If only... screen shot - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I coudn't think of how to title this thread. These are screen shots from an anime I am watching. I wanted to share. 

If only the USA was so chill. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 02-18-2014, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Cool! What anime is that?

applejuice likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#3 of 19 Old 02-18-2014, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)

That IS very cool!   

My understanding of rubella, though, is that it is generally a very mild virus, and that it's only dangerous to a developing fetus.

applejuice and kathymuggle like this.
#4 of 19 Old 02-18-2014, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Yes, I had rubella; it is mild.

When I got my marriage license in the mid 1970s, I had to take the Wasserman test to prove I did not have syphllis and I had to prove I had rubella titres. Of course I had titres because I had recovered from rubella. I do not know if that is still done. Many women of childbearing age today do not have rubella titres because vaccination is NOT dependable.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/german_measles.html

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#5 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

Yes, I had rubella; it is mild.

When I got my marriage license in the mid 1970s, I had to take the Wasserman test to prove I did not have syphllis and I had to prove I had rubella titres. Of course I had titres because I had recovered from rubella. I do not know if that is still done. Many women of childbearing age today do not have rubella titres because vaccination is NOT dependable.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/german_measles.html

I assume most are clueless in what you are even talking about! This is ancient history to most!!!

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#6 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I had rubella at 4mos old in '64...i often wonder if that is the source of my juvie arthritis, and now osteoarthritis is crippling me at a young age (50) to the point i've applied for disability.  With all four of my kids, every time the prenatals were done, every nurse had the same comment: "Gee, your rubella titers are at 98%, that's great!'   And that was 30yrs after having rubella  as an infant.    But to get a dr to listen to me seriously about it is a joke. My concerns were pooh poohed.  'Oh , that's not possibly the cause'  'Well, lots of people your age have arthritis'..um, NO they don't..i know of NO ONE my age who is crippled like i am from it..RA tests were neg, too.   And then there was the total dismissal of concerns  'No, i don't think it has anything to do with it'.. didn't even bother entertaining the idea that maybe rubella could have something to do with it.  I think it does.  

applejuice likes this.
#7 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

I had it around my fifth birthday, I got a new bike for that birthday and remember riding it around the neighborhood with German measles (as we called it)! I remember thinking this was great because here I was sick, but felt fine and didn't have to go to school.

applejuice likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#8 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

A friend of mine hat titres drawn for rubella while pregnant (standard procedure here) and it showed no antibodies. So after the pregnancy she got the MMR shot. 1 1/2 years later she was pregnant again and guess what they found when she had titres drawn - no antibodies! Go figure. So she had the MMR shot again after the pregnancy and when she got pregnant with her 3 child 2 years later - yet again - no antibodies!

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#9 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva23 View Post

A friend of mine hat titres drawn for rubella while pregnant (standard procedure here) and it showed no antibodies. So after the pregnancy she got the MMR shot. 1 1/2 years later she was pregnant again and guess what they found when she had titres drawn - no antibodies! Go figure. So she had the MMR shot again after the pregnancy and when she got pregnant with her 3 child 2 years later - yet again - no antibodies!

BUT this just can't be according to the vaccine side!   and it's just nothing I suppose to keep getting several shots! :eyesroll

applejuice likes this.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#10 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:

Very same thing happened to my sister. Funny that!

applejuice likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#11 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)

I *think* I have antibodies....I did get titered during regular blood work while pregnant and it was never offered by the midwife group (who are part of a regular OB practice so they did offer up every vaccine) but I honestly don't remember!  That I know of I didn't have rubella, but was vaxxed for MMR at some point late childhood...early 90's perhaps?  Maybe next time around I'll pay more attention!

applejuice likes this.
#12 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 12:30 PM

My OB wanted to administer the Rubella vax before I conceived. I asked for a titer and it was positive, I guess I had previously been exposed.
Minerva that is interesting about the titer. I wonder if she seroconverted but just not considered an adequate level of antibodies. Truly anything over one dilution should mean that memory cells would respond upon the next exposure to the antigen.
There are two types of titers. The best I feel is quantitative and gives you a dilution number. Whereas qualitative just reads POS/ NEG. I wouldn't trust those.
#13 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

My OB wanted to administer the Rubella vax before I conceived. I asked for a titer and it was positive, I guess I had previously been exposed.
Minerva23 that is interesting about the titer. I wonder if she seroconverted but just not considered an adequate level of antibodies. Truly anything over one dilution should mean that memory cells would respond upon the next exposure to the antigen.
There are two types of titers. The best I feel is quantitative and gives you a dilution number. Whereas qualitative just reads POS/ NEG. I wouldn't trust those.
#14 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

I had rubella at 4mos old in '64...i often wonder if that is the source of my juvie arthritis, and now osteoarthritis is crippling me at a young age (50) to the point i've applied for disability.  With all four of my kids, every time the prenatals were done, every nurse had the same comment: "Gee, your rubella titers are at 98%, that's great!'   And that was 30yrs after having rubella  as an infant.    But to get a dr to listen to me seriously about it is a joke. My concerns were pooh poohed.  'Oh , that's not possibly the cause'  'Well, lots of people your age have arthritis'..um, NO they don't..i know of NO ONE my age who is crippled like i am from it..RA tests were neg, too.   And then there was the total dismissal of concerns  'No, i don't think it has anything to do with it'.. didn't even bother entertaining the idea that maybe rubella could have something to do with it.  I think it does.  

Emmy, sorry to get offtopic.gif , but have you ever either been tested for celiac disease, or tried a 100% gluten-free, casein-free diet?

I ask because I know someone who was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in her early teens; after 3 years of physical therapy, and 3 years of near-constant ibuprofen use, she tried a gluten-free diet (at age 16), and her arthritis symptoms almost completely disappeared.  They DID completely disappear when she went off dairy as well, as did her frequent migraines.  She got tested within a month of going off gluten (which is iffy timing, as you can end up with a false negative), and STILL tested positive for celiac disease.

Back on topic, if the MMR shot is known to cause arthritis/arthralgia in up to 25% of adult females who get it (something Merck even admits on their website, in the small print), what's it causing in babies?   If the shot causes arthritis, why not the virus? 

And if you're 50--you might have been given the vaccine at some point anyway, in addition to having had all the diseases.  Quite a lot of women have been given MMRs by their doctors before or between pregnancies, even if they recall having had the disease.  Until very, very recently, doctors never bothered testing for titers.  Most still don't.

BeckyBird likes this.
#15 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

They do the quantatives here and give you the dilution number. At least I haven't seen it any other way yet.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#16 of 19 Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

Cool! What anime is that?

Nagi no Asukara 

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#17 of 19 Old 02-20-2014, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Emmy, sorry to get offtopic.gif , but have you ever either been tested for celiac disease, or tried a 100% gluten-free, casein-free diet?  No

I ask because I know someone who was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in her early teens; after 3 years of physical therapy, and 3 years of near-constant ibuprofen use, she tried a gluten-free diet (at age 16), and her arthritis symptoms almost completely disappeared.  They DID completely disappear when she went off dairy as well, as did her frequent migraines.  She got tested within a month of going off gluten (which is iffy timing, as you can end up with a false negative), and STILL tested positive for celiac disease.

Back on topic, if the MMR shot is known to cause arthritis/arthralgia in up to 25% of adult females who get it (something Merck even admits on their website, in the small print), what's it causing in babies?   If the shot causes arthritis, why not the virus? I've been trying to find articles on post rubella arthritis, but most seem to link it to the vaccine

And if you're 50--you might have been given the vaccine at some point anyway, in addition to having had all the diseases.  Quite a lot of women have been given MMRs by their doctors before or between pregnancies, even if they recall having had the disease.  Until very, very recently, doctors never bothered testing for titers.  Most still don't.  I know i had  mumps and rubella for certain, i remember the mumps at 4yr old - my sis had a much worse case at 9yrs old, we had them the same time and i remember she was in bed most of the time while i got to play and stay up.  Not sure if i was ever given the vaccine - our pedi at that time would not have recommended it for us, in particular because all my sibs had gotten measles, mumps, and rubella naturally in the 50's and 60's.  Illness seemed to hit that particular sister worse than anyone in the family whenever a bug came around...incidentally, she was diagnosed a juvie type 2 diabetic at 16yrs old. 

applejuice likes this.
#18 of 19 Old 02-20-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

This is almost exactly what happened to me. Apparently it's fairly common. Got married, GA tested for Rubella before you could get a marriage license. No immunity. Got MMR. Got ready to have first kid, had tests done, low immunity. Got MMR again (before I got pregnant). Hospital apparently tested when she was born. Low immunity. Shot yet again. 3 years later, got pregnant with second child. Got tested... Said, "Let me guess. Low immunity?" Was told, "Nope. Your titers are fine actually." 

All this time, I also presumed I had had the MMR as a child, and never had Rubella. I know I had the MMR jab at least once since I remember it at 5-ish. Then my dad told me I apparently had Rubella as a baby before I was old enough for the MMR. 

applejuice likes this.

Book loving, editor mom to 2

#19 of 19 Old 02-20-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Happened to my friend, too! She finally just gave up!
applejuice likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page