Is Disqus blocking vaccine questioners and critics? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Several posters have notices that, shortly after posting on recent Disqus-powered comment sections on a couple of recent articles on proposed legislation in Colorado, that would curtail citizens' freedom to decline vaccines.

There were no posts that were removed, posters did not receive admonishments or warnings; the posters (including myself) merely posted facts about vaccines, including the necessary citations,

I thought I'd start a discussion about it. It might be interesting to find out how many others have been blocked. I also think this kind of censorship needs to be brought out into the open. I think it's very frightening that they do this. I don't know if it's Disqus or CBS that is behind the censorship.

Personally, I am blocked from even viewing the comments page, though I keep getting emails alerting me to the vicious and insulting responses by the pro vaxers, so it looks like they have not been blocked.
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I can't see them either..I wrote to the person in charge, and have yet to hear back as well.   Could be part of that 'central internet intelligence surveillance' going on....have you tried viewing from someone else's pc not affiliated with yours?  I'm going to do that when my dd gets home later..i'll post what happens. 

applejuice likes this.
#3 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)

Taxi - tell me the site to go to.  I will let you know if I see comments.  I can also post a respectful but critical question or comment  and let you know if I am then blocked.

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much to Emmy: suddenly, I can see comments again. It appears that I am unblocked, though, sadly, every comment flagged by lilady was deleted.  Apparently, she's got quite a bit of power.   

#5 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Taxi - tell me the site to go to.  I will let you know if I see comments.  I can also post a respectful but critical question or comment  and let you know if I am then blocked.

Thanks, Kathy, it was this one: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/02/20/kids-vaccines-spotlight-state-capitol/ and another, older article.

Emmy, can you see the comments now, too?

#6 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)

Done!  I made boring, respectful but critical of the new policy post (with typos  - no edit feature @#$%) on the thread.  I will be interested to see if it poofs.  

serenbat likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#7 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

lilady is attacking you already...

#8 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Lilady and Doris apparently have no life. Looks like they've gotten the order from Big Pharma to help this bill get fast tracked for approval.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page