Surprise~Surprise! PRO-vaccine FEAR propaganda doesn't work! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-03-2014, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Who would have guessed? :lol

Apparently the wording and the pictures aren't working as intend! SHOCKING???

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pro-vaccination-campaigns-debunking-myths-may-scaring-wary-parents/

None of the designed public health messages increased parental intent to get their child vaccinated. 

it goes on to add this - 

The images of children who had the diseases and the story of a child who almost died from measles actually backfired, increasing the misconception that vaccines cause autism and serious side effects, respectively.

The researchers suspected the CDC debunking the autism claims backfired and got parents to think of other concerns to justify anti-vaccine beliefs. The images and dramatic narrative of sick kids might have backfired by priming parents to think of more dangers and associate them with vaccines.

The study only looked at intention to vaccinate, and not whether or not parents actually got heir kids vaccinated. It's not clear how much their attitudes would match with reality.

But the researchers concluded that the study shows these campaigns have to be tested first among especially resistant groups. Going for a subtle approach instead of scaring parents might be more effective. (translation - we need to watch out for the "next approach" - are you ready?)

"These results suggest the need to carefully test vaccination messaging before making it public," they said.

BeckyBird and sassyfirechick like this.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#2 of 15 Old 03-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Where do they get these numbers from?

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24869469/vaccines-prevent-millions-of-infections-save-billions-in-costs-cdc

http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/2008/06/16/where-do-they-find-these-scary-statistics/

http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/2008/07/28/where-do-they-find-these-scary-statistics-part-ii/

http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/2008/09/02/where-do-they-find-these-scary-statistics-iii-lets-make-a-few-assumptions-hepatitis-b/

serenbat likes this.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#3 of 15 Old 03-04-2014, 04:11 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I like this quote:

Quote:
. "The number of kids that have received no vaccines is less than 1 percent."

Where did they get that number?

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24869469/vaccines-prevent-millions-of-infections-save-billions-in-costs-cdc

applejuice and serenbat like this.
#4 of 15 Old 03-04-2014, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

I like this quote:

Where did they get that number?

same place they pull other number from? :bgbounce given the way they talk you would think 101% were unvaccinated! 

applejuice likes this.

&

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#5 of 15 Old 03-04-2014, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
 "The best response to false beliefs is not necessarily providing correct information."

headscratch.gif Lie to the people - it's sooo much better!

Quote:
 researchers looked at data on vaccination and disease rates collected from 2005 to 2009, and found following the current childhood immunization schedule prevented 20 million cases of disease, about 42,000 deaths

confused.gif um....so how do you say you prevented 20 million of something for which you have no numbers to go off of? I mean you cannot unequivocally claim that without vaccination 20 million people would have presented with these diseases and that with absolute certainty 42,000 would have died....

Quote:
The researchers found the vaccines reduced direct medical costs by $13.5 billion, including money spent to treat infections and disease complications. The overall societal costs -- which included supplies and special education for children disabled by diseases, and productivity losses caused by premature death -- totaled $68.8 billion.

Funny, no mention of societal cost for raising an entire generation of mentally and physically ill children into adulthood, what with all the special schooling, early intervention, medications, specialty doctors, adult care, inability to function at a normal range resulting in less people entering the workforce therefore increasing the numbers on state aid that everyone else has to pay for......I'd venture a guess that this number will FAR exceed their $68 billion "estimate" for disease via non-vax.

BRING ON THE TESTING!  Lol, pretty sure anyone with half a brain will see right through it as being a set-up and call them out.

#6 of 15 Old 03-04-2014, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post

headscratch.gif Lie to the people - it's sooo much better!

confused.gif um....so how do you say you prevented 20 million of something for which you have no numbers to go off of? I mean you cannot unequivocally claim that without vaccination 20 million people would have presented with these diseases and that with absolute certainty 42,000 would have died....

Funny, no mention of societal cost for raising an entire generation of mentally and physically ill children into adulthood, what with all the special schooling, early intervention, medications, specialty doctors, adult care, inability to function at a normal range resulting in less people entering the workforce therefore increasing the numbers on state aid that everyone else has to pay for......I'd venture a guess that this number will FAR exceed their $68 billion "estimate" for disease via non-vax.

BRING ON THE TESTING!  Lol, pretty sure anyone with half a brain will see right through it as being a set-up and call them out. YUP! :lol

I really wonder about some that have been on here - are we a test site and if you do well, do you move on or loose your ability to post for the team? I think some lost!!

Thinking back over recent pop-ins and outs they go so quickly, I really wonder how much our posts have figured into things.

I love the scary pictures, apparently that doesn't do well and in the past few months I can think of some that were posted - makes me wonder…..also wondering about those who have become poster-mom's for the cause (as we have posted many of their coming outs on here--- Amy and her pals) I really wonder sometimes what the powers that be are thinking, the allusion that someone must be that  certain type of "mom" and really who will they appeal to win over to vaccinate? I guess, those who can't think and must be told what to think and those who buy into FEAR - those who ALREADY vaccinate???

Personally some I would not even think are mom's let alone I would not even have coffee with them but that is who is being paraded out as spokes people?! The mega posters is what get me - who buy into what they are pushing??? The 24-7 posters, working "professionals" & a mom too (really??) - all out there to get you converted. Who picked someone of these people? I think someone is reading page after pages from the cold war area propaganda book and never updated the marketing!  What is next, cute kittens trying to convince us to vaccinate - how would that test market???? I'm a dog person!!!!!

&

#7 of 15 Old 03-04-2014, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

What is next, cute kittens trying to convince us to vaccinate - how would that test market???? I'm a dog person!!!!!

:laughI can totally see this happening and it goes something like this....."would you say no to this poor starving kitten?  Every time you skip a vaccine a kitten dies....do it for the kittens!"  Take that you fear mongering spies!

#8 of 15 Old 03-04-2014, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)

Are they really so threatened by the tiny percentage of the no/selective/delayed vaxxers?  The provax campaign continues to grow each and every year, and I'm wondering why?  

I don't think many people trust in authority figures of modern day--from our leaders, public officials, medical organizations, etc. Everyone has a problem with something, rightThere are many people who are unhappy with the way things are in this country. So, we have the medical authorities teamed up with the government, all pushing the same message--Vaccinate! Vaccinate! Maybe this is causing people to pause and question the untrustworthy systems!

Maybe all the provax campaigning is actually drawing attention to the fact that there is controversy over the issue. I WISH there were more controversy in 2002 when my son was born. Now, the message is everywhere, and people are able to research and decide for themselves. 

Maybe the internet is much more powerful than the authorities could have imagined, so they are fighting back with force. They are even changing laws and creating mandates, which is just awful!! The message of the vaccine critics is unavoidable, and it's reaching many people.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#9 of 15 Old 03-04-2014, 06:19 PM

There has always been controversy. 

There was plenty of information about autism and vaccine before Wakefield.  I remember a professor stating in 1996 how nervous she was about her child's upcoming pediatric appointment as we discussed handling different neurological conditions as a teacher in the classroom.  The class was about mainstreaming such students.  I had an article with me from the local Mrs Gooch's market about a mother who saved her autistic child with the help of a DAN! doctor.

In 1986, the vaccine law was passed immunizing the drug companies from liability for vaccine damage.

I used to go to Dr. Mendelsohn's lectures when he came to town each January starting in 1978.

That was the time of Phil Donohue, the swine flu vaccine fiasco, and the DPT shot in the dark controversies.

In the 1960s it was the Quadrigen vaccine by Pfizer, and in the 1950s it was the Cutter incident.

Raggedy Ann commemorates the death of Marcella Gruelle who died from a smallpox vaccination reaction.

Nothing changes.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#10 of 15 Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 PM

Yet another article bemoaning the Pediatrics study:

I DON’T WANT TO BE RIGHT

I waded through it to get to this:

Quote:
Take the example of the burgeoning raw-milk movement. So far, it’s a relatively fringe phenomenon, but if it spreads it threatens to undo the health benefits of more than a century of pasteurization. 

Huh? I don't understand how the desire for safe raw milk can undo the health "benefits" of pasteurization.

Quote:

I asked Nyhan if a similar approach would work with vaccines. He wasn’t sure—for the present moment, at least. “We may be past that point with vaccines,” he told me. “For now, while the issue is already so personalized in such a public way, it’s hard to find anything that will work.” The message that could be useful for raw milk, he pointed out, cuts another way in the current vaccine narrative: the diseases are bad, but people now believe that the vaccines, unlike pasteurized milk, are dangerous. The longer the narrative remains co-opted by prominent figures with little to no actual medical expertise—the Jenny McCarthys of the world—the more difficult it becomes to find a unified, non-ideological theme. 

Again with the convenient Jenny blaming! shake.gif

I like this comment from a reader:

Quote:

One thing not addressed in this study is whether or not the cohorts in the experiment groups felt that that the source of information was reliable. One of the biggest hurdles for vaccination advocates is that much of the anti-vaccine population doesn't find the CDC or FDA trustworthy. 

Until you can convince the anti-vaccine crowd that Big Pharma does NOT heavily influence decisions made by those two government agencies, any promotional materials will fall on deaf ears. Vaccine free cohorts currently believe they are getting information from a pack of liars. Whether or not it's true (that the CDC and FDA are liars) is irrelevant. What is relevant is the BELIEF that they are liars.

However I disagree that "Whether or not it's true (that the CDC and FDA are liars) is irrelevant."

If only "they" would be upfront about the problems with vaccines and the safety of raw milk under certain circumstances, I might stop believing they're a pack of liars. Until then, I won't.

#11 of 15 Old 05-22-2014, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

"These results suggest the need to carefully test vaccination messaging before making it public," they said.

Or, here's a novel idea: CAREFULLY TEST VACCINATIONS before making them public.

"Until you can convince the anti-vaccine crowd that Big Pharma does NOT heavily influence decisions made by those two government agencies, any promotional materials will fall on deaf ears. Vaccine free cohorts currently believe they are getting information from a pack of liars. Whether or not it's true (that the CDC and FDA are liars) is irrelevant. What is relevant is the BELIEF that they are liars."

Simple fix: get rid of the revolving door, the pharma influence on the CDC, and maybe then people will start believing what they say.

bftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif  novaxnoIRC.gifmom to 1 DD (4/13) luxlove.gif

#12 of 15 Old 05-22-2014, 02:45 PM

The Jenny-blaming is so ridiculous. She has more experience healing/curing/improving/etc. autism than most doctors, because she DID it when they told her there was nothing she could do!  No, she is not a medical professional, but she, like us, chooses to follow the advice of medical professionals and researchers who also question vaccines. I'm sorry these people are not acceptable to the mainstream medical vaccine pharma system, but their info is valuable! So what if the current healthcare system disregards these vaccine-skeptical professionals? I have a low opinion of the current healthcare system, and its outdated, inferior recommendations.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#13 of 15 Old 05-22-2014, 02:55 PM

Good points, Becky.

Dr. Mendelsohn, a dues paying member of the AMA and pediatrician by trade, said if a ped "fires" a parent for refusing to vaccinate or vax on schedule, that is a wonderful opportunity to explore other healing options as naturopath, DO, DC, homeopath, or just the general practitioner.

A door closes, and another one opens ...

#14 of 15 Old 05-22-2014, 03:03 PM

Yes, it might just be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully, the fired patient will find a better doctor, and will benefit from a superior form of care!

#15 of 15 Old 05-23-2014, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

Yes, it might just be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully, the fired patient will find a better doctor, and will benefit from a superior form of care!

as they always say, have a bad experience (be it a meal, a shopping trip or even a doctor!) you tend to tell more about it!

applejuice likes this.

&

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page