Sodium Ascorbate - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-08-2014, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know if this should be here, but this is the only section I've read about the use of Sodium Ascorbate!

I just bought some, but don't know the recommended dose for myself and my children. I am nursing my 2 month old and my toddlers are 3 and 2. My husband came down with something and so has my 3 year old, so I am assuming the rest of us will too!!

Is it safe to give to my little ones and myself while nursing?

Please help!! :-)
#2 of 7 Old 03-08-2014, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

As I understand it, you should take one gram until you have loose stools, that is, bowel tolerance. 

Someone else can chime in with how many milligrams or grams to body weight, but usually it is 3000-5000 milligrams over 3-4 hours  before you notice the bowel tolerance.

You can mix the sodium ascorbate in 8 oz of  OJ, AJ, water, or 3 oz of yogurt or apple sauce.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#3 of 7 Old 03-10-2014, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

http://www.whale.to/a/The-Vitamin-C-Treatment-of-Whooping-Cough.pdf

I follow this for any colds.  Last viral thing I had I ended up around 20g in a 24hr period before I hit saturation so obviously I was fighting off something! 

applejuice likes this.
#4 of 7 Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I am personally in favor of whatever maintains good health and works!

Good for you, sassyfirechick!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#5 of 7 Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What brand of sodium ascorbate do you all buy? And where? I would ideally want to get something not made from corn or if this is impossible I would like it to be at least made from non-GMO corn. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

#6 of 7 Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I use Nutribiotic and I get it from Iherb. I also get citrus bioflavonoids from there, website, not brand. The Nutribiotic sodium ascorbate is gmo free.
#7 of 7 Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I love iherb, great prices and a good selection!  Currently working of a few bottles of Vitacost brand ascorbic acid which we convert to SA with baking soda - waste not want not! But once we finally run out (I got it on sale, so quite a bit to go) I'll be looking at the stuff on iherb to restock.  That's where I get my methyl-b12.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page