PM

Well you know in that one year they mature so much :lol

BeckyBird likes this.
#14 of 25 Old 02-13-2014, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Another article about the same subject from the other side. Always know your opponent. Understand their POV.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2014/02/11/states-may-be-getting-stricter-on-child-vaccine-exemptions

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#15 of 25 Old 02-14-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:

"So it is in everyone's interest to ensure that their community has high vaccination rates."

So don't forget to rat your neighbors out!  It always comes back to the unvaxxed being vectors for disease but where is this proof?

#17 of 25 Old 02-14-2014, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2014/02/11/states-may-be-getting-stricter-on-child-vaccine-exemptions

Quote:In recent years, a growing number of parents have been using the exemptions to shun vaccines over safety concerns. In a 2006 study, Omer's team found that the number of children in states with the opt-out who went unvaccinated for non-medical reasons more than doubled between 1991 and 2004 -- from about 1 percent to 2.5 percent.

There you go - such a big increase of over 50% in just 13 years - that has to be acted on!

Quote:That's at least partly in response to concerns about disease outbreaks. In 2010, for example, California had an outbreak of whooping cough that sickened more than 9,000 people and killed 10 infants -- most of whom were too young to be vaccinated.

In a recent study of that outbreak, researchers at Johns Hopkins University found that whooping cough cases tended to concentrate in areas of the state with the highest rates of personal belief exemptions.

Well, now what about that? Why not state that it was over 90% of the already vaccinated community who caught whooping cough and that it was not B. pertussis that was going around but B. parapertussis that is not even included in the vaccine! Probably because it sounds much nicer to blame it to the areas with a high rate of personal belief exemptions so to make it easier to finally get rid off them again.

Mirzam, applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#18 of 25 Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's ridiculous fact twisting. Disgusting. Did that journalist even bother reading all resources?!

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#19 of 25 Old 02-14-2014, 11:17 AM

Minerva, that's a great example of their propaganda--in this case, the spreading of half-truths in order to promote vaccines. It's no wonder so many people are on the war path with vaccine skeptics, because all of these publications are promoting that message. Drumming up the emotions of the masses, who will not ever look any further into the issue.

Mirzam and applejuice like this.

#20 of 25 Old 02-15-2014, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://www.opb.org/news/series/vitalsigns/oregon-school-exclusion-day-february-19th/

Quote:

Oregon Wants Students Vaccinated By Feb. 19

OPB | Feb. 15, 2014 6 a.m. | Portland

Quote:
The new law dictates that parents who don’t want to immunize their kids must either discuss the benefits and risks of vaccinations with a health care practitioner, or watch an hour-long, on-line interactive video that does the same thing.

applejuice likes this.
#21 of 25 Old 02-15-2014, 08:56 PM

What happens with people who don't take their children in for regular well baby visits? Will they be required to visit the doctor for a vaccine lecture?

applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.

#22 of 25 Old 02-16-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

Another article about the same subject from the other side. Always know your opponent. Understand their POV.

The comments to that article are interesting. Most of them are by industry shill Dorit Reiss.

It would be very interesting to apply a computer program tracking her posting history on the Internet. She must be spending several hours a day posting. Yeah, just what every working mother of a toddler has time for....
applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.
#23 of 25 Old 02-16-2014, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

The comments to that article are interesting. Most of them are by industry shill Dorit Reiss.

It would be very interesting to apply a computer program tracking her posting history on the Internet. She must be spending several hours a day posting. Yeah, just what every working mother of a toddler has time for....

I think someone commenting on AoA did try to do just that.  I remember it was shocking the number of posts she made. 

applejuice likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#24 of 25 Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

I think someone commenting on AoA did try to do just that.  I remember it was shocking the number of posts she made. 

I saw that, but they only applied the program to one website she commented on--and it was still a shockingly high number of posts!  And she posts all over the place, on news sites for many different city newspapers.

applejuice likes this.
#25 of 25 Old 02-16-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

http://www.opb.org/news/series/vitalsigns/oregon-school-exclusion-day-february-19th/

Quote:

Oregon Wants Students Vaccinated By Feb. 19

OPB | Feb. 15, 2014 6 a.m. | Portland

Quote:
The new law dictates that parents who don’t want to immunize their kids must either discuss the benefits and risks of vaccinations with a health care practitioner, or watch an hour-long, on-line interactive video that does the same thing.

Well, it doesn't define or specify anything for the HCP so I'd say "ok. I have discussed this at length with my ND and have decided it's not in my childs best interests to vaccinate".  Online videos huh?  Makes me recall the yearly "recurrent training" we did online at my former job and it was all presentations I could set to autoplay (bc if you flipped through the pages too soon your total time would be less than required and they wouldn't count it) and walk away to do other things in my house or watch tv and then just take the tests at the end :2whistle

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

What happens with people who don't take their children in for regular well baby visits? Will they be required to visit the doctor for a vaccine lecture?

LOL been there done that and left because of it!!  Yet another thing I'd like to be able to do through an ND so wording as always is critical on these proposed things!

applejuice likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page