Another vaccine failure - meningitis (very sad) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-15-2014, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Berwick community mourns loss of first grader who died of meningitis

Quote:

6-year-old Evalise McLean had an ear infection that turned into bacterial meningitis. Her family says Evie was vaccinated for meningitis, but that still didn't prevent the illness.

Evie was found unresponsive, taken to the hospital and taken off life support Sunday.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#2 of 6 Old 02-15-2014, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
That is really sad. I cannot imagine losing my child.
#3 of 6 Old 02-15-2014, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
OMGoodness!
One question, how does an ear infection turn into meningitis?
Ive never heard of that before...
kelldel likes this.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#4 of 6 Old 02-15-2014, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

The ear ache infection would spread to the meninges. It is an infection that spreads from the ear into the nearby tissues.

the meninges - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/19080.htm

the ear - http://www.healthline.com/human-body-maps/ear-canal

One important thing that is not told to parents about the meningitis vaccine is that -

1. it does not cover all the different kinds of  bacteria that can cause meningitis , and

2. the vaccine does not cover the viruses and fungi that can cause other forms of meningitis.

So much for informed consent.

The meningitis vaccine is required for college attendance, yet there are always outbreaks on campuses across this nation every year in this fully vaccinated population. One was at U of Pennsylvania two years ago and another was at Princeton and UCSB a couple of months ago.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/06/us/meningitis-outbreak-strikes-two-universities.html?_r=0

Mirzam likes this.
#5 of 6 Old 02-16-2014, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Wow! That freaks me out about the ear infection thing! DS1 was my only kid who battled ear infections, hes also the one who received the most vaxes out of my kids ....hmmmm! Glad ear infections are a rare occurrence these days in my house.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#6 of 6 Old 02-16-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LilChunklins View Post

Wow! That freaks me out about the ear infection thing! DS1 was my only kid who battled ear infections, hes also the one who received the most vaxes out of my kids ....hmmmm! Glad ear infections are a rare occurrence these days in my house.

My oldest son had lots of ear aches as a little one; none of my kids are vaxed, but I suspect it was because I laid down to nurse him and the milk ran into his eustachian tubes that way. Just a guess. He is fine now.  So there are lots of causes.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page