the new and improved flu shot - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-16-2014, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

for babies less than a year?

This study makes me really wonder if there was real informed consent.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=113200

caned & able likes this.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#2 of 13 Old 02-16-2014, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Yeah no kidding.
caned & able likes this.
#3 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I saw that too...wonder how many babies are going to suffer under the guise of 'being healthy'...smh...not to mention loss of babies being experimented on for this.   Sickening. 

#4 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)

And that's from 2010????

applejuice and caned & able like this.
#5 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I am appalled at how many moms think this is a great idea....i posted this piece elsewhere, and the replies were truly disgusting. Ranging from,  'side effects will be rare', to ' great, now my newborn will be protected as will the family, we all get flu shots every year', and 'this will be great for preemies, too'...smh...

#6 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Ugh.  I know someone who will run right out and shoot up her kid.  I final snapped and commented on a FB post she had about looking for a good, cheap photographer to do baby pics but they have to have had their flu and DTaP for at least 2 weeks!  At first I was like ok, that's none of your business, then omg how freaking ballsy - do you plan to question store employees and your mail carrier as well????  So my post was short and sweet:  "Cochrane review - flu shot doesn't prevent transmission...just sayin".  I mean come on!  Of course there were plenty willing to divulge that they'd been shot up for both - one who's about to give birth any day and was more than glad to share all the shots she's had, clearly while pregnant!! PS this kid is only a month old and already on antibiotics and was 'switched to formula' bc mom had a surprise unknown hospital stay shortly after he was born so hey any shots you put yourself at risk for while preggers, guess what?! They do no good if you don't attempt to breastfeed.  I just can't stand this shit.

#7 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)

"In this study, the researchers randomly assigned 1,375 healthy infants to receive either two doses of the standard trivalent seasonal flu vaccine (protects against three strains of circulating flu virus) or a placebo vaccine. The vaccines were given one month apart, in combination with standard recommended infant vaccines.

Immunological tests showed that nearly half of the infants who received the flu vaccine developed protective antibodies against at least two of the three influenza strains covered by the vaccine. No evidence was noted that the flu vaccine interfered with infant responses to routine childhood vaccinations."

1.  So it is unethical to leave kids unvaxxed (the way they came) to study them, but it is ethical to experiment on a baby as young as 6 week with vaccines?  Double standard anyone?

2.  less than 1/2 showed protective antibodies to 2/3 strains. Assuming all strain circulate evenly, we are looking at 1/3 protection rate.  Hardly inspiring.  (note:  did they actually follow up on the rate of influenza in both groups?  Nope)

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#8 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

And that's from 2010????

Good eye.  So you know this vaccine turned out to be all B.S. if it is not yet on the market and being poked into every kid they can get their hands on.

But look at the hype and bells and whistles that show how promising this new vaccine is.

And I wonder what an adverse event was and how severe it was to be considered an adverse event to be even counted in this study.

caned & able likes this.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#9 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

"In this study, the researchers randomly assigned 1,375 healthy infants to receive either two doses of the standard trivalent seasonal flu vaccine (protects against three strains of circulating flu virus) or a placebo vaccine. The vaccines were given one month apart, in combination with standard recommended infant vaccines.

WHAT WAS IN THE PLACEBO VACCINE?

#10 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
 ...in combination with standard recommended infant vaccines.

So, if the placebo  - whatever it was - was given with the standard recommended infant vaccines that are on the AAP and CDC schedule, and the child suffered a reaction, who knew what the child was reacting to?

Mirzam and caned & able like this.

#11 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

So, if the placebo  - whatever it was - was given with the standard recommended infant vaccines that are on the AAP and CDC schedule, and the child suffered a reaction, who knew what the child was reacting to?

And we're already unable to determine which vaccines in combination might be causing additional adverse reactions.

I'm also wondering if they used thimerosal-preserved flu shots in this test on 6-week-old infants.

I've scoffed at some of the more "out-there" conspiracy theories in the past, but what better way to cover up past thimerosal damage than to introduce both thimerosal-preserved flu shots to pregnant mothers, thimerosal-preserved flu shots to 6-month-olds, and, if the autism rate still seems to be going down, thimerosal-preserved flu shots to 6-week-olds?

#12 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Outstanding points, taximom5. Thank you.

#13 of 13 Old 02-17-2014, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:

No flu vaccine is approved for use in infants less than 6 months old, even though children in this age group are at high risk for flu and related complications.

Oh gee, but that couldn't have anything to do with all those adults running out to get vaxxed, lowering their own immune systems making them more prone to bringing things home to these infants....or the fact that sick people just can't seem to stay home...or the whole transmission issue of being an asymptomatic carrier and not even knowing you are spreading illnesses...

But it's ok, we'll just vax them even younger and of course all the while promoting moms to get vaxxed in pregnancy so they get a double whammy!

And I do love the "nearly half" reference...as though less than 50% is SUCH a spectacular rate!

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page